You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 Round Up (Days 3-4)

tlw content

euroroundup2.jpg

Day three kicked off with Croatia dominating Turkey but needing a solitary Luka Modric goal to claim the points. Credit to him for the strike but what’s with all these shit keepers in this tournament? That effort from the Turkish keeper was truly pitiful, although don’t say that to Slaven Bilic or he’ll rip your head off, as poor old Glen Hoddle almost found out to his cost.

I thought John Hartson was bad the other day saying the Slovakian keeper had no chance on the Bale free-kick, but Bilic was worse as he knew the Turkish keeper fucked up but just didn’t want anyone to acknowledge it in case it took any of the shine off his mate Modric’s strike. "A great strike but the keeper has got to do better" "NO! It was great strike, you should focus on that". Ok Slav, keep your hair on. Oh, too late for that I see.

So many of the goals that have been scored so far in this tournament have been down to horrendous play from the keepers, but you can also point the finger at one of the Turkish midfield lads and his half arsed attempt to close down Modric before the shot (just don’t do it if Bilic is within earshot). He was jogging out, running his hand through his hair Adam Lallana style, which is even worse than turning your back on the ball and if I was the Turkey coach I’d have subbed the cunt and sent him home immediately.

I really like that Perisic lad for Croatia. Good player him, don’t like the map of Croatia shaved into his head though. That seems a little OTT but at least it’s not as permanent as a tattoo I suppose.

Turkey were really disappointing and their kit is shite. In fact most of the kits in international football are shite, mainly because of this new trend of having the same colour shirts, shorts and socks. I don’t like it. Bring back the traditional kits with different coloured shorts, as this is bollocks. 

The best kit in the tournament is the Polish one. I love a white shirt / red short combo me. Beautiful kit that, the badge looks ace on it too. I’m too old and too fat to wear footy shirts, especially these skinny fit ones, but if I wasn’t I’d defo buy that.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

• Upvote 1

Agree on a number of points:

- 'My Lovely Horse' should be the Ireland anthem

- the Italian anthem is a belter

- pointless kit combos. It's now not so much about being all one colour as it is about having socks that contrast

Not in agreement about Poland having the best kits. The colour combo of white and red is nice but it's the generic template that Nike have given all the national teams they supply. I've not seen all the kits but the Italians have the nicest kits (both home and away) from what I've seen, and a fit bird wearing the Swiss away shirt will look like a slutty nurse.

Speaking as an Irish man (and an Irish fan) I'm sorry to say we don't sing My Lovely Horse at the game. I will reccommend it for next time though

What we were singing yesterday to the Swedes was "You're shit, but you're birds are fit" which is undeniably true. They didn't sing it about us though. Maybe because we're not shit? Or....

• Upvote 4

Speaking as an Irish man (and an Irish fan) I'm sorry to say we don't sing My Lovely Horse at the game. I will reccommend it for next time though

What we were singing yesterday to the Swedes was "You're shit, but you're birds are fit" which is undeniably true. They didn't sing it about us though. Maybe because we're not shit? Or....

You mustn't go to very many games then because Lovely Horse is regularly belted out from Blocks 111 &  112 and even more at aways....

as for the "birds fit " , yet another song nicked from England fans,not the worst song to nick ,beats the clueless bandwagon gobshites in the fanzone singing the Bomber chant

Fantastic song that. True as well