You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

34 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Her argument appeared to be that because Sugar wants to leave the UK, and so did some other Jewish people that were polled, that means criticism of Sugar is anti-semitic.

Utterly bizarre that a person that clearly isn't a fucking imbecile would be, well, such a fucking imbecile.

He wants to leave because rich people always say they'll leave when Labour get in. The daily mirror had a van outside for Paul Daniels when Blaire won because he said he'd leave if Labour won. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He wants to leave because rich people always say they'll leave when Labour get in. The daily mirror had a van outside for Paul Daniels when Blaire won because he said he'd leave if Labour won. 

Yes, clearly.

And he's also taken the time to basically say everyone that isn't rich is a complete loser. 

Hard to see why people might think he's a complete cunt. Must be because he has a Jewish family.

• Upvote 3

Talking of Sugar and Trump I think this is called the small man small man combo. From 2012.

exchange in full:

Trump: "How can George Osborne reduce UK debt while spending billions to subsidize Scotland's garbage wind turbines that are destroying the country?You're all wrong—check the facts! UK is massively subsidizing Scotland's wind turbines & the people don't want them."

Sugar: "Scottish don't want wind turbines........I think you have that wrong . The Scottish don't want you !"

Trump: "If you think ugly windmills are good for Scotland you are an even worse businessman than I thought...... and, in my opinion, should not be doing The Apprentice."

Sugar: "well you have NO SAY in that. The British like me not you...the ugly windmills will bring more revenue and green power to Scotland than your golf project."

Trump: "Sugar—unlike you, I own The Apprentice. You were never successful enough...... to do The Apprentice but I approved you anyway. Without my show you'd be nothing!"

Sugar: "You approved me! What a load of rubbish dream on You don't own apprentice Mark Burnett does. Shut up and argue with Obama. success is measured with what you have in business.I own all my real estate with no bank borrowing how about you big shot?"

Trump: "Sugar-Keep working hard so I make plenty of $ with your show......You have little persona, but The Apprentice concept is great and lucky for you!"

Sugar: "success is measured with what you have in business.I own all my real estate with no bank borrowing how about you big shot?You have had a charisma bypass."

Trump: "When I made The Apprentice the #1 show in the US, that was a good day for you...... and many others. Drop to your knees, Sugar, and say thank you, Mr. Trump."

At this point, Celebrity Apprentice USA winner Piers Morgan interjected: "Don't wish to interfere obviously @realDonaldTrump - but it may be time to fire @Lord_Sugar from YOUR show for his impertinence?"

Trump: "@piersmorgan @Lord_Sugar I easily could but as long as Sugar is making me money (it's my show) I won't--unlike Sugar, I'm not stupid!"

Sugar: "@realDonaldTrump @piersmorgan you are full of sh.. Trump you have no power over the UK Apprentice, just like the Scottish people."

Trump: "Dopey @Lord_Sugar—Look in the mirror and thank the real Lord that Donald Trump exists. You are nothing!"

Sugar: "you only have 1.9 m followers not good for your ego how comes I have 2.5m and you have 6 times more population than UK."

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

He wants to leave because rich people always say they'll leave when Labour get in.

Probably doesn't apply to someone who was a Labour supporter, donor and peer for 18 years.

But, yeah, it's all a Zionist plot, innit.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog said:

Probably doesn't apply to someone who was a Labour supporter, donor and peer for 18 years.

You haven't just jumped the shark there son, you're Kirsty McColl's foot washed up on a Copacabana beach.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

You haven't just jumped the shark there son, you're Kirsty McColl's foot washed up on a Copacabana beach.

You're the one claiming, with no basis in fact, that Sugar's motivation for his outburst is the same as that of celebrity Tories like Jim Davidson.

10 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Her argument appeared to be that because Sugar wants to leave the UK, and so did some other Jewish people that were polled, that means criticism of Sugar is anti-semitic.

Utterly bizarre that a person that clearly isn't a fucking imbecile would be, well, such a fucking imbecile.

She's a Manc.

52 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

You're the one claiming, with no basis in fact, that Sugar's motivation for his outburst is the same as that of celebrity Tories like Jim Davidson.

