You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football 2016/17.

Trumo

Just looked at fixtures and sods law when we play chelsea on 31st it will be our 3rd game in a week due to league cup semi 2nd leg....

28th Jan (sat) is fa cup what are the odds we get a tie that moves to the sunday 29th and chelsea play on saturday ensuring them an extra days rest on top of us playing more games?

fuck the league cup and start the youngsters

Great result for us. It's too early to be thinking of consolidating top 4 when we are 5 points off top spot with a game against Chelsea at Anfield.

I am a bit worried about the Mancs and i have this horrible feeling they will beat us. However,even if they do,we are in the mix which is more than I expected at the start of the season.

If nobody comes in over January, I hope we're playing the kids (and Lucas) in the two legs against Southampton.

It's on.

A match away from wembley to jib it would be wrong for me...if we have to jib something in that period (and i don't want us to) then make it the fa cup

Great result for us. It's too early to be thinking of consolidating top 4 when we are 5 points off top spot with a game against Chelsea at Anfield.

I am a bit worried about the Mancs and i have this horrible feeling they will beat us. However,even if they do,we are in the mix which is more than I expected at the start of the season.

It won't be how we do against the plastics and the mancs that decides our fate will it.....

would be great to beat them and for any other of the top sides if you did you'd think yes it is on!

not us though - why?...

Hull, Palace, Middlesbrough et al

A match away from wembley to jib it would be wrong for me...if we have to jib something in that period (and i don't want us to) then make it the fa cup

I would too, but we'll surely have to prioritise competitions given that we've a playing squad of 12/13.

I'd play the reserves and kids in all the cup games.

The league has to be our bread and butter. At a time when our team looks shattered we could head to the Mancs a little bit rejuvanated.

I can see Mourinho puting out a strong team in the cups. They are very unlikely to win the league and still have a lot of work to get top 4. He will know doing well in the cups and possibly winning one will give him kudos with the orcs.

It won't be how we do against the plastics and the mancs that decides our fate will it.....

would be great to beat them and for any other of the top sides if you did you'd think yes it is on!

not us though - why?...

Hull, Palace, Middlesbrough et al

Fair point. You could picture us dropping stupid points against any of the above sides.

Still all teams will drop stupid points. Being in the mix is great even if i can see myself having a cardiac arrest one of these weekends.

We are doing splendidly so far this season , and hopefully a team-resting gimme against Plymouth & a couple of astute squad additions this month will give us a second wind.

We have 10 home games and 8 away games left.

Our last 9 games are Everton, Bournemouth, Stoke, West Brom, Palace, Watford, Southampton, West Ham, Middlesbrough, with 5 of them at home.

We are doing splendidly so far this season , and hopefully a team-resting gimme against Plymouth & a couple of astute squad additions this month will give us a second wind.

We have 10 home games and 8 away games left.

Our last 9 games are Everton, Bournemouth, Stoke, West Brom, Palace, Watford, Southampton, West Ham, Middlesbrough, with 5 of them at home.

Wow, that sets up very well.  Get to that Everton game within 4-5 points and it will be game on.  Might have to win all 9 of those but if we don't we'd only have ourselves to blame.