You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He-Man: A Tribute

Section_31

Action force was sensational, the themetune still gets me emotional.

Section_31 knows.

My mate had an earlier, better version of Storm Shadow than me. I asked him numerous times if he would swap with me, but he always declined. One day, I decided to steal said Storm Shadow figure from my mate's house. Just before my ma was due to collect me, I feigned rotten guts ache. I bombed upstairs, not to the toilet, but to his bedroom where I liberated Storm Shadow from his toy box resting place and hid him in my underpants. My mate knew I'd had his favourite action figure away, but could never prove it. The cunt.

I had a He-Man birthday cake for my 5th birthday. My sister put her fingers all in it and ruined it before my party.

I should have known from that moment what a spiteful cunt she was going to be & cut ties from there.

• Upvote 1

My mum gave all my He-Man and Thundercats toys away, a decision she's never be allowed to forget. Spray painted her car reminding her of it just last week. Gave them away to a friend's daughter too.

This is something I live with too. Selling a shit load of Star Wars stuff for £8 when I was about 16. I didn't even fucking want to but she bloody forced me too. I knew it was wrong then and I know it's wrong now. At least my son won't have to live with any shit like that. I'll have his figures safely stowed away when he's at an age where he loses interest just waiting for the inevitable nostalgia that'll hit him when he's a bit older.

Saying all that, I did manage to hang on to my wwf Hasbro figures and a few Action Force. Not entirely sure what happened to the He Man ones.

• Upvote 1

This is something I live with too. Selling a shit load of Star Wars stuff for £8 when I was about 16. I didn't even fucking want to but she bloody forced me too. I knew it was wrong then and I know it's wrong now. At least my son won't have to live with any shit like that. I'll have his figures safely stowed away when he's at an age where he loses interest just waiting for the inevitable nostalgia that'll hit him when he's a bit older.

Saying all that, I did manage to hang on to my wwf Hasbro figures and a few Action Force. Not entirely sure what happened to the He Man ones.

Hang on, you don't force your son to play exclusively with old toys from the 1980's?

Kids who preferred Gobots to Transformers also wore strap-over velcro trainees.

Did anyone actually prefer Go Bots.  I've shit loads of Transformers some Go Bots even some Rock Lords in the loft.

I had loads of MUSCLE figures, the designs were great. I preferred Battle Beasts though, as their arms moved and they had heat up holograms on the front.

Battle Armour He-Man figures were the best. The ones where you reset the chest armour and when it got hit it'd spin round to show a big sword mark. I had a regular Prince Adam too, but he was just a fella in a velvet jacket really.

Ah Battle Beasts.  Loved though.  I've a load of them in the loft somewhere as well.

Starcom, now there was some proper spaceships.

Terrahawks and Star-Fleet. Nothing else in comparison with regards to puppets. Or Brian May singing/writing/producing the theme toon.

Ulysses 31 is an all time favourite of mine too.

Star-Fleet was/is unreal.  I've been trying to get my 8yr old Nephew to actually sit down and watch it for years.  He normally does a runner when Commander Makara first shows on screen.

That'll be the one.

That and the motorized dino-riders T-Rex were my favourite toys as a kid.

Always wanted the T-Rex.  I had/have the Diplodocus and loads of the smaller Dinosaurs.

Did anyone actually prefer Go Bots. I've shit loads of Transformers some Go Bots even some Rock Lords in the loft.

Ah Battle Beasts. Loved though. I've a load of them in the loft somewhere as well.

Star-Fleet was/is unreal. I've been trying to get my 8yr old Nephew to actually sit down and watch it for years. He normally does a runner when Commander Makara first shows on screen.

Always wanted the T-Rex. I had/have the Diplodocus and loads of the smaller Dinosaurs.

I've still got a couple of Rock Lords. Utter turd.

I too had the slime pit. WHo did that come with, Hordak?

I had loads - He Man and Battle Armour He Man, Skeletor and Battle Skeletor, Castle Greyskull, Battle Cat (was a bit shit, didn't move), Stratos, Trap Jaw, Triclops, Man At Arms, Many Faces, Moss Man, some Wasp man thing (Buzz Man??), Leech, the Spiky one, the Spider one who had like a string web, Ram Man, Orko, the Batte Bones people carrier (like a vauxhall zafira made of dinosaur), some fella with a big iron fist, some fella with a big red claw, something called Modulok who could reassemble in different forms.

I also had a read-along audio book. And I loved the film even though it wans't strictly like the cartoon. Good fun though. 

• Upvote 2