You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

8 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

They have a shit squad on tons of money but they're not even close to it being a problem cos their revenues are so big.

I don’t entirely agree with it not being a problem you know. They’re attracting mercenaries like Middlesborough did in the 90’s and it’s showing right through the club, poisoning their dressing room.

For example next summer, sure they can and no doubt will lob money around and bring in some big signings. Will anyone decent go there for the right reasons if they’ve just finished 6th or so? If not, you bring in the wrong type of characters and it breeds more of the same.

They still lack any sort of coherent plan as a club even with the permanent rain cloud gone. Bringing in a DoF is one thing, but with that Woodward arsehole running the show it’s just as likely to be Damien Comolli.

Sadly a top class manager would sort them out easily - look at Klopp with us, inherited a team finishing 8th and a squad with a fraction of the talent they have...look at the improvement even without the kind of money or pull they have.

They'll throw money at it and if they get in a top class manager they'll be a major threat again......Him staying and the cancer spreading and spreading was the best thing - sadly they have cut it out now. Let's hope they appoint another massive narcissistic shithouse to drag them further down though.

It couldn't last, could it? There's no need to get upset though, as their timeDefinitely echoing the sentiments of others on here that they are heading the way we were in the early 90s, main difference being they are almost unbreakable financially. Throwing money won't fix the shit they are in though.

There's just no manager in the world that will be able to "fix them", demanding the standards needed to regain their place at the top. The only exception would be Ferguson himself (and possibly Guardiola), as he would be bulletproof. Even someone like Zidane would have huge questionmarks, despite winning three CL's with Real. Disagree completely with that their squad would be a top 4 shoe-in with another manager as well. City, us, Spurs and Chelsea are way ahead in player personnel as well as having better managers and club structure.

The only WC player there is De Gea, possibly Pogba (but he comes with so much baggage they'd probably be better off withouth him). There's also a club/wardrobe culture there at the moment resembling what we had in the 90's (except it's social media and clothes labels being the distraction this time). If someone like Pochettino comes in he's going to need 2-3 years of turning it around, and his every decision would be scrutinised and questioned by every journalist and internet warrior and even more so by that dressing-room. I can only see more trouble on the horizon. The closest thing to a sure thing (of trophies/success) failed miserably, and it will take someone really special to turn this around. Looks like they're trying for a DoF model this time, there aren't many sure fits there either. 

When they will go shopping, clubs will absolutely destroy them on the transfer fees, and with the genius signing of Sanchez, they have forever waved goodbye to any sort of wage structure.

In short; I'm loving seeing them struggle!

1 minute ago, lebron said:

It couldn't last, could it? There's no need to get upset though, as their timeDefinitely echoing the sentiments of others on here that they are heading the way we were in the early 90s, main difference being they are almost unbreakable financially. Throwing money won't fix the shit they are in though.

There's just no manager in the world that will be able to "fix them", demanding the standards needed to regain their place at the top. The only exception would be Ferguson himself (and possibly Guardiola), as he would be bulletproof. Even someone like Zidane would have huge questionmarks, despite winning three CL's with Real. Disagree completely with that their squad would be a top 4 shoe-in with another manager as well. City, us, Spurs and Chelsea are way ahead in player personnel as well as having better managers and club structure.

The only WC player there is De Gea, possibly Pogba (but he comes with so much baggage they'd probably be better off withouth him). There's also a club/wardrobe culture there at the moment resembling what we had in the 90's (except it's social media and clothes labels being the distraction this time). If someone like Pochettino comes in he's going to need 2-3 years of turning it around, and his every decision would be scrutinised and questioned by every journalist and internet warrior and even more so by that dressing-room. I can only see more trouble on the horizon. The closest thing to a sure thing (of trophies/success) failed miserably, and it will take someone really special to turn this around. Looks like they're trying for a DoF model this time, there aren't many sure fits there either. 

When they will go shopping, clubs will absolutely destroy them on the transfer fees, and with the genius signing of Sanchez, they have forever waved goodbye to any sort of wage structure.

In short; I'm loving seeing them struggle!

Yep , their suffering is like Oxygen to me.

I don't share your view they can't be fixed. The dominant days of Ferguson are gone but a decent coach would get a tune out of that squad and make them a top 4 team . Champions  not .

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

They have a decent list of players... if everyone’s fit, I’d start like the below

Martial———Lukaku———Rashford

-———Pogba———Lingard————

—————-—Matic————————

Shaw—Lindelof——Smalling—Young

——————De Gea———————-

Sanchez to come in for any of the front three if he could regain his form back. Definitely top 4 material.

Get your CV in

41 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sadly a top class manager would sort them out easily - look at Klopp with us, inherited a team finishing 8th and a squad with a fraction of the talent they have...look at the improvement even without the kind of money or pull they have.

They'll throw money at it and if they get in a top class manager they'll be a major threat again......Him staying and the cancer spreading and spreading was the best thing - sadly they have cut it out now. Let's hope they appoint another massive narcissistic shithouse to drag them further down though.

Top class managers don't grow on trees and I do wonder if the job may become a poisoned chalice for the best of the best. There may well be someone who takes the job on who turns it around but I have a feeling they may have to become creative to get someone in.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

I couldn't disagree more, look at the way our crowd/supporters have reacted sceptically towards Klopp. Luckily we have got used to mediocrity over the last couple of decades, otherwise Klopp would have faced an even tougher task. How many coaches would succeed in such a toxic environment like there is there now. As I wrote in my previous post, I can only think of Ferguson and perhaps Guardiola having the status to succeed. Even they would need time to clear out the deadwood, and the supporters and media would be on their asses pronto if things weren't going swimmingly after a year. It's a complete clusterfuck there at the moment, the only saving graces being their money and "brand", ensuring there will be mercenaries willing to go there for the right amount of money, but the club will be absolutely fleeced on every transfer imaginable. Someone like Neymar or Mbappe (who would fit the profile) would cost about 3-4  billion each wages included. I doubt even their massive income streams (nevermind FFP) could handle that.

They need to strike gold on their first opportunity with their manager, and even then it's a massive, uphill task. I've rated their squad in five categories:

A (must-keep)

de Gea (contract issue)

B (flattering to deceive/attitiude issues - with potential to be good enough)

Pogba

Martial (contract issue)

Rashford

Bailly

Shaw

C (squad players who can be a cog in the machine)

Mata

Valencia

Smalling

Lindelof

Young

Fellaini

Herrera

Romero (GK)

Sanchez (I actually believe he is toast, hopefully he and his contract stays there for a long while yet)

Pereira

D  (youngsters that might still make it)

Chong

Tuanzebe

E (definitely not good enough)

The rest

In my view, they need something like 7 or 8 top, top players to be close to us and City, and they need them to be near immediate successes. That's not an easy task, especiallly when you have ego's like Pogba and (probably) Sanchez pestering the dressing-room if they don't think what's going on is good for them.

In short: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

If they were really smart they'd poach Michael Edwards from us, offer him eleventy-billion pounds and just let him build them a team to dominate for decades.

Fortunately, it looks like Woodward is still going to be in charge for the foreseeable future, which means they won't be catching up to us too quickly.

Where does the idea that Pogba is a world class player come from? It’s the biggest myth in football, is it a contractual obligation for pundits to say it? He is absolutely useless, he gives the ball away an inordinate amount, he’s like latter years Yaya Touré without the ball, he’s one of the least tactical intelligent players I’ve ever seen and he has the heart the size of a pea.

• Upvote 2