You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Fucking hell. Slam Souness for the S*n, slam him for his lack of managerial skills. All fair dues.

Never ever slack him