You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

But they won 3 elections on the spin...?

Revisionism at its finest here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Revisionism" yer arse!

Those are just the facts. Labour's share of the vote declined consistently from election to election - until (for some reason) it rebounded in 2017.

Meanwhile the Tories got their highest share of the vote since 1983. I guess percentages aren't everything.

Of course not - FPTP and all that - but Rico (for some reason) brought up a 24 year-old opinion poll which deals in percentages, so it seemed appropriate to see how those percentages have panned out.

' Vortex of eternal shame ' , I'm just glad he's underplaying things.

Maybe he can get another £540k off Max Mosley to help Corbyn investigate anti-Racism.

I think it's crunch time now if Corbyn can get the NEC on his side. He has spent too long trying to be avuncular & tutting when these Progress / Labour First / LFI members launch ridiculously transparent attacks on various fronts. If he thought they would fizzle out he has under-estimated the bile involved & they need to be met head on with the same vigour they use against him. Hopefully they will get the message and go into the wilderness with Gina Miller & Old Vince.

• Upvote 1

We're in silly territory now.

An entirely unsourced Daily Mail article containing an entirely unsubstantiated allegation that Corbyn calls Louise Ellman "the right honourable member for Tel Aviv" (hahahaha - it's funny because it's practically true!) behind her back is now being shared by the "antisemitism" (mainly pro-Israel) campaign groups and calling for his resignation.

Hilarious. The mud hasn't stuck, so they've now resorted to citing hearsay based allegations to help them reach their overall goal.

Louise Ellman has, somewhat unsurprisingly, found her voice again saying "If this is correct, I am appalled that a potential Prime Minister would use language of this sort against one of his own MPs.

'To refer to me as the 'MP for Tel Aviv' is to challenge my loyalty to this country.

'A key part the internationally accepted code on anti-Semitism which the Labour Party wants to dilute specifically states it is anti-Semitic to accuse Jews of being more loyal to Israel than to their own country."

However, she still remains silent as to whether or not she attended the same 2010 meeting that she this week claimed to be "shocked" to hear about.

Deselect...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1