You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Family Strife

Section_31

19 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Brother in law who always moans that he is skint and has no spare time constantly comes up with stupid ideas that make him skint and have no spare time and never listens to anyone because he thinks everyone bar him is thick.

He's just moved into a rented property, in this case a council house that has been completely gutted and refitted. He is spending his time making it habitable which we thought was a bit of painting and buying new furniture.

Anyway, he just suddenly decides the other day that he wants to rewire the living room to put two extra plugs in. Apparently he is a qualified electrician but hasn't done any of it for about 20 years. He then decides to rip out half a wall to put in the wires then replaster it. 

Obviously he hasn't informed the council of this to ask permission to mess around with the electricity supply or to alter a wall. Telling him that the they will go off their head and charge him a fortune to put it back the way it was or that he will be evicted is everyone else "overreacting". 

Snitches get switches.

• Upvote 1

Hope it never happens to anyone here but, wait until one of your kids gets married then their spouse subtly beginnings to put obstacles in their way to come and visit you.

My lad used to use my seassie to go the game but she's always waiting to go 'somewhere' that day if I suggest he goes to a match.

My lad's spouse has to be at her mums for every major occasion, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Mother's Day. She has a step dad who she doesnt really bother with but she has to be round their so he cannot even visit me on Father's Day. Even the fucking wedding, loads of pics of bride and groom with her family, fucking 4 with us. Birthdays? Forget it.

Fucking heartbreaking, I'll tell you. I keep saying Im going to have it out with them but the missus is shit scared we'll never get to see him again if I do. I say what's the fucking difference to how it is now? Im just dreading them having any kids because we'll never see them either.

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Hope it never happens to anyone here but, wait until one of your kids gets married then their spouse subtly beginnings to put obstacles in their way to come and visit you.

My lad used to use my seassie to go the game but she's always waiting to go 'somewhere' that day if I suggest he goes to a match.

My lad's spouse has to be at her mums for every major occasion, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Mother's Day. She has a step dad who she doesnt really bother with but she has to be round their so he cannot even visit me on Father's Day. Even the fucking wedding, loads of pics of bride and groom with her family, fucking 4 with us. Birthdays? Forget it.

Fucking heartbreaking, I'll tell you. I keep saying Im going to have it out with them but the missus is shit scared we'll never get to see him again if I do. I say what's the fucking difference to how it is now? Im just dreading them having any kids because we'll never see them either.

You should have a quiet word with your son on his own about it mate. Tell him your concerns without laying it on too thick. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah my mate's Mrs did that with him. He sees his folks but they kind of come a distant second to hers.

The impression I always got was that she thoght his mates and family were beneath her (we weren't,  she's a dickhead and really bad attenton seeker, had a habit of starting trouble at weddings).

When they got married they went to live in her town around her folks, i haven't seen him for years. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

She is a selfish cunt. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

As KMD said, take your son out for a pint and have a quiet word with him, “you know what your Ma’s like, she misses you terribly”. 

Failing that just wait for the divorce and tell him what a twat he was for marrying her in the first place. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

The worst thing any man can do is marry a woman who lives in her family's pockets or runs everything past her Mum. You aren't marrying just her but her whole family. 

Hope it gets sorted out for you DS as it doesnt sound like a nice situation for you.

This. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Took me ma to Pensarn in Wales on Friday as she'd not been out anywhere besides the local shops since March, during the drive she suddenly announced she'd read a story once about a kid being beheaded and dumped on the beech there. 

Liviasoprano.jpg

I tried to warn you.  

On 04/09/2016 at 18:28, Rico1304 said:

Yes, they should have cut him loose years ago. He bullies them now, he's a big bloke and they are terrified of him. Mention it though and they close ranks.

They are moving to Spain to get away from him. He thinks they are taking him with them. He’s got to be 45 now. 

My uncle (ex smack head but about 25 yrs clean) came round to our house completely out of the blue last week.  I didn’t know he knew where we lived. Anyway, he was very weird, wanted an update on how everyone was doing. Seemed to be trying to arrange a family reunion. Fuck that. 

51 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Took me ma to Pensarn in Wales on Friday as she'd not been out anywhere besides the local shops since March, during the drive she suddenly announced she'd read a story once about a kid being beheaded and dumped on the beech there. 

Liviasoprano.jpg

Yeah sure, she "read about it". 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Liviasoprano.jpg

You haven't got any overbearing uncles as well have you?

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

A few years ago my Mrs suggested to my Dad that we all went for Tapas. My Dad said he didn't like Tapas because that's what the Mccans were having when Maddie went missing! 

• Upvote 2

Here comes fucking Christmas. Her Indoors has said she's having her lot here which will involve vile niece (bint) and twat of a boyfriend (cockney wanker) in attendance. Those of you who have paid attention to my previous posts on various Christmas threads will know the dread I face.

(This is September the 2nd and I've already seen some ads.)

Two hopeful outcomes here.

1/ A certain sporting event takes place in which people are able to attend and I can sort a ticket and fuck off to Liverpool.

2/ Another lockdown.

Otherwise I am almost certainly going to be on a murder charge.

• Upvote 4

On 09/08/2020 at 18:32, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m due to go back up north for a few days next weekend. Just had a phone call telling me my great uncle died last night and suggesting I rearrange my trip around the funeral. I said it’s fine, I can drive back, no problem. After I put the phone down I realised I’ve booked a couple of nights in London from the 19th until the 21st. Pretty much the closest thing to a holiday my kids will be getting this year because of all the Covid shite. I’ve already paid for the hotel and tickets for various things while we’re down there. 

What are the odds of the funeral being on one of those days, thereby making me look like a cunt for not attending? 

My dad was Blackburn born and bred. Whenever my sister and I were taken to visit relatives there, the topics of who's died since the last visit and what did they leave and to who were always first up.

My favorite quotes were "There's no pockets in  shroud" for the tightwads in the family and, for funerals, "If you don't go to see them when they're alive, there's not much point in going to see them when they're dead"

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

Here comes fucking Christmas. Her Indoors has said she's having her lot here which will involve vile niece (bint) and twat of a boyfriend (cockney wanker) in attendance. Those of you who have paid attention to my previous posts on various Christmas threads will know the dread I face.

(This is September the 2nd and I've already seen some ads.)

Two hopeful outcomes here.

1/ A certain sporting event takes place in which people are able to attend and I can sort a ticket and fuck off to Liverpool.

2/ Another lockdown.

Otherwise I am almost certainly going to be on a murder charge.

You shouldn't go murdering people, not in your condition.