You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football 2016/17.

Trumo

Guest Pistonbroke

After England went 2-0 up they got humped for 30 minutes. A manager needs to be able to react to that.

Having said that England will win fuck all whoever is in charge.

They really weren't, both teams had chances and Spain deserved the draw in the end, but humped....nah. 

After England went 2-0 up they got humped for 30 minutes. A manager needs to be able to react to that.

Having said that England will win fuck all whoever is in charge.

Bit unfair . it was friendly and he made loads of changes he wouldn't normally make

I think as I said earlier Southgate has sensibly picked our lads and tried to go with Klopps style of play,  Better idea than most of his predecessors 

Guest Pistonbroke

Possession was all Spain. England were hoping for a counter.

Well that is what you do when you are 2-0 up and made a load of subs, Spain deserved a draw as they scored their chances. To say they humped England after it went 2-0 is just a stupid statement. 

Bit unfair . it was friendly and he made loads of changes he wouldn't normally make

I think as I said earlier Southgate has sensibly picked our lads and tried to go with Klopps style of play,  Better idea than most of his predecessors 

He set up well. England played well for 60 minutes. But when Spain stepped up a gear, England struggled badly.

Guest Pistonbroke

Just because of the counter.

Spain had 66% possession of the whole game away from home. It must have been 80% in the last 30 mins.

60% actually, plus possession = draw, and could have easily = defeat. Before the 3 late efforts of which they scored 2 they'd had 2 shots on target. 

60% actually, plus possession = draw, and could have easily = defeat. Before the 3 late efforts of which they scored 2 they'd had 2 shots on target. 

BBC says 66% and that was with a B team. But I was talking about the last 30 mins which was clearly more. Anyone could see that a goal was coming but nothing changed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37896472

Guest Pistonbroke

BBC says 66% and that was with a B team. But I was talking about the last 30 mins which was clearly more. Anyone could see that a goal was coming but nothing changed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37896472

BBC are shit. I could post to links to sites which say 60%. Doesn't matter though, you clearly like to talk Spain up. They deserved the draw but no need to make them out better than they were, are you related to Giggs? 

Quite an enjoyable game of football.

The side Spain finished the game with looked a lot better, or certainly more balanced, than the one they started with.

Something with Morata, Isco, Thiago, Nolito, Pedro, and Biscuits behind them could be very good.

England were alright. The solid (ish) base of Dier and Henderson, and then playing four quick players ahead of them seems the way to go. No doubt Weetabix head will be back in though.