You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Family Strife

Section_31

He tried to divorce her about 8 years ago when he thought we had bought her a house. Ha! She was living rent free in a house we owned and driving a car that I owned. He was fuming when he found out and had already coughed up solicitors fees. Serves him right.

I don't think she could hope for a better son.

• Upvote 1

Beggars belief to me how some people can treat their own flesh and blood.

I look at sections, CTs and Einchs stories and then look at my boy and it makes me almost fill up to think of me or anybody else treating him the way you boys have been treated. My heart goes out to all of you.

My parents were divorced when I was about 6, and my old fella wasn't around too much but he was never a cunt. He had access on Saturdays but he often tried to get out of it. I can forgive it to some extent because he was still a young man and trying to put his life back together. But I always got a present on birthdays and Christmas, which is more than most kids with absent fathers get. Reading this I've been far far luckier than some.

• Upvote 1

The scariest part of this all is how I only realised how messed up I was as a man when I was in my 5th year at secondary school. I would walk around thinking that all women were to be treated the way my dad did my mum. I was blind to anything else. I got pulled up for my attitude to the girls in my Chemistry class and was taught some hard truths. Good man the Chemistry teacher. Taught me more about how to be a man than my dad ever did.

• Upvote 5

Beggars belief to me how some people can treat their own flesh and blood.

I look at sections, CTs and Einchs stories and then look at my boy and it makes me almost fill up to think of me or anybody else treating him the way you boys have been treated. My heart goes out to all of you.

Spunked all my rep in my birthday thread. I took on two great little kids when I got with Mrs Turdseye but it was only really when my own little one was born that it started to truly dawn on me just how fucking awful a person my own mother is/was. Don't get me wrong, I was well aware that she was a horrible cunt, but having my own child makes it all seem incomprehensible.

• Upvote 3

Spunked all my rep in my birthday thread. I took on two great little kids when I got with Mrs Turdseye but it was only really when my own little one was born that it started to truly dawn on me just how fucking awful a person my own mother is/was.

No worries mate. Just do the exact opposite to the way you got treated and you'll do alright.

On the plus side, due to him not being around so much it took me a while to find out my old fella is a M*n U*d supporter. If we'd been closer, I might not even be here on TLW. That's a plus to me by the way, I can't vouch for whether you lot would miss me or not.

• Upvote 3

Some people on here have turned out fairly boss, despite the odds stacked against them.

It has been tough, mate.  I once had to shop at Iceland for a week when my student grant was running out and could only pay by Switch card.  But I got by, one day at a time. 

Spunked all my rep in my birthday thread. I took on two great little kids when I got with Mrs Turdseye but it was only really when my own little one was born that it started to truly dawn on me just how fucking awful a person my own mother is/was. Don't get me wrong, I was well aware that she was a horrible cunt, but having my own child makes it all seem incomprehensible.

What made things turn out differently for you?

• Upvote 1

My sister is a Grade A twat. Absolutely hate her.

My Mrs asked her to be a bridesmaid at our wedding along with my other sister. She seemed massively put out by this and had a massive face on when we asked her to go to a fitting at the wedding shop. She even refused to come out and show everyone what it looked like. We basically only asked her to include both my sisters in everything.

My Mrs invited them on her hen do but both turned their noses up at it because it was in town. My sister is a bit of a snob and thinks she is above anything that involves you getting pissed and letting yourself go.

A few weeks before the wedding she asks if she can wear a Cardigan over her bridesmaid dress. My Mrs said no as she wanted all the bridesmaids to look the same. My sister wasn't having it and bombarded my Mrs with emails asking why she wouldn't change her mind. This carried on until my sister got told to just get on with it.

We got married abroad and when my sister turned up with her fella she had a face on and just snapped at me saying "where's all the cheap bars?". I later found out that my mum and dad had paid for her and her fella to come yet she still had a massive face on.

The day of the wedding she just sulked because she couldnt wear a cardie over her dress and the wedding photos make her look like she's sucking on a load of lemons.

She kicked off on me because I didn't thank my mum and dad in my wedding speech but my Mrs parents had really helped out whereas my parents did absolutely fuck all, my mum didn't even want to go anyway because it meant her spending money.

My sister in law nearly battered her the next day as she ignored her and her kids on a day out at Pompeii. I wouldn't have held her back. We were all on the same flight home but she ignored us and walked off at the airport without saying goodbye.

The week after we had a party for people who couldn't go to our wedding abroad. The agreement was that the bridesmaids would wear their dresses for about two hours then get changed. My sister decided to turn up at the party at 11.00 because she had her friends birthday party to go to. What person fucks their brothers wedding off just to see their mate on their birthday?. This was all because we wouldn't let her wear a Cardigan. She was a shithouse as well because she told my mum and dad when I had a go at her that I had never told her what the plans were. Even though she ignored me for a whole week.

She then started ignoring me at birthdays and other family meetings. When I had my kids she never said anything to me and when my mum handed her a load of photos of them she refused to look at them. I took my kids down to my mums a few times but she would either hide upstairs or wait outside in her car if she knew I was there. My son is disabled yet she's never once contacted me to see if me or him are OK or draw a line under the whole thing.

The shithouse decided to move away after binning off her boyfriend who according to her was "holding her back". I've seen her a few times since but she's always ignored me. I opened a Twitter account 2 years ago and hardly ever use it, yet she's blocked me on Twitter without me even contacting her. She's also done the same on Facebook. She's a horrible snidey shithouse who thinks she is far superior to most people. Even though loads of people rip her about her dress sense saying she dresses like a woman in her 50s. I would be made up if she got run over by a train or bus travelling at 90mph.

• Upvote 2

Still waiting on my money from my ex from the house. I floated the idea of me taking a %of the rent payments she is getting from the house until I'm paid up and now her mum is causing all kinds of problems to drag it out. I'm on me arse and they know full well I'm in the shit and they are just prolonging it constantly. Seeing a solicitor tomorrow to see where I stand. Going to make it hell for them from now on. Absolute cunts, can't understand why people can be such dicks to someone who was in their family for 4 years.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Chin up son. Hope it all gets sorted. She sounds like a snidey bitch. Pity because she had nice tits from what I remember on your Facebook pictures.
  • Upvote 2

Families can be right cunts. My old man was a black hole sized cunt. Sent my mum on a long vacation to see her brothers and sold the house while she was gone. He fucked off and has only ever contacted my older brother until recently. I decked him when I was 19 during my summer holiday at the end of first year at Uni. Walked away and only came back to see my mum once a fortnight away from the house. Begged her to fuck him off and come and stay with me once I had finished Uni and started work and could afford to rent my own place. Being Indian she felt obliged to stick with him. She rocks up at my place having been totally humiliated when she gets "home" from her vacation and finds out it's not home anymore.

And now that he needs help and is old and weak he's begging me and my wife to take him in. Fucking hell. My mum doesn't have a pot to piss in but I've looked after her and even taught her to drive and made sure she's never wanted for anything. She's also had some grandchildren in her life which has been great for her while the old cunt has had his money and solitude and nothing else. And now complains that we have been treating him really badly and should look after him and boot my mum out of our home. What a bastard.

Glad your mum is ok. You sound like the perfect son for her.

So....

Me stepddad - who was always a bit of an arse to me - died a couple of weeks back now. Felt sorry for him and was there to support him and my family in the final days. However, in a final act of typical selfishness he'd left nothing behind to pay for the funeral so I've had to do it - including going into my overdraft - just as me and the Mrs were at the end of remortgaging and paying some debts off. Hopefully I'll be able to claim some back from the dole, but hey ho.

Had about three days off sorting everything, running around to get death certificates, submit new benefit claims, arrange appointments for her with the CAB etc ect, arranged the funeral etc. I had a sleepless night wondering how I'd pay for the fucking thing but thankfully some shit came together and I could cobble the funds together.

Anyway.

He never got on with his family, especially his sisters who are c*nts. Me mum was telling me only recently how he didn't want them to know if he ever died, and how they'd been horrible to my sister etc. And I firmly believed if they found out there'd be mayhem.

So guess what my mum and sister have gone and done? Just guess?

runningman_killan.jpg

That's right beautiful you guessed correct, they've told his sisters!

They've since been trying to arrange with the hospital to view the body behind my mum's back and are fully expected to go to the undertaker's on the bounce next.

My mum assures me they haven't been told where and when the funeral is - which means that within a maximum of, say, 48 hours, my sister will tell them - probably via Facebook. I've just text my mum to tell her to make sure they aren't told because I can't take any more shit after all this aggro.

It feels like I spend my life cleaning up their shit, I mean really basic stuff, she can't even change her GP without me physically going down there and collecting the forms and helping her fill them in. Then she'll moan, repeatedly, about how she doesn't like her doctor. 'Have you changed your doctor yet?' 'No I'll have to'. I thinks she's doing it for attention.

I spend my life cleaning up their shit and they spend their lives deliberately making more of it, no opportunity is wasted to create fucking mayhem. Me Mrs can't stand the pair of them anymore, she suspects they're just on an endless emotional blackmail and manipulation streak, and she's probably right. What can you do though when it's your family? It's a form of bondage isn't it?

The only way it'll ever end is when they die or I do, sounds melodramatic but it's true.

Families are ridiculous. I think it gets worse when everyone gets older. At least you have your Mrs even though your mum and sister must drive you crazy.

What made things turn out differently for you?

I just grew up, Cath, that's all. I went off the rails after she threw me out. I was a little knobhead who used to drink, take drugs, get arrested for petty stuff all the time and all that nonsense. It might seem like I'm shifting blame but when I think back I see it like I was just a kid and a product of my environment. I try not to think too much about that period of time because it's embarrassing and not who I really am. I honestly can't pinpoint the time my attitude changed. It was a gradual thing. I think by the time I was 20/21 I had my head screwed on and I was a functioning adult. I met Mel when I was 23 and moved down here a year later.

• Upvote 1

Still waiting on my money from my ex from the house. I floated the idea of me taking a %of the rent payments she is getting from the house until I'm paid up and now her mum is causing all kinds of problems to drag it out. I'm on me arse and they know full well I'm in the shit and they are just prolonging it constantly. Seeing a solicitor tomorrow to see where I stand. Going to make it hell for them from now on. Absolute cunts, can't understand why people can be such dicks to someone who was in their family for 4 years.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It's probably the Tapatalk signature
  • Upvote 2

I've never met the wife's dad and if I did I'd probably chin the cunt.

Only trouble is she's been let down by him so many times in her life she'd be devastated if I gave him a slap after promisising I wouldn't.

Her brother is just a fucking waster.

Loves to kick off and comment on anyone else's circumstances but still can't accept he's a shite chippy and keeps getting laid off because he's a lazy prick and crap at his job.

Can honestly say as much as me mam and dad hated each other at the end of their marriage they still loved both me and our kid.*

*So we'll have to find a different reason to try and excuse us being uber cunts.

He tried to divorce her about 8 years ago when he thought we had bought her a house. Ha! She was living rent free in a house we owned and driving a car that I owned. He was fuming when he found out and had already coughed up solicitors fees. Serves him right.

If you want to out-source telling your dad to fuck off over this whole care thing, I'm happily available. And I mean that.

It's incredible reading some of the shit people like Sec, Einch and Dr Troy have put up with.

• Upvote 2