You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

There's some cracking posts on there tonight. One of them made me laugh when he said Smalling and Jones are easily as good as Van Dijk. Van Dijk is suspect defensively apparently. 

Perhaps he meant combined...

Most of the mancs I know think he's acting the cunt now, eye on his next payoff and three year cycle.

I am a bit baffled by their board's attitude though - apparently they're tiring of him spending vast sums on players who are closer to the end of their career than the start, demand big wages and won't have any significant sell-on value.  If that's not what you want, why the fuck hire someone whose entire career has been spent doing that?

• Upvote 3

Agree

The same team got what 80 plus points last year. No reason they can't do it again.

I think the opposition have improved considerably since last season, and so have some of their rivals. Outside of that their players seem to want away, the manager is grumpy, and their team demeanor is bad. I wouldn't be shocked for them to get 80 again but I wouldn't be shocked to see them struggle early on and pressure get really high.

I think the opposition have improved considerably since last season, and so have some of their rivals. Outside of that their players seem to want away, the manager is grumpy, and their team demeanor is bad. I wouldn't be shocked for them to get 80 again but I wouldn't be shocked to see them struggle early on and pressure get really high.

Agree with you

Im simply saying not to write them off.

Teams still fear them for some reason and go into a shell waiting to get fucked over. Tbey still benefit from some officials too.

They’ll lose to Leicester tonight, nailed on, so he gets to depict himself as ‘told you so’ in a press conference.

I like the new name. I'm picturing Beglin watching a guy who can't even lift and saying, 'Gotta say, for me he's has to do better there.'

Those fuckers are deluded thinking that the board haven't backed Maureen or any other manager post Ferguson.  It also boils their piss that we've got someone like Klopp, we're clearly getting our collective shit together and we play football to wank over, not fall asleep to.

Fucking wonderful stuff.

It’s funny how for the past 2 years they’ve going on about him being an elite level coach. He’s in the band with Guardiola but not Klopp. If Klopp was that good of a coach he’d have won more trophies. Now though they’ve still got a better squad than us it’s just the manager isn’t getting the best out of the players there.

They’ve done the same thing for 3 managers on the run. Each time though the delusion has lasted longer. They’ll all deny until they’re blue in the face that the alarm bells should be ringing because of the state of the football and performances. They’ve got the right man in charge etc. because they’ve crawled over the line to get top 4 or won the non-relevant trophies by playing garbage sides all the way through.

The only thing any of the top clubs care about is the premier league and the champions league and they’re as far away from both of them as they’ve been since Ferguson left.

I’m sure people would point those same fingers under Klopp. Those people would be thick cunts though. We’ve been gradually improving season on season whilst they’ve been using a scattergun approach to managers and players. If he goes it’s going to be interesting to see what they do next. A director of football would be fucking hilarious probably followed up by hiring another negative manager like Simeone.

They need an ambitious, attacking manager. I don't get how the "biggest brand in world football" haven't figured out that hiring pragmatic has-beens isn't good for the brand or the product on the pitch.

Because the club's revenues have been going up exponentially in that time too.

The Guardian's take on what happened at United over the summer. Interesting little snippet about Mina's agent fees. That'll be one to come out in the blue rinse wash.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/09/manchester-united-veto-jose-mourinho-wishlist-cash-fears

I love how much he hates us. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

The Guardian's take on what happened at United over the summer.  Interesting little snippet about Mina's agent fees. That'll be one to come out in the blue rinse wash.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/09/manchester-united-veto-jose-mourinho-wishlist-cash-fears

"The irony is that United helped to create that market by routinely flexing their financial muscle and, in the case of Pogba’s £93m transfer from Juventus, the mind-boggling sums that went to the player’s adviser, Mino Raiola. Alexis Sánchez’s contract – £391,000 a week with an extra £75,000 for every game he plays and an annual £1.1m signing-on fee"

Fucking hell.

"The irony is that United helped to create that market by routinely flexing their financial muscle and, in the case of Pogba’s £93m transfer from Juventus, the mind-boggling sums that went to the player’s adviser, Mino Raiola. Alexis Sánchez’s contract – £391,000 a week with an extra £75,000 for every game he plays and an annual £1.1m signing-on fee"

Fucking hell.

This is why they’ve put a stop to him this summer. It’s unsustainable. They’ve looked at that 6 months later and thought what the fuck are we doing. He’s fucking shite and we are paying him about 500 grand week for 4 years. All because our dickhead manager wanted to get one over on Guardiola.

• Upvote 1

The Guardian's take on what happened at United over the summer.  Interesting little snippet about Mina's agent fees. That'll be one to come out in the blue rinse wash.

If only Utd had know before they brought in Mourinho that he wouldn't build a team with the future in mind.

Hilarious to see him finally having his cheat code pulled.

"Mourinho prefers to sign experienced players at the peak of their ability."

Wow, what incredible football acumen he has.  If only anyone else had realised that might help a team be successful, and all they needed to do was ask for a book full of blank cheques.

Guess everyone else just lacks his genius.