You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Will anybody with principals that match corbyn ever be given a fair platform to sell them. A "good politician" is mostly shaped by how the media decides to portray them. Look at the greens in the general election their story's weren't even on the political section of papers they where put under environment. Boris Johnson was a clown a have I got news for you buffoon but slowly but surely he's been shaped up to be this statesman, he isn't he's a complete dick. Milliband was red Ed,a communist and portrayed at every single opportunity to look incompetent. Fuck who the media decide is a leader in want a representative.that doesn't mean I think corbyn is doing a good job as I think he is far too passive his colleagues should step up but they are too busy thinking about career choices.

Not much running away. Amusing seeing all the news organisations piling in. And this toward a man who's been defending the LGBT community since the 1970's when they had little in the way of representation. Also notable it's just one guy.

• Upvote 1

Not much running away. Amusing seeing all the news organisations piling in. And this toward a man who's been defending the LGBT community since the 1970's when they had little in the way of representation. Also notable it's just one guy.

How on earth he thinks he's helping achieve anything progressive is beyond me

Still, got five minutes of attention though hasn't he so, well done there.

• Upvote 1

I'm on the same lines of Jairzinho and Monty. I like Corbyn, his views are progressive and he has good ideas. There's no doubt that he's an uncomfortable and reluctant leader but what's the point in having a strong and confident Blairite in charge pushing policies that the members don't support?

If there's a better alternative to Corbyn on the left, someone who can unite the membership and parliamentary party then i'm all ears.

I like him a lot and respect his principles and career fighting for what he believes in

But, he's not a leader in a million years and the referendum campaign has really brought this home to me

Blair, despite the fact that he is and was an egotistical un-principled cunt was a fantastic leader who got people to vote Labour despite an ever increasing range of terrible policies

Good leaders are easy to spot...Sturgeon, Ruth Davidson are good examples. I disagree with their policies and would never vote for them but they obviously have that X factor

Labour needs somebody like them who can persuade people back to Labour...God knows it's desperately needed now

Jeremy just isn't going to do this

• Upvote 2

I like him a lot and respect his principles and career fighting for what he believes in

But, he's not a leader in a million years and the referendum campaign has really brought this home to me

Blair, despite the fact that he is and was an egotistical un-principled cunt was a fantastic leader who got people to vote Labour despite an ever increasing range of terrible policies

Good leaders are easy to spot...Sturgeon, Ruth Davidson are good examples. I disagree with their policies and would never vote for them but they obviously have that X factor

Labour needs somebody like them who can persuade people back to Labour...God knows it's desperately needed now

Jeremy just isn't going to do this

Who do they have from the left that fits the bill though?

I like him, honest man, speaks the truth.

Has the charisma of blancmange. Can't do up his tie and is not good enough to do the job. Unfortunately.

Parachute in Dark Milliband and we might have a chance. Unfortunately

How would David Miliband be representative of Labour members though?

Simple question. Personally I think he's been a disaster so far and I want shut now. I respect people who think he's doing a good job and realise he's hamstrung to a certain extent by a very hostile press and also his own MPs but I don't see him ever getting close to winning an election so he's got to go for me. He might have the backing and resonate with the Labour membership but I don't think that translates to Labor voters. Things are about to get a lot worse than they are now under that cunt Johnson and we desperately need someone to step up and take him on and I don't think Corbyn with McDonnell and Dianne fucking Abbot as his generals can do that.

Cameron couldn't convince Tory voters to vote the way he wanted and ultimately that cost him his job. Corbyn, whether you think he made a decent attempt at convincing Labour voters to stay or not ( and for me it was a half arsed attempt ), couldn't convince enough Labour voters to vote remain either as evidenced by the scores of Labour heartlands that voted to leave. That's not just a failure from him but he's the leader and he carries the can. He did an interview a couple of days before the referendum saying there could be no upper limit on the freedom of movement of people and I just cringed watching it. Whether that is true or not don't fucking say it! I realise that's part of the appeal, that he speaks his mind and won't play games, but on an issue as important as this you need to do whatever you can to win and I don't think he's ruthless and pragmatic enough to compromise

So like I said, simple question; do you think he should stay or go? And if it's go then who replaces him?

