You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football 2016/17.

Trumo

Sportingintelligence have released a new report documenting the highest average first-team salaries across a number of different sports worldwide.

NBA team Cleveland Cavaliers pay the highest average salary at £6,545,934, which works out to almost £126,000 per week.

The highest in football is Man Utd at £5,770,000, which works out at almost £111,000 per week. They are 4th on the global list.

Liverpool are 60th globally (5th highest in the Premier League) with an average annual salary of £3,012,414, which works out at almost £58,000 per week.

After Muller had criticised Germany having to play San Marino this was the fucking awesome response from the San Marion communications director.

Dear Thomas Müller, you are right.

Football games like the Friday night one are meaningless. To you.

Again, dear Thomas, you don’t need to come to San Marino almost for free in a weekend in which, without the Bundesliga, you could have sat with your wife on the couch of your luxury house, or maybe you could have gone to an event set up by the sponsors earning several thousands of euros.

I trust you but I allow myself to give you 10 good reasons for which I think that the game San Marino – Germany was very helpful, and you can think about that and give me your opinion…

1) It was helpful to show to you that even against weak teams like ours you can’t score, and don’t say you weren’t pissed off when Simoncini didn’t let you be among the scorers.

2) It was helpful to your directors (let Rummenigge and Beckenbauer know too) that football is not your property, but it’s of those who love it among which, like it or not, we are too.

3) It was helpful to show to hundreds of European journalists that there still are young people following their dreams and not your cheques.

4) It washelpful to prove that you Germans will never change and that history did not teach you that presumption doesn’t always mean “victory”.

5) It was helpful to let 200 San Marino kids that followed the game for what reason their coaches ask them to work hard and at their best. Maybe one day all of their sacrifices will be rewarded with another match against the World Champion.

6) It was helpful to your Federation (and to ours too) to earn image rights money with which they, in addition to pay you for the trouble, can build structure for the kids in your country, football academies, safer stadiums, … Our Federation -I tell you a secret- will build a new field in an isolated little town called Acquaviva. You could have built it with 6 months of your salary, we will with the money of a 90 minutes match. Not bad, is it?

7) It was helpful to a country as big as a sector of your Allianz Arena to appear on newspaper for a good reason, because a football game is always a good reason.

8) It was helpful to your friend Gnabry to have a debut and score a hattrick. Now he can ask Werder for a new contract and double salary.

9) It was helpful to those San Marino people a bit sad for reminding them that we have an actual national team. It can happen to you -that are almost perfect – that when you lose someone will wake up and start bothering you, right?

10) It was helpful to me to let me understand that even if you have the best Adidas kit deep down you still are those who wear white socks and sandals.

With love, Alan.

• Upvote 3