You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: Euro 2016 Round Up (Days 7-8)

tlw content

euroroundup4.jpg

Day seven was a big one for the home nations with all three teams in action. England and Wales kicked things off in the afternoon game, and although it was low on quality it was definitely high in drama.

Danny Ward said in the build up to the game that 'Wee Joe' would be looking for revenge against Milner and Lallana after six months of them ripping him about his hair. Now hold on a sec, let me get this straight. Adam “Shavey wavy” Lallana and James “same haircut since he was 12” Milner are giving Joe Allen stick about his wondrous hair and beard combo? This actually happened? I’m struggling to process this as my irony meter just fucking exploded. 

It made me wonder what other 'bantz' those two have been throwing around though. Do they give Emre Can stick over his looks? Maybe they poke fun at Sakho's giant manhood or take the piss out of Sturridge for his dance moves? Self awareness is obviously not a strength of theirs. 

There was a lot of talking in the build up though. Bale and Ramsey were a little bit too cocky (Bale saying no England player would get in the Wales side, which was technically true as none of them are Welsh), while Wilshere was predictably dim with his “we don’t like each other” comments. Thankfully the fans were too preoccupied with jointly fending off attacks by the Russians to fall out with each other. “Fuck off Russia, we’re England and Wales” they sang as they roamed the streets looking for stray Russians to throw plastic cups and patio furniture at. Take the Russians out of it and they’d probably have been killing each other, but this marriage of convenience prevented that so at least those mad Rooskies are good for something.

Given all the big talk from some of the Wales players though, it was disappointing to see them approach the game like some plucky lower league underdog in an FA Cup tie away at one of the big boys. I wanted Wales to win and when Sturridge scored that stoppage time goal my initial reaction was to mutter “oh fuck off”, but really Wales got exactly what they deserved for how they approached the game. You’d have thought they were playing Germany or Argentina, not a fucking Roy Hodgson side. They should still go through as Russia are fucking useless, but Coleman really needs to grow a pair as this was bad shithouse football. Hodgeball even.

Sturridge has got Hodgson off the hook for now, and there may even be some arsecandles out there hailing him for his substitutions, but the soft cunt started with Sterling again despite his abject performance against Russia. It’ll be interesting to see what he does against Slovakia. He'll probably just see what the bulk of the papers are telling him to do and then roll with that, like he usually does.

Wee Joe nutmegging Rooney in the centre circle is the best moment of the tournament and won’t be beaten. What a man. He’d have looked even better if the defenders had actually passed him the ball instead of repeatedly shitting themselves and launching it up the field to nobody. Imagine how good he’d look if he was playing for Spain and not Wales? I bet everyone in Italy is watching him and getting all nostalgic about when they had “the Italian Allen” pulling the strings in their midfield.

I felt sorry for the Welsh fans - especially my boy Jules who was over there again - but I couldn’t begrudge England that win because they were the only side trying to win the game. Sturridge is a decent bet for the Golden Boot now as he’s bound to fill his boots next week against Skrtel.

This is only a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's really simple to differentiate between International and Club Football, I find I can enjoy watching the tournament more and cheer for who the fuck I like without having to toe the usual bandwagon crap.