I think the fact that he refers to working class Labour Party members as "jealous losers" points to him being a cunt. He was a donor to a party that was "seriously relaxed" about increasing inequality.  When he realised that New Labour was over and cunts like him might not have everything their own way, he bailed. Last year, he supported the Tories in the General Election. 

So, given that Sugar is pretty much a Tory and his reasons for leaving  (as far as can be deciphered from his barely intelligible chunter) are Corbyn's economic policies, it's hard to conclude anything other than he's just another Jim Davidson. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think the fact that he refers to working class Labour Party members as "jealous losers" points to him being a cunt. He was a donor to a party that was "seriously relaxed" about increasing inequality.  When he realised that New Labour was over and cunts like him might not have everything their own way, he bailed. Last year, he supported the Tories in the General Election. 

So, given that Sugar is pretty much a Tory and his reasons for leaving  (as far as can be deciphered from his barely intelligible chunter) are Corbyn's economic policies, it's hard to conclude anything other than he's just another Jim Davidson. 

He knows all this.  He just acts like he doesn’t so he can throw one liner troll shite out to wind people up.  I’d say he was mentally ill but I think that would be being too kind as that would give him a reason for his attention seeking Trump like behaviour.  In reality he’s just a raging cunt who probably has no mates or life.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

No, it's not "hard" to conclude any such thing if you examine what he's actually said, which is that he's worried about Corbyn's record on antisemitism. It's a cheap trick to claim that Sugar, along with the third of British Jews who are considering leaving the country, are really concerned about money.

• Downvote 4

It's all in our heads...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-suspends-official-who-blamed-all-wars-in-the-world-on-jewish-people-v7phcqftj

Labour suspends official who blamed ‘all wars in the world’ on Jewish people

A senior Labour Party official shared anti-semitic material blaming Jews for “all the wars in the world”.

Labour’s West Midlands regional organiser, Mohammed Yasin, was suspended last night after The Sunday Times approached the party with a dossier of his activity on social media. Labour has launched an investigation.

For more than two years Yasin, not to be confused with the Labour MP with a similar name, shared anti-semitic posts and 9/11 conspiracy theories, praised a homophobic preacher and described his former leader Tony Blair as a “child-killer”.

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Haha, yes, how dare I post about a racist Labour Party official. I must be punished.

This is a good example of the improved process in reviewing and actioning complaints of anti-semitism within the Labour Party IMO. Encouraging.

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

No, it's not "hard" to conclude any such thing if you examine what he's actually said, which is that he's worried about Corbyn's record on antisemitism. It's a cheap trick to claim that Sugar, along with the third of British Jews who are considering leaving the country, are really concerned about money.

He never mentioned anti-Semitism at all in that interview.  

As for the "third of British Jews who are considering leaving" it's worth pointing out that  (according to Jewish Chronicle polls) the proportion has decreased since Corbyn took over.

It's also worth pointing out  (not that it should need pointing out to an honest and intelligent person) that just because some people believe what they've been repeatedly told - irrespective of whether it's "Corbyn is anti-Semitic" or "immigrants are a drain on the economy" or "the EU has stolen our sovereignty" - that doesn't mean it's in any way true.

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

The first two words are "Labour suspends..."

In a movement of half a million people, you're going to get some who do or say something wrong from time to time.  The important thing is what you do about it. 

(Of course, the Labour Party would be much better at dealing with this sort of shit quickly and effectively if the NEC had been allowed to implement the Code of Conduct when it wanted to. )

Labour is less anti-Semitic and less racist than any other relevant political party.  It is less anti-Semitic and less racist than society at large. To pretend otherwise is dishonest or stupid or both.

12 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Is it worth pointing out that when Sugar left our party, complaining about a drift to the left, we still had a Jewish leader?

"Red Ed" was too much of a leftie for Sugar.

4 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Labour is less anti-Semitic and less racist than any other relevant political party.  It is less anti-Semitic and less racist than society at large. To pretend otherwise is dishonest or stupid or both.

What am I going to believe - you or my own lying eyes.

• Downvote 1