You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Forging documents about Jews always ends up well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jccnorthlondon/status/1039665253687209985

Interesting, some in the comments saying it’s not fake and physical copies of the statement have been put up where the Rabbis... Rab.

I guess more investigation is needed. In your view, who forged in and what about it is incorrect. I can’t say either way as obviously I’ve not spoken to the Rabbis to confirm.

An impassioned performance today from Corbyn in PMQ's. Sticking up for the poor, the hungry, those absolutely shit on by the incompetent Universal Credit roll out.

That's what you want from a Labour leader. It'll be a sad day for the party and those who he sticks up for if he's forced out of the party because of his stance on modern day colonisation and war crimes.

That's what you want from a Labour leader. It'll be a sad day for the party and those who he sticks up for if he's forced out of the party because of his stance on modern day colonisation and war crimes.

Oh, has he finally criticised Russia for annexing bits of Ukraine?

“'The charges of anti-Semitism against Corbyn are without merit, an underhanded contribution to the disgraceful efforts to fend off the threat that a political party might emerge that is led by an admirable and decent human being, a party that is actually committed to the interests and just demands of its popular constituency and the great majority of the population generally, while also authentically concerned with the rights of suffering and oppressed people throughout the world. Plainly an intolerable threat to order.' (Noam Chomsky, email to Media Lens, September 9, 2018)”

http://medialens.org/index.php/alerts/alert-archive/2018/879-without-merit-jeremy-corbyn-antisemitism-norman-finkelstein-and-noam-chomsky.html

• Upvote 1

PMSL. Ian Bone on his friends' wedding (not a parody, I assure you)

https://ianbone.wordpress.com/2012/04/22/if-only-everyone-on-the-left-was-like-andrew-burgin/

Happy event last night was Andrew Burgin and Kate Hudson’s wedding reception. Andrew of STWC and COR and Kate of CND. Andrew is one of the few people who retains amicable relationships with all sections of the Trot left and anarchists but they took no chances by stipulating ‘NO FIGHTING’ in the wedding invite. On arrival there was a huge red on black hammer and sickle dominating the hall with Andrew and Kate embroidered on top. So – who was there? I spotted Jenny Jones, Walter Wolfgang, Jeremy Corbyn, John Rees, Lindsay German, Chris Bamberry, the Housmans crew and Andy Meinke from Freedom. The truce was impeccably maintained. Andrew an Kate made lovely affectionate speeches and both looked beamingly happy. Andrew said the registrar had allowed them to insert passages from Andre Breton and Berthold Brecht into the ceremony but not Trotsky. ‘I think that bothered me more than Kate’ he quipped. The best woman quoted extensively from Engels on ‘the family’ denouncing marriage as a bourgeois convention and stating that in any marriage the woman represented the proletariat and th man capitalism. And then Andrew announced his bombshell to the assembled Counterfire/COR listeners ‘Me and Kate have joined RESPECT’.

Sounds ace

I wish them well

Apparently, this Bone fella who was at a wedding that Corbyn attended 6 years ago has been acting the twat towards the Rees-Mogg family. Not that this is in any way relevant to this thread: the bloke (whoever he is) hates Corbyn too.

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/09/12/msm-fake-news-again-rees-mogg-harasser-is-no-corbyn-ally-he-hates-jc/

Apparently, this Bone fella who was at a wedding that Corbyn attended 6 years ago has been acting the twat towards the Rees-Mogg family. Not that this is in any way relevant to this thread: the bloke (whoever he is) hates Corbyn too.

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/09/12/msm-fake-news-again-rees-mogg-harasser-is-no-corbyn-ally-he-hates-jc/

He is the bloke behind Class War

*insert Partridge shrug gif*

Never heard of that either.

You would occasionally see some loon trying to sell it outside Central late 80s early 90s. Usually had a bizzy getting bricked as the front cover. If you suggested that you should just rob one off them instead of paying they got all offended.

“'The charges of anti-Semitism against Corbyn are without merit, an underhanded contribution to the disgraceful efforts to fend off the threat that a political party might emerge that is led by an admirable and decent human being, a party that is actually committed to the interests and just demands of its popular constituency and the great majority of the population generally, while also authentically concerned with the rights of suffering and oppressed people throughout the world. Plainly an intolerable threat to order.' (Noam Chomsky, email to Media Lens, September 9, 2018)”

http://medialens.org/index.php/alerts/alert-archive/2018/879-without-merit-jeremy-corbyn-antisemitism-norman-finkelstein-and-noam-chomsky.html

This is precisely the type of discussions that I fear the IHRA definition and examples would stop us from having.

On 9/12/2018 at 1:46 PM, ZonkoVille77 said:

If they turn out not to be fakes, will you hold your hands up for pushing a falsehood?

Jewish Chronicle aren't so sure now.

https://skwawkbox.org/2018/09/13/jewish-chronicle-rows-quietly-back-from-claims-rabbis-corbyn-support-letter-is-fake/

21 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

@Strontium Dog

So, I have to say, it appears as if you read the JC article that claimed it was a forgery, used the same terminology about it being a forgery, and it seems that it wasn't a forgery. What gives? 

33 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

@Strontium Dog

So, I have to say, it appears as if you read the JC article that claimed it was a forgery, used the same terminology about it being a forgery, and it seems that it wasn't a forgery. What gives? 

It seems that some of the signatures are genuine, but the signatories were misled about the contents of the letter.

Either way, it's hardly a shining moment.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

It seems that some of the signatures are genuine, but the signatories were misled about the contents of the letter.

Either way, it's hardly a shining moment.

You could just say you got it wrong and it wasn’t a forgery. It would be much more honest of you. 

• Upvote 1