You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

It's a BBC article about a university-backed investigation , which backs up the misgivings that most of us had about the refereeing of our games last season. Are we not supposed to discuss it in case random bluenoses try to take the piss?  I don't think anybody is bothered about the 2nd place thing, it is the fact that we arguably lost the equivalent of 4 wins over the season due to refereeing bias / ineptitude.

• Upvote 2

It's a BBC article about a university-backed investigation , which backs up the misgivings that most of us had about the refereeing of our games last season. Are we not supposed to discuss it in case random bluenoses try to take the piss?  I don't think anybody is bothered about the 2nd place thing, it is the fact that we arguably lost the equivalent of 4 wins over the season due to refereeing bias / ineptitude.

While every other team seems to be just plus or minus a few points.

• Upvote 1

They will still be top 6 by December you would imagine which would stop him from getting sacked. I think we ideally want him there for the winter transfer window as well. They’ve been spending a lot in recent years even for them and I reckon it’s even more than people realise. We see the headline amounts for people like Pogba and Lukaku but they’re definitely spending under reported amounts on wages and fees. It was always going to hit a point where the owners were going to say this is unsustainable.

Mourinho’s success is built on signing experienced players in their late 20’s sometimes 30’s. People talk about resale value but I don’t think that’s something United would be arsed about. It’s more the fact that you then have to go out and replace that player in a shorter period of time. Sanchez is peak Mourinho. He’s sitting on a long contract on massive money whilst also being finished as a top level footballer.

The way the window has played out for them screams of the people in charge not wanting to give him more money to spend on older players probably because they can envisage him not being there for long. For that reason it then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy and a wasted year whilst also causing more shitstorms like the Pogba and Martial situations.

The longer they go without winning the big trophies whilst also playing terrible football the harder it’s going to become to turn it around. The fans will become more and more impatient. Go on their forums and it’s brilliant read.

If they’re not gonna back him they must know they’re gonna sack him. He’s already lost the fans and alienated half the players. The question is why didn’t they do it before the start of the season? I wonder if it’s the same kind of situation as when we kept Brendan on until Klopp decided he was ready to get back in the game.

Could they be waiting for Zidane? Maybe hoping for Pochettino to get disillusioned with Spurs not backing him?

It’s funny how quickly that green and gold campaign lasted. I think their club shop even started selling green and gold scarves to add insult to injury. There’s already talk on Redcafe about them needing the Glazers out. They’ve spent hundreds of millions on players season in season out and have one season where they spend about 50m net and they’re crying about it.

As mentioned above they clearly don’t fancy him but don’t want to lose face by sacking him especially because there’s no obvious candidates available.