Quantcast
Email this page ( Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? ) - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• While you're biting your fingernails...   Allan : Missed the final two games of the season for Fluminense through injury (which didn't prevent them dragging themselves far enough away from the relegation places that they secured a place in the Copa Sudamericana). Where that leaves Allan is open to question; where would YOU prefer to spend January, Rio or Melwood?
      Loris Karius : Not his best performance of 2019 as Besiktas scraped home 3-2 at Kasimpasa; on the other hand, that takes them into second place in the Turkish League, still three points behind surprise leaders Sivasspor. Time to issue a 'hands on' warning?
      Marko Grujic : Scored and also credited with an assist as Hertha drew 2-2 at Eintracht Frankfurt. That makes it sound better than it was - his goal looks to come off an opponent, and his assist, while a neat one-two, left Lukebakio with plenty to do before scoring; also beaten in the air at the corner that led to the Frankfurt equaliser. A long winter hanging round the trap door seems likely.
      Taiwo Awoniyi : Got the whole of the second half off the bench for Mainz in their 2-1 loss at Augsburg. Did not get a lot of service to his feet; equally, did not win a lot in the air. On the positive side, did not miss an open goal or give away a penalty. A long winter in the drop zone seems likely.
      Nat Phillips : Another start in the absence of the banned Kempf, and played the whole game as Stuttgart dealt comfortably with Nuremberg 3-1. Blameless for the Nuremberg opener (Badstuber was playing the score onside on the other side of the pitch), then didn't have a lot to do as the visitors defended for the rest of the first half. In the second half, it was more of the same initially, then Stuttgart scored three times in fifteen minutes, and proceeded to keep the ball for the rest of the game, so it's hard to judge how good a job he did. Perhaps he'll keep his place; all will be revealed.
      Kamil Grabara : Bad day for the Pole in Huddersfield's goal as they were beaten by title-chasing neighbours Leeds, 2-0. Not his worst performance of the season, but a long winter in the drop zone seems likely.
      Liam Millar : Two starts for the Canadian, 73 minutes in the grim goaless draw at home to St. Johnstone, then 78 minutes in the 3-0 defeat at Livingston. It feels like they're struggling, but they're still fifth.
      Sheyi Ojo : Just 15 minutes off the bench in the 2-2 at Aberdeen, then not called upon in the League Cup Final. A long winter sat next to Flanno seems likely.
      Harry Wilson : A rare full 90 minutes in the 1-0 defeat at Crystal Palace, where he was as creative as anyone in a Bournemouth shirt, without it making a difference to the score. Got to watch our game on Saturday. Might have to play in defence by January. That will probably be our fault, too.
      Rhys Williams : On the wrong end of a 3-1 home beating at the hands of Boston United. A bad first game for new Kidderminster boss Jimmy Shan, leaving Harriers 19th, six points above the relegation places. A long winter hanging round the trap door seems likely.
      Shamal George : Missed Marine's 1-1 draw at Clitheroe, along with several other first-team regulars, with a viral infection. Craig Lindfield got Marine's equaliser. Can he play against Villa, I wonder?
    • Lots of comments re the Napoli game but the pressure is because we pissed round at Anfield when 3-0 up to these. A three goal win and we would practically be through already. 
    • Hope everyone knows its an early kick off. I know its in the thread title I mean generally. 
    • This Haaland cat has intrigued me. If he knocks us out, fuck me, I won't even be mad.  It takes some player, and some balls, to chat shit and then deliver against the best team in the world.  Have to applaud him if he does it.    Obviously, I hope Van Dijk spends the entire game shoving a finger up his arse and giving him sneaky nipple-cripples, and Haaland ends up leaving the pitch with his shirt over his head, crying.    I don't like the idea that Solksjaer might nab him, with the Norway connection.  
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Now

• Popular Contributors