You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No, I know it wasn't a dig I just genuinely think this is the worst thing that could happen to him.

My mate posted a picture of himself on Facebook the other day wearing a mankini. Doesn't mean he wants to be arrested or lose his job.

He's obviously wanted the attention of his like minded friends on Facebook when he's been posting stuff on there. It's pretty outlandish to think he wanted this kind of attention.

He's been arrested. He's probably going to lose his job or find work a lot harder to come by. He's going to be looking over his shoulder every time he leaves the house. His address and phone number is all over social media and he's had articles with his name and address wrote in his local paper, The Guardian, The BBC and loads of other outlets.

This has fucked his life up, he'll be hating this and that's exactly why I'm made up the cunt is getting plenty of attention.

At the end of the day, he wanted the attention or notoriety or whatever way you want to phrase it, at the expense of what for him is "banter" well at least he has the opportunity to look over his shoulder for whatever is left of his life. 96 people dont have that luxury, so fuck him his wife his offspring, and whatever horse he rode in on, and I hope his life is shite for whatever remains of it. No guilt, no worry, no nothing, fuck him. I hope he dies sad and alone in a pool of piss and vomit brought on by an overdose of kebabs and cheap cider mixed with skank and shithouse aids. ( I still love that term after all this time)

The world is fucked and social media is the worst invention of the last 50 years.

Man does something despicable, acts a cunt, is a cunt

Girl does something decent by showing world

Internet warriors go off on one

Everyone is offended by everything even when not offended

Girl retweets every possible article about her, basking in the glory while saying "whys everyone still going on about me, just stop talking about me, wait read this thing about me first but don't mention me.

While in the background morons shout "but, someone else unrelated was a cunt once, too"

Lilt.

I fucking hate this online nonsense of a world, and most people in life are self obsessed wankers with falsely held beliefs striving desperately to be offended, or to offend, or to just be famous for five minutes.

All of you, fuck off

• Upvote 16

I found myself looking at a Facebook page last week that glorifies football hookiganism of past and present day, fuck knows how/why and obviously, the comments were chock full of absolute arseholes, but somehow even in this setting there was fake outrage at the lack of justice for jive fans at heysel, etc. On a page that was celebrating a bunch of mill wall thugs chasing Barnsley fans around wembley.

Just everyone, fuck off.

I put a video of my daughter having her first go on a slide is spent the week building while she was in Spain on holiday with her mom, in order to keep my mind occupied, so I'm fighting the good fight, but everyone else please kindly go and punch yourself in the cock or cunt.

I think Sugar Ape is right in saying this moron didn't want THIS (the pretty serious escalation) to happen. But others are also right in saying he clearly wanted attention by being provocative and he got it.

As sad a twat as this bloke is, it's also worrying that he's not alone - there's plenty more like him all too willing to mouth off about immigration / homosexuality / nationalism / patriotism / football and even more who wouldn't dream of saying / doing things in public but still come out with similar attitudes 'amongst mates' - as though that was somehow 'ok'.

Sometimes I don't know what's worst though - this sort of idiot who goes out of his way to be a twat, or the genuinely thick people on social media who just can't fathom what's so bad about it and think it was 'only a joke'

• Upvote 3

I put a video of my daughter having her first go on a slide is spent the week building while she was in Spain on holiday with her mom, in order to keep my mind occupied, so I'm fighting the good fight, but everyone else please kindly go and punch yourself in the cock or cunt.

Look at my daughter. Look how cute she is compared to other kids. Look how cute she is compared to YOUR kids. Look at how brilliant she is on the slide. YOUR kids couldn't slide like that. Look! Look! Look!

Social media attention whore. You, that is.

Note: this is meant as a joke before you have an anurism.

• Upvote 1

Look at my daughter. Look how cute she is compared to other kids. Look how cute she is compared to YOUR kids. Look at how brilliant she is on the slide. YOUR kids couldn't slide like that. Look! Look! Look!

Social media attention whore. You, that is.

Note: this is meant as a joke before you have an anurism.

Built the slide himself too, bragging fucker.

• Upvote 1

The world is fucked and social media is the worst invention of the last 50 years.

Man does something despicable, acts a cunt, is a cunt

Girl does something decent by showing world

Internet warriors go off on one

Everyone is offended by everything even when not offended

Girl retweets every possible article about her, basking in the glory while saying "whys everyone still going on about me, just stop talking about me, wait read this thing about me first but don't mention me.

While in the background morons shout "but, someone else unrelated was a cunt once, too"

Lilt.

I fucking hate this online nonsense of a world, and most people in life are self obsessed wankers with falsely held beliefs striving desperately to be offended, or to offend, or to just be famous for five minutes.

All of you, fuck off

Nice rant. But the idea that the world is fucked because of the internet as opposed to a different kind of fucked compared to the fucked it was before is a load of shite.

• 4 weeks later...

A man who wore an offensive T-shirt relating to the Hillsborough disaster said it was 'banter' with Liverpool-supporting friends.

Paul Grange, 50, of Worcester, admitted a public order offence and was fined £600 by city magistrates earlier.

He said he had deservedly "lost everything" after wearing the T-shirt in a pub beer garden on 29 May.

The wording on the shirt suggested the disaster was "God's way" of helping a pest control company.

Magistrates heard Grange ordered the T-shirt from a printing firm.

When he wore it at the Brewers Arms pub in the St Johns area of Worcester, he was asked to leave by the landlord and arrested the following day.

A statement by Louise Brookes, whose brother Andrew was one of 96 football fans to die as a result of the April 1989 Hillsborough disaster, said the T-shirt caused her hurt, anxiety and sleepless nights.

"For 27 years, I have had to listen to and read of such hatred directed towards my family," she added.

Representing himself in court, Grange said: "Hearing that statement, it's hit home, the personal effect of it.

"It (the T-shirt) was only supposed to be between friends."

Grange expressed remorse, adding: "Because of my own actions, I have lost my home, my job, my friends, my family and relationship.

"And it's deserved - I don't think it's any less than I deserve."

Grange pleaded guilty to "displaying threatening/abusive writing/sign/visible representation likely to cause harassment/alarm/distress".

In addition to a £600 fine, the 50-year-old, of Columbia Drive, Worcester, was ordered to pay a £60 victim surcharge and £135 in costs.

In April, an inquest concluded the 96 fans were unlawfully killed while attending the FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest in Sheffield.