You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 Round Up (Days 1-2)

tlw content

euroroundup1.jpg

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t really up for this tournament at all. There’s too many teams in it this year and as a result half the games just don’t interest me. I mean who wants to see jabronis like Switzerland, Albania, Romania, Hungary, Austria, England etc? It’s mad that almost all of Europe is in it but Holland are watching at home. Must be really hard for those players, and even harder for their families who will no doubt be bearing the brunt of it as the Dutch squad no longer have each other to fall out with.

This doesn’t capture the imagination quite like a World Cup, but I’m just glad of the distraction really. This summer has been shit, the hangover from Basel has been tough to shake and the highlight of the last month for me was discovering that McVittie’s had brought back Trio’s. I’m not even kidding, it was just plain sad how excited I got when I saw them on the shelf. This is life when you reach your forties I suppose, you take whatever pleasures you can get, no matter how trivial. If Cadburys ever bring back the original coconut boost though I honestly don’t know what I’ll do with myself. 

Anyway, the tournament kicked off with the hosts leaving it very late to win their opener. Romania made a good fight of it, ably assisted by the hilariously woeful little cunt Patrice Evra, but ultimately they were undone by their own keeper and a wonder goal from Dmitri Payet in the last couple of minutes. Thankfully the game was shown on ITV rather than the BBC, as the ad break allowed them time to clean up all the jazz that Bilic had splurted all over the desk. What’s up with him by the way, he looked like a badger in dire need of a hair transplant.

ITV didn’t get off to a good start at all though, and Clive Tyldesley got right on my tits in that first game. Kante was good but are we really going to have to endure commentators fawning over every tackle or interception he makes? If you love him so much, Clive, why don’t you fucking marry him, eh? Eh? Clearly he’s looking for a new love as Andy Townsend wasn’t there alongside him. He’s working the tournament but they’ve split him and Clive up for some reason. 

And did I really hear Tyldesley referring to Giroud as a “warrior”??? Yeah, because “warriors” often look like they’ve just stepped out of the salon with their perfectly groomed and coiffed hair, don’t they, Clive? He’ll be calling Adam Lallana a “gladiator” next.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the article

Please note that Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month. 

“He runs around like Gary Coleman with a bag of love eggs up his arse”. Fuck me, I pissed myself reading that. Proper out loud belly laughs. Was that off your brother-in-law?

No, it was on a Sunderland forum. Our Al sent it to me. Another one was "Someone should pull those daft little arms of his out of their sockets and beat him round the head with them"

'Yet I’m not going to rush to condemn them all either, as there’s just too many reports and witness accounts of police and local scumbags instigating trouble. And as bad as some of those xenophobic bellends who follow England are, they’re fucking amateurs compared to the Russians. Those lads are just dangerous. Professional, organised, thugs.'

Yep. The  English fans (by which I mean the rowdy element) are choirboys compared to the Russians.  Scary shit