You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

The irritating thing about some of the Labour MPs crying it in about bullying is that there is actually a problem with abuse, particularly aimed towards women, but the way they are going about it just looks a lot like the MP that cried wolf.

Most of the evidence suggests it dosnt look like crying wolf, they are.

The women mp who ran out of that meeting claiming anti semitism being a prime example, the number of lady labour mps sending her twitter messages along the lines of 'we stand with you' 'we feel your pain' 'disgusting racist behaviour' etc was fucking laughable. I've seen more bother in a scouts Hall.

The women mp who ran out of that meeting claiming anti semitism being a prime example, the number of lady labour mps sending her twitter messages along the lines of 'we stand with you' 'we feel your pain' 'disgusting racist behaviour' etc was fucking laughable. I've seen more bother in a scouts Hall.

True, but you take a look at the twitter feed of most prominent women and it's rammed to the fucking gills with hate and anger. You can't just laugh that shit off, especially after Jo Cox. 

Making out it's a Corbyn thing is just disgraceful really.

• Upvote 1

True, but you take a look at the twitter feed of most prominent women and it's rammed to the fucking gills with hate and anger. You can't just laugh that shit off, especially after Jo Cox. 

Making out it's a Corbyn thing is just disgraceful really.

Isn't that mostly just a case of this being the Age of Swarm Commentary rather than sexism per se?

It's quite disturbing, to me anyway, quite how successful Israel have been in constructing anti-semitic hyper-reality with the goal of shutting down legitimate debate about its policies.  Even more disturbing is its being co-opted by parts of Labour.  Co-opting and extending.  

Coming soon to a reality near you...  

Grassroots Activist as Militant Trotskyist.  

Democratic Disagreement as Intimidation.

• Upvote 4

It's quite disturbing, to me anyway, quite how successful Israel have been in constructing anti-semitic hyper-reality with the goal of shutting down legitimate debate about its policies. Even more disturbing is its being co-opted by parts of Labour. Co-opting and extending.

Coming soon to a reality near you...

Grassroots Activist as Militant Trotskyist.

Democratic Disagreement as Intimidation.

Coming soon? It's been here for a long time.

A matter of weeks after a female Labour MP was shot dead - actually literally dead - and some folk are castigating them for being a bit sensitive right now?

How many female Labour MPs have to be murdered before it's okay for them to err on the side of caution where threats and abuse are concerned? 5? 10?

This is why certain women shouldn't be in these sorts of roles. Could you imagine Churchill's war cabinet with people like Johanna Baxter and Ruth Smeeth in it? Their arse goes as soon as someone sends them a strongly worded letter, never mind a real crisis.

Coming soon? It's been here for a long time.

I don't know, it just seems like they've moved beyond perverting the truth, dissimulating to constructing wholly artificial frames to me.  The act of blubbering, and storming out of meetings is anti-semitic independent of the existence, or otherwise of anti-semitism. You pull back the curtain... and there's nobody there.

I don't know, it just seems like they've moved beyond perverting the truth, dissimulating to constructing wholly artificial frames to me.  The act of blubbering, and storming out of meetings is anti-semitic independent of the existence, or otherwise of anti-semitism. You pull back the curtain... and there's nobody there.

It has certainly gone up a notch in the face of possible change. 

A matter of weeks after a female Labour MP was shot dead - actually literally dead - and some folk are castigating them for being a bit sensitive right now?

How many female Labour MPs have to be murdered before it's okay for them to err on the side of caution where threats and abuse are concerned? 5? 10?

No sane person would want them not to take any precautions necessary, but trying as hard as possible to use it as basically their only policy against Corbyn  in the press, and over exaggerating police advice is where I think it goes beyond the pale.

With over half a million people signed up for the upcoming election , how can Corbyn or Smith do anything other than what they have done in setting out their principles and making it clear that abuse is totally unacceptable.

Agreed.

Although the cunt who killed her couldn't be further in the political spectrum than Corbyn if the weirdo has ever owned or been to an allotment the link is to obvious not to have Corbyn charged as an accessory.

I don't know, it just seems like they've moved beyond perverting the truth, dissimulating to constructing wholly artificial frames to me. The act of blubbering, and storming out of meetings is anti-semitic independent of the existence, or otherwise of anti-semitism. You pull back the curtain... and there's nobody there.

The anti-Semitism and intimidation narratives have definitely moved up a gear in recent months, but the smearing of Corbyn's support as far left entryism went full pelt even before he was elected leader.

Just reading this strange story about Corbyn threatening to phone the St Helens MP's father, in the Guardian, and noticed something that has never really been pointed out  ( or actually avoided being mentioned ).

This guy never actually spoke to Corbyn about it , he was supposedly told by party whips that Corbyn suggested phoning his dad, so once again basically cobblers.