You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football 2016/17.

Trumo

Love the wankfest over Utd's fantastic and wonderful unbeaten run, during those 17 odd games they've drew with us, Arsenal and managed a fluky 1-0 win at home to Spurs oh and a 1-1 at the bitters.

Other than that most of the sides they've played are either lower half shite or teams from other divisions.....

But hey Jose is a genius who's got the old Utd back up and running.

Love the wankfest over Utd's fantastic and wonderful unbeaten run, during those 17 odd games they've drew with us, Arsenal and managed a fluky 1-0 win at home to Spurs oh and a 1-1 at the bitters.

Other than that most of the sides they've played are either lower half shite or teams from other divisions.....

I'd swap their last 5 league results with ours. It's all well and good saying "lower half shite teams" but we are being consistently undone by them.

• Upvote 2

Perception is amazing isn't it. As far as I can see United's performances this season more or less shadow Van Gaal's efforts, but even with an FA Cup win VG got the sack, while Mourinho is looking down the barrel of a 5 year contract extension.

Well, if you 'allow' the poor start on account of the new manager and players, they're starting to come good. I'm hardly singing their praises, but they're on a good run and they're picking up points. It bemuses me why people are taking a pop at them now. They're not top level but technically they're the form team in the league (picked up more points in the last 10 games than even Chelsea). 

I can think of a couple of clubs around here who would be happy with three FA Cup wins in the last few seasons, and perennial top four finishes.

Cups - fair do's. Top 4 - bollocks...a modern thing where mediocrity feeds greed and mediocrity then becomes perceived success.

Love the wankfest over Utd's fantastic and wonderful unbeaten run, during those 17 odd games they've drew with us, Arsenal and managed a fluky 1-0 win at home to Spurs oh and a 1-1 at the bitters.

Other than that most of the sides they've played are either lower half shite or teams from other divisions.....

if only we put those lower half shite teams and teams from other divisions away over the last month.

Well, if you 'allow' the poor start on account of the new manager and players, they're starting to come good. I'm hardly singing their praises, but they're on a good run and they're picking up points. It bemuses me why people are taking a pop at them now. They're not top level but technically they're the form team in the league (picked up more points in the last 10 games than even Chelsea). 

He has got them solid ROTOQ I admit that, but I don't see anything special at all considering the amounts spent on players. They had a good period of wins against shite over Xmas but have drawn 3 of their last 5 ( Us, Stoke & Hull ). 

Depends on the cup, i'd rather qualify for the CL than win the league cup, it's touch and go with the FA Cup in it's current guise.

I think you are probably in the top 4 if you win the FA Cup. Portsmouth, Wigan, BS over what 25 years?

Might make sense to acknowledge you dont do much if you are not of top 4 quality year in year out. Since we haven't been that for many moons.....

• Upvote 1

He has got them solid ROTOQ I admit that, but I don't see anything special at all considering the amounts spent on players. They had a good period of wins against shite over Xmas but have drawn 3 of their last 5 ( Us, Stoke & Hull ). 

Have to agree to disagree. I've watched them win the league on the back of 1-0 wins. Solid usually picks up points.

• Upvote 1

Depends on the cup, i'd rather qualify for the CL than win the league cup, it's touch and go with the FA Cup in it's current guise.

trophies first for me - i understand it is a symptom of modern footy that this top 4 lark is seen as better than trophies and i get the woeth to club etc and how it can dictate who you buy - still think it is shire though.. for me it is still trophies first.

First is first, second is nowhere and 4th is even more nowhere - or at least it should be.

trophies first for me - i understand it is a symptom of modern footy that this top 4 lark is seen as better than trophies and i get the woeth to club etc and how it can dictate who you buy - still think it is shire though.. for me it is still trophies first.

First is first, second is nowhere and 4th is even more nowhere - or at least it should be.

I think 4th gives you a better chance of achieving 1st than winning a league cup does for the reasons you've stated.

In the long run top 4 finishes consistently give you a hell of a better chance to win the league, you got more chance of signing the best players because your in the Champions League rather than being the "EFL" champions. Cup finals are for the fans and top 4 is for the development of the club.

In the long run top 4 finishes consistently give you a hell of a better chance to win the league, you got more chance of signing the best players because your in the Champions League rather than being the "EFL" champions. Cup finals are for the fans and top 4 is for the development of the club.

Sadly i realise it has become the case...still shite though!