You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Just been pointed out on Twitter that Mourinho is now just a couple of years younger than Ranieri was when he famously said he was "almost 70."

I swear that if Jurgen Klopp takes the stage at the press conference before we play United next season and says something to the effect that Mourinho is "almost 70 and was sacked from his last two jobs" I will never rest until he has a knighthood.

I'm interested to see how this plays out. 

It's usually about what, 8 months in, Moureen starts complaining that the whole world is against him and begins throwing his toys out the pram.

Having that, and United combined will be too good of a love affair to watch crumble. 

Getting the ale in lads. 

I was hoping that Nightcat would have video evidence of him bumming young boys in his motor home while his Driver turned a blind eye or that Mourinho had the keys to a hospital. All it turned out to be was that he slapped someone in the street.

I have not seen any footage of him not bumming young boys in his motor home while his Driver turned a blind eye so it cant be completely ruled out.

It's an upgrade on Van Gaal.

But, is he the Mourinho of old? I'm not convinced. He has the title from his 2nd season of his second spell. But his other 2 seasons were fairly poor. Last season was woeful. 2013/14, the "proven winner" absolutely bottled the league. A point which is rarely raised, but gets attributed to us a lot for that season.

Also, United's squad is pish. They need to buy big and hope they gel quickly. It's a good appointment but it isn't an appointment which guarantees success.

Pissed myself at some manc fan mouthpiece on the news before, when asked if Mourinho would play the kind of football to which 'united fans are accustomed' said 'jose' is a pragmatist and will play the style of football united fans expect.

Fuck right off.

(A) will he fuck.

(B) this bullshit about the way they've suddenly taken ownership of attacking football is a load of shite. The mancs first championship wins under Ferguson were renowned for being 'ground out'. Hughes would bully defenders and cantona would nick a goal. Ironically, it was when he fucked off and Yorke came in that they started to play attacking footy.

Despite all the rivalry and the bile, this is the reason I hate the mancs the most. They've got absolutely no backbone as a fanbase. Going gets rough they don the Newton health scarves, go to watch FC United for two weeks and shout 'glazer out', they win a match and they're back the next week at old Trafford.

They hate Mourinho, then they don't mind Mourinho, he plays boring football but now he doesn't. They resent city spending loads of money on players and insist they do it the right way by blooding youngsters, then they bin loads off and spunk 250 mil on players and not a peep.

What else would you expect from a club that changed its crest to make it more marketable though I suppose, absolutely everything is for sale - especially their fans' beliefs.

• Upvote 11

Yeah agree with that. The Mourinho will play attractive football stuff is hilarious. He hasn't played good football in ten years. Scholes was on the BBC yesterday saying he's happy because of that reason yet he spent the season slaughtering Van Gaal who is as boring as Mourinho's style. 

When they're rocking up to the Hawthorns next year with 11 men behind the ball against Tony Pulis they will change their tune.

I'm sure his first move will be to demonstrate his complete faith in young Rashford by agreeing a deal to bring in a 34 year old striker on over £200k a week.

Mendes is going to fuck that club dry over the next 3 years.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure his first move will be to demonstrate his complete faith in young Rashford by agreeing a deal to bring in a 34 year old striker on over £200k a week.

Mendes is going to fuck that club dry over the next 3 years.

At Madrid he had his own office at the training ground. 

They'll end up signing a left back from Benfica for about £30m because he's a Mendes player even though they have Luke Shaw. It's how he rolls.

According to Peter Kenyon on Sky this is the biggest signing in the history of Yernited.......Then again he did say Chelsea will be the biggest club in the world.....

Oh and what was going on with his face it looked like he shaved with sandpaper.

Just saw Zlatan mugging it up on the news when asked about a move there, looking like a guy who had already mentally banked the cheque.  Shortly before that I watched Rashford score after three minutes for England.  Enjoy it whilst it lasts son.

Still at least the mancs will get that all-action attacking play they apparently love so much...

By far my favourite stat of Zlatan's is that he was once subbed off for Barca after only running 400m more than Victor Valdes and that was years ago, he's not increased his workrate much since.  He's going to make Berbatov look like Suarez.

I'm actually enjoying how the media are setting themselves up for disappointment. 

The thing is that the media are never disappointed.

He succeeds, they get to keep jizzing all over our screens, each one trying to outdo the last in how highly they praise him.  He fails, they will revel the chance to stick the knife in the man they themselves built up to some impossible standard when he came in.  Win-win.

I'm actually glad to see him being praised to high heavens by all and sundry in the media.  They love to turn on someone that they've done that to, and if there were more pundits striking a "cautiously optimistic" tone then the expectations would be lower which would increase the chances of long-term success.