You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football 2016/17.

Trumo

We never had a nice lead really. Even after we had played 35 games we had 6pts on City though they had a game in hand and had dropped 7pts in the previous 6 games.

We should have seen it out but its a myth we blew a big lead. City had it wrapped up drew a game,lost at Anfield and drew another giving us a lead. We won 12 games on the bounce before Chelsea and pretty much needed to go 15 games unbeaten to win the title. Its was a big ask at the start byt we should have seen it over the line

I mostly agree. But I never thought we'd win it partly because we were on an amazing run that basically had to end somewhere.

I'm not even sure we would have done it had Stevie not slipped.

I mostly agree. But I never thought we'd win it partly because we were on an amazing run that basically had to end somewhere.

I'm not even sure we would have done it had Stevie not slipped.

If we hadn't have lost to chelsea we would have won the title.

We wouldn't have gone chasing gd at palace and we wouldn't have thrown away a three goal lead.

So let's add on just 1 pt from chelsea and 2 from palace and that puts us a point ahead of city...

All ifs and buts of course and we'll never know but for me had we not lost to chelsea we would have gone on to win it.