You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football 2016/17.

Trumo

This referee in the Barca/Sevilla game has lost the plot.

First he forgets to go back and book a Sevilla player when he played advantage to Barca, turned out the Sevilla player (Rami) was on a yellow already and should have gone.

Then, Messi gets his heel trod on and loses a boot, so he sits down to put his boot on.  Leading, so he wastes a bit of time.  Instead of just adding on the time, the ref books him, then makes him leave the pitch for some reason to put his boot on.  Messi throws a strop, the fans think he's sent off, then he comes back on after he puts the boot on.

Bizarre.

Barely matters who the manager is. England will never win anything whilst they have to pick English players.

Okay, I'll rephrase it, "England will never win anything be any good whilst they have to pick English players."

It's a pretty definitive statement if you choose to read everything I write as being entirely literal/definitive.

*Don't*

Of course they have a chance, in the same way similar quality sides like Poland and Wales do. My point, as you're well aware, is that they have very little chance, and that changing the manager is rearranging deck chairs.

Okay, maybe I took those two posts too literally but at the same time there's not much room for interpretation in them.  

If you admit they have a chance then that'll do me.  They just need a good manager. 

Okay, maybe I took those two posts too literally but at the same time there's not much room for interpretation in them.  

If you admit they have a chance then that'll do me.  They just need a good manager. 

I just admitted they have a chance, in the same way Wales and Poland do. Similar strengthened teams.

Guest Pistonbroke

Definitely agreed on the first point. While the FA is full of people that essentially couldn't care less (like the ECB twats you see quaffing champagne at Lords), and keep appointing people that you wouldn't put in charge of a burger van, all the investment in grassroots stuff won't translate.

England don't have a centreback as good as Matip. He's basically Stones without the brain farts every game. 

Nor can England pick a front three anywhere near as good as Coutinho/Mane/Firmino. Imagine Klopp had Rooney, Walcott, and Sterling (or whichever forwards from the squad) instead. Imagine his job of trying to explain when to press, etc, to these idiots.

Players will come through, if we get a decent manager he can nature them. I said at the beginning of this discussion to TK that defensively we have problems and up front we are not that blessed going on current form and game time. You can never say no mate, for all that talent Spain has had over the decades it took the fuckers ages to land a title. Who knows what the future brings, one fact remains though, something most would agree with, grass roots football needs coaching better as do these centres they have built to nature talent. 

Similar in the way that an apple is like asparagus, yes. 

As you clearly feel England are miles ahead of Poland and Wales, where do you think England's rightful place is in world football? If someone taps into the incredible potential of these England players where would you place them?

Guest Pistonbroke

Well it definitely was for them. I meant in his career.

Depends what his plans are mate. He has enough in his legs to carry on playing, not for us or any top half team of the PL. I'm sure he could add something to the likes of Sunderland, Hull etc. He would pretty much get into any Championship squad, might be a good shout for RB to bring him in at Newcastle. 

Depends what his plans are mate. He has enough in his legs to carry on playing, not for us or any top half team of the PL. I'm sure he could add something to the likes of Sunderland, Hull etc. He would pretty much get into any Championship squad, might be a good shout for RB to bring him in at Newcastle.

I think he's said in the past he could never play for another English club. Another kid on the way I think he'll return to Formby do his badges, some TV work and see what turns up.

Guest Pistonbroke

I think he's said in the past he could never play for another English club. Another kid on the way I think he'll return to Formby do his badges, some TV work and see what turns up.

I wish him all the best in whatever he does, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get him involved with our club again, let him cut his teeth in a coaching role for the U23's. 

Wasn't he dropped in LA?

Looks like he's finished...

Guest Pistonbroke

Wasn't he dropped in LA?

Looks like he's finished...

I couldn't tell you mate, don't really follow the league apart from the results/scorers. I just assumed he was injured as he wasn't on the bench either. 

I couldn't tell you mate, don't really follow the league apart from the results/scorers. I just assumed he was injured as he wasn't on the bench either. 

Came on after 75 minutes today. Perhaps there was an injury issue, but it sounds like LA fans weren't too upset about his departure...

Guest Pistonbroke

Came on after 75 minutes today. Perhaps there was an injury issue, but it sounds like LA fans weren't too upset about his departure...

Only saw the pens, the bench comment was for the other games he was missing and hence the fact I just assumed he was missing. Like I said earlier, he still has something left in the legs and it is different conditions in the UK. Not playing at the top, but certainly lower level PL or Championship. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I see Feyenoord lost today, against bottom of the table (at the time) Go Ahead Eagles. 2 points only out of the last 9 for Dirk and his boys, need to pick it up again.