Change the name Corbyn to Rafa and that post is straight out of the FF in 2010.  I don't want Woy to lead Labour.

The anti-Corbyn narrative in the media has been relentless.  (You really have to ask why the Tories, Rupert Murdoch, Paul Dacre, etc. fear him so much.)  When anti-democratic Bitterite pricks in the Parliamentary Party start agitating against the leader chosen by the party, it is portrayed as his failure, not their cynical disloyalty.  When Labour win elections, it is reported as a win in spite of Corbyn.  When Labour recoded greater wins in the local elections than the Tories did in their first locals under Cameron or Labour in their first locals under Blair, it is spun as a defeat for Corbyn.  Labour winning four out of four Mayoral elections was largely ignored or - in London, at least - spun as another setback for Corbyn.  We are told that his style of leadership makes him unelectable, so we need to return to the "winning" leadership style of Brown or Milliband.  The Tories have had a lot of setbacks and been pressed into U-turns in the last 9 months; none of that has been attributed to Corbyn's leadership.  The intensity of the personal attacks on him from the right wing of the political Establishment has been relentless.  The fact that he's still here and hasn't compromised his principles is impressive enough in itself. 

Right now, when the Tories are in disarray, any attempt to destabilise and divide the Labour Party must be dismissed as the dangerous treachery it clearly is.

He's not a leader. End of.

I voted for him on a ridiculous whim: the childish idea that it would shake up the establishment to force a non-establishment figure into the mainstream. Little did I imagine he would sit on his hands while the ultimate establishment Bullingdon cunts played out their games to the point where we'd end up leaving the EU and seeing the UK disintegrate as a result with a wasteland of racism, poverty and entrenched conservatism left in its wake.

Corbyn is a political child, but the likes of me are worse for putting his hand on the tiller of the opposition boat in the first place. We elected a pacifist to fight WWIII for us.

So, you elected him and you expect him to shake up the world within 9 months?

And you accuse him of political immaturity?

• Upvote 1

Change the name Corbyn to Rafa and that post is straight out of the FF in 2010. I don't want Woy to lead Labour.

The anti-Corbyn narrative in the media has been relentless. (You really have to ask why the Tories, Rupert Murdoch, Paul Dacre, etc. fear him so much.) When anti-democratic Bitterite pricks in the Parliamentary Party start agitating against the leader chosen by the party, it is portrayed as his failure, not their cynical disloyalty. When Labour win elections, it is reported as a win in spite of Corbyn. When Labour recoded greater wins in the local elections than the Tories did in their first locals under Cameron or Labour in their first locals under Blair, it is spun as a defeat for Corbyn. Labour winning four out of four Mayoral elections was largely ignored or - in London, at least - spun as another setback for Corbyn. We are told that his style of leadership makes him unelectable, so we need to return to the "winning" leadership style of Brown or Milliband. The Tories have had a lot of setbacks and been pressed into U-turns in the last 9 months; none of that has been attributed to Corbyn's leadership. The intensity of the personal attacks on him from the right wing of the political Establishment has been relentless. The fact that he's still here and hasn't compromised his principles is impressive enough in itself.

Right now, when the Tories are in disarray, any attempt to destabilise and divide the Labour Party must be dismissed as the dangerous treachery it clearly is.

The media fear him? Are you having a laugh? Anyway I'm not debating it with you after your smarmy first comment.

Or to put it another way, your posts read like they are copy and pasted straight off the Jermy Corbyn Facebook page.

He's insipid. Seems a really nice bloke, but he's playing in a pool of sharks.

He's an Avram Grant.

I despise the likes of Mourinho - but that's what Boris is. He's a news generation machine, and a media man's dream. People vote for people and not policies. Of course I don't mean everybody does, but a hefty wedge of the populous does, hefty enough to win elections.

If Farage was Labour, they'd be in power.

Forget policies, forget ability, party leaders are now personalities. It absolutely sucks but you need only look at Trump and Farage to see it.

So, you elected him and you expect him to shake up the world within 9 months?

And you accuse him of political immaturity?

You'd expect him to do more than he has though wouldn't you?

If Labour were in power that would be nearly 20% of his term where he's been virtually inactive, sleep walking through the shit storm we're in.