Quantcast
Copa America - Page 10 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
TheHowieLama

Copa America

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Pistonbroke  @joe_fishfish Ya gotta to a Murican site for this stuff

https://www.soccer.com/search?query=peru

I was on that site Howie, but they don't have the new away Jersey, Black with the red stripe. I'm guessing if I keep an eye open they'll be more availability after the tournament. 

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

No idea why they have the Copa so often , makes it less special.

Didnt realise that Chile had won the last two.

They'll have one next year (joint-hosted by Argentina and Colombia even though they aren't even neighbouring countries), and then the one after that will be in 2024. They want to bring it into line with the European Championships and Olympics which is a smart idea. For one thing, it will mean that the World Cup qualifying competition will go back to smaller groups instead of the 18-game round robin slog that they currently have.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

No idea why they have the Copa so often , makes it less special.

Didnt realise that Chile had won the last two.

Yeah, Chile would have been better off just winning the first one and for the Copa to stick to every 4 years. Having so many of them just devalues it. Next year is to get it in line with the Euros so hopefully they´ll stop dicking about with after that. That said, half of next years will be here in Colombia, with the final here in Barranquilla so I won´t moan too much.

Still feel the South American qualifiers are a much better watch than the Copa. Home advantage makes for a very even playing field in South America, and in terms of entertainment per game, the qualifiers are for me the best international football has to offer.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

They'll have one next year (joint-hosted by Argentina and Colombia even though they aren't even neighbouring countries), and then the one after that will be in 2024. They want to bring it into line with the European Championships and Olympics which is a smart idea. For one thing, it will mean that the World Cup qualifying competition will go back to smaller groups instead of the 18-game round robin slog that they currently have.

Hadn´t realised that about the smaller groups. I´m guessing the top two from each group will qualify? The slog was fun man! Lots of needle and good football on offer

18 minutes ago, Red '84 said:

Yeah, Chile would have been better off just winning the first one and for the Copa to stick to every 4 years. Having so many of them just devalues it. Next year is to get it in line with the Euros so hopefully they´ll stop dicking about with after that. That said, half of next years will be here in Colombia, with the final here in Barranquilla so I won´t moan too much.

Still feel the South American qualifiers are a much better watch than the Copa. Home advantage makes for a very even playing field in South America, and in terms of entertainment per game, the qualifiers are for me the best international football has to offer.

There are some great levellers over there though,regarding things like playing way above/below sea level.

The Copa America is shit. They should make it a combined North, South and Central American Cup so the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica etc. are permanent entrants. Inviting teams from like Qatar and Japan just to make up the numbers is ludicrous.

Bobby has been boss here, worked his balls off. Made a great tackle to win the ball back for Brazil’s second goal. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Hope Brazil win for Bobby and Alisson but I enjoyed seeing that little shit crying then. 

His eyebrows bother me. Nice to see him crying. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Hope Brazil win for Bobby and Alisson but I enjoyed seeing that little shit crying then. 

4 minutes ago, Butch said:

His eyebrows bother me. Nice to see him crying. 

Who ?

4 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Hasn't been the best football, but a more exciting match than most in this tournament.

Brazil seem awfully excited. Is this their first tournament win since the 1-7 vs Germany?

Their first Copa in 12 years I believe.