You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Family Strife

Section_31

This might sound really harsh  Mark but yours and your Mrs happiness should be your main concern, anyone who impacts on that should no longer be a concern of yours.  Genuinely mate, you've absolutely no reason to feel any guilt from any of this. You've maybe been guilty of being too accomodating if anything.

• Upvote 1

It’s naturally going to be hard telling your mum no, because she’s your mum, but you shouldn’t feel guilty about it as she’s not being honest with you, your uncle, or indeed herself.

Make the offer to sit down and budget for her. I’d fuck your sister off though, as she sounds like a right little cow.

• Upvote 1

People who have hardly ever worked in their life have very little concept of money. One family member who has been a complete bum since she left school once said "it's OK for you as you work".

I came very close to launching her out the house after she said that. She's a fucking lazy twat as well who pleads poverty at every step. We lent her 50 quid last year as she said she couldn't afford bread or milk yet last week she somehow afforded to go to Blackpool and stay in a hotel. She said she had completely forgot about the £50 but has made no effort or talked to us about paying it back. She seems to think that people just get paid to turn up and sit off, not that you actually have to work and put hard graft in. She even had the cheek to say to her Dad that as he got a higher paying job that he could afford to lend her more money!

You are right about holidays and the way people make you feel guilty.  Years ago I went on holiday to America after working 7 days a week for months and never going out. I told my family and they had a face on making me feel guilty about spending a couple of grand on something I'd wanted to do for years. I didn't even show them any of my holiday photos or tell them what I'd done when I came home as all I would have got would have been questions about how much stuff costed etc. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Anyway, to draw a line under this, I'm thinking of just letting her keep all the money she owes me but saying that's it, I can't afford to lend her anymore in the future. Which I can't, not at the rate I've been dishing it out. I'll also offer to sit down with them both and try and organise their finances, which I suspect will be firmly declined.

Is that fair?

Completely. I don’t have much to add that hasn’t been said already. You need to be really clear about what you will and won’t do in the future. 

I have an alcoholic brother, loaned (gave - he never paid any of it back) him money for years.

All I was doing was subsidising his addiction as any money went on alcohol, rather than the bills, food, clothes etc. he claimed it was for. In the end, I’d take him to the supermarket and let him fill a trolley. He did this, of course, but had zero interest in this kind of help.

I struggle now to have anything to do with him, it’s going to sound weak but my mental health just isn’t strong enough. He regularly ends up in hospital for one reason or another. Mainly due to the epilepsy he suffers from. He was there last week, broke his jaw. I didn’t even go see him. When they released him, he needed some shoes. I could have taken him some, I didn’t. 

The guilt is easier to live with. 

At some point, I need to reconnect and try and help him again. This is will be a selfish act as I know that if/when he dies and I haven’t done the things I should have as his older brother, then I will be in serious trouble mentally.

Helping your mum without damaging yourself (short and long term) sounds a difficult balance to find. I think your intended action as about as close to it as you can find.

Hope it works out. 

• Upvote 3

Feel for you having to make that decision, but I agree with most that you have to.

I’ll almost certainly never share the full details in here, but I’ve seen in the last year with my ex mother in law just how fucking awful a family can be, and so we’ve reached the point where we’re probably going to be sending a solicitors letter for confirm she can’t attempt to contact my daughter unless it’s through formal channels, and won’t get to see her unless she first pays for a mediated meeting with me, and even then not without supervision.

I was astounded at how she was behaving and couldn’t believe a person could be the cunt that she has been, but my missus - how knows of her actions but has never met her - seemingly knows her to a tee and has met her hundreds of times before through being in the police.

her shithouse games and tactics were unbelievable to me, and yet to her we’re just run of the mill, by the book behaviours.

breaks my heart that I had to take my girl out for a walk and a talk the day after her birthday to explain what something written

im her birthday card meant, and that her grandma isn’t being very nice (euphemism) to her (dying) mum and that if she can’t be a good mum, then she can’t be a good grandma because being nice to your mum is the most important thing.

cunt.

sorry to hijack. Sort of spilled out.

• Upvote 13

I think once people go through the door of borrowing off family rather than working they never come back. My ex refused to get a job for 10 years and took £0000s in maintenance. Used to send the girls on access weekends with shopping lists of items I had to buy even though I was paying her rent plus maintenance. At one point both her and her partner were both unemployed by choice saying they were “too tired to work” and I was funding 2 households. 

• Upvote 2

Perfect example of never working is bint, who the more awake of you will be familiar with by now. Her 50th birthday looms and wanker has taken her away for the weekend. 50 years of sitting on her lazy fat arse and doing nothing is quite an acheivement, she should join the Royal Family.

Where have they gone? Monte Fucking Carlo. Probably cost a few bob but where that cunt is getting the money from fuck knows. A Companies House check shows the printing outfit he's got is pretty insolvent. Not sure if he's had any more creditors turn up in the middle of the night threatening to twat 10 pounds of shit out of him lately. No doubt his trusty public relations officer will let the world know as she's too fucking thick to know when to keep quiet.

She talks down to me like I'd just fallen off the bottom of her shoe. I've not ripped into the useless gobshite yet (how, fuck knows) as I've kept the peace. Next flashpoint will be the usual annual Christmas shitfest. Be interesting to compare our CVs. She couldn't even spell CV, let alone cirriculam vitae.

Wanker is lucky he's still fucking breathing after his introduction to me was singing 'sign on, sign on'.

Monte Fucking Carlo, the're not even Middlesborough class. The'll make utter twats of themselves and come back saying the've had a great time.

I always think of that Harry Enfield couple. 'You do of course realise we are considerably richer that you are'.Not sure the same words but they are perfectly capable of pissing people off as soon as they open ther mouths.

Mustn't upset her though.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Perfect example of never working is bint, who the more awake of you will be familiar with by now. Her 50th birthday looms and wanker has taken her away for the weekend. 50 years of sitting on her lazy fat arse and doing nothing is quite an acheivement, she should join the Royal Family.

Where have they gone? Monte Fucking Carlo. Probably cost a few bob but where that cunt is getting the money from fuck knows. A Companies House check shows the printing outfit he's got is pretty insolvent. Not sure if he's had any more creditors turn up in the middle of the night threatening to twat 10 pounds of shit out of him lately. No doubt his trusty public relations officer will let the world know as she's too fucking thick to know when to keep quiet.

She talks down to me like I'd just fallen off the bottom of her shoe. I've not ripped into the useless gobshite yet (how, fuck knows) as I've kept the peace. Next flashpoint will be the usual annual Christmas shitfest. Be interesting to compare our CVs. She couldn't even spell CV, let alone cirriculam vitae.

Wanker is lucky he's still fucking breathing after his introduction to me was singing 'sign on, sign on'.

Monte Fucking Carlo, the're not even Middlesborough class. The'll make utter twats of themselves and come back saying the've had a great time.

I always think of that Harry Enfield couple. 'You do of course realise we are considerably richer that you are'.Not sure the same words but they are perfectly capable of pissing people off as soon as they open ther mouths.

Mustn't upset her though.

The Mrs has friends who are similar to wanker and bint, they proper boil her piss.

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

She should call them boil and piss. 

Don't know why she arses with them, childhood friends I suppose.

She fucked them off for a while. At her mam's funeral they turned just so the husband could ask Mrs. Stouffer to "make up" with his Mrs.

Absolute cunts.

• Upvote 1

Forgot to add. Wanker has three brothers, none of whom are talking to him. Might have something to do with bint being taken on no doubt unofficially (ie cash in hand) as an employee and has no doubt fucked everything up and seriousy pissed the others off.

Only one of the others is showing as a director but the whole shebang seems like a serious fuck up..

Some of you on here might remember my wonderful sister who now has told my Brother that I'm ruining his life .

As it was my birthday last week my lad organised a full day out in Liverpool yesterday,  As my brother is an Evertonian we found a bar on Mathew street to watch the match then did some shopping in Liverpool 1 for our forthcoming holiday after which we booked a meal in Miller and Carter then booked to watch the new Bond film were all big fans .

I find it incredible that she actually believes the horse shit she is coming out with as apparently he only does all the things because we ' force ' him too .

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Some of you on here might remember my wonderful sister who now has told my Brother that I'm ruining his life .

As it was my birthday last week my lad organised a full day out in Liverpool yesterday,  As my brother is an Evertonian we found a bar on Mathew street to watch the match then did some shopping in Liverpool 1 for our forthcoming holiday after which we booked a meal in Miller and Carter then booked to watch the new Bond film were all big fans .

I find it incredible that she actually believes the horse shit she is coming out with as apparently he only does all the things because we ' force ' him too .

Yeah stop ruining his life by drinking and having a good time with him you selfish bastard!!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I think once people go through the door of borrowing off family rather than working they never come back. My ex refused to get a job for 10 years and took £0000s in maintenance. Used to send the girls on access weekends with shopping lists of items I had to buy even though I was paying her rent plus maintenance. At one point both her and her partner were both unemployed by choice saying they were “too tired to work” and I was funding 2 households. 

My mate's Mum died about seven years ago but she lent his cousin (her nephew) over the course of ten years approximately 7 grand. 

He basically pissed it all away on failed business ideas and holidays. He led a privileged lifestyle in that he lived at home until he was about 42 in a house in an expensive area of Crosby paying his Mum no keep at all. His Mum got tired of him being a complete bum so told him to move out, so he started bumming money from my mates Mum.

She had kept a record of what she lent him and after the funeral my mate told him what he owed and that he needed to make some effort to pay it back. He nearly smashed my mates house up in a fit of rage threatening him and screeching at him for having the cheek to ask for it back. He basically thought that once my mates Mum died the debt died with her. To my knowledge he's never paid any of it back and goes to ridiculous lengths to avoid my mate.

It gets fucking worse.

Wanker and bint bumped into Phillip Green while wondering around the marina in Monte Carlo. (yes, I know he's a cunt)

Bint: (obviously looking for a freebie), wer're admiring your yacht.

Green: you can't afford it.

This is causing serious problems now. Her Indoors will not let me say anything against bint because it will upset her mum and sister. Despite the fact she's a lazy scrounging fucking parasite. According to HI she's on the books at wankers company. Yeah, right.

This will only come to rest when I wind up twatting him.

Anyway, I'll be in Liverpool for Christmas which will avoid the usual problems.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a text from my sister today informing me that the dog we've had for 15 years is scheduled to be put to sleep tomorrow at half 12. 

I don't speak to my family at all and especially not to my mother, where the dog has been living with for the last 3 years. The point of telling me more than anything was to ask if I wanted to be there tomorrow, but there's no way I'm going purely because of my mother being there. She's an unstable alcoholic with numerous mental health problems and disorders she won't get diagnosed with and she would only use this as an opportunity to try and hurt me. For example when the previous dog died of a stroke, she'd insist it was somehow my fault whenever she was bladdered just because I was home alone with him when it happened. 

I had a close bond with the dog. Whenever there was a domestic (every day) or I was bunking off school (Most days) I used to just take her out for the day and roam wherever. That dog probably explored more of Merseyside in 2 years than most people do in a lifetime of living there.  

Doesn't feel great knowing I won't be there, but I know full well that going would only be more traumatic because of my mothers attitude and behaviour. 

Deffo avoiding that episode of Futurama with Fry's dog for a while though

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, Ken Robber said:

Had a text from my sister today informing me that the dog we've had for 15 years is scheduled to be put to sleep tomorrow at half 12. 

I don't speak to my family at all and especially not to my mother, where the dog has been living with for the last 3 years. The point of telling me more than anything was to ask if I wanted to be there tomorrow, but there's no way I'm going purely because of my mother being there. She's an unstable alcoholic with numerous mental health problems and disorders she won't get diagnosed with and she would only use this as an opportunity to try and hurt me. For example when the previous dog died of a stroke, she'd insist it was somehow my fault whenever she was bladdered just because I was home alone with him when it happened. 

I had a close bond with the dog. Whenever there was a domestic (every day) or I was bunking off school (Most days) I used to just take her out for the day and roam wherever. That dog probably explored more of Merseyside in 2 years than most people do in a lifetime of living there.  

Doesn't feel great knowing I won't be there, but I know full well that going would only be more traumatic because of my mothers attitude and behaviour. 

Deffo avoiding that episode of Futurama with Fry's dog for a while though

Fucks sake, that ruins me. Sorry to hear about the hound mate, I love dogs, we've got a little 2 year old pug and she's fucking awesome, still miss my old mongrel though and he's been gone 16 years. I prefer most dogs to most humans.

• 4 weeks later...

Regular readers will know a couple of my relatives have found heroin a little too moreish.  One in particular has been on it years.  

About 6 yrs ago he was caught drunk and drug driving and was banned for a few years.     He then did it again once he got his licence back and was sent down.  

Now, remember recently a government lab was found to have been falsifying evidence? It seems that whilst my cousin was pissed and under the influence of heroin they added another drug to the list (he actually said at the time I don’t even remember that one).  So, that offence is being struck off and he’s going to get a load of compensation as he was only jailed because it was a second offence.  

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Regular readers will know a couple of my relatives have found heroin a little too moreish.  One in particular has been on it years.  

About 6 yrs ago he was caught drunk and drug driving and was banned for a few years.     He then did it again once he got his licence back and was sent down.  

Now, remember recently a government lab was found to have been falsifying evidence? It seems that whilst my cousin was pissed and under the influence of heroin they added another drug to the list (he actually said at the time I don’t even remember that one).  So, that offence is being struck off and he’s going to get a load of compensation as he was only jailed because it was a second offence.  

I can guess where that compensation is going.

11 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I do remember mate - I could never forget his briefs comments! 

Why the fuck add on extras for a second time drunk/drug driver though? That makes no fucking sense at all. 

That’s not to say he wasn’t fitted up over part of the test, just that those there doing this were fucking idiots. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I do remember mate - I could never forget his briefs comments! 

Why the fuck add on extras for a second time drunk/drug driver though? That makes no fucking sense at all. 

That’s not to say he wasn’t fitted up over part of the test, just that those there doing this were fucking idiots. 

Crazy isn’t it? He was bang to rights already.  

Cut them out of your lives and have nothing to do with them. I swear I’ve never been happier after doing this a few years back.

I speak to a few cousins now and then for a catch up but I never discuss family. 

A cunts always a cunt. Make your own happiness 

• Upvote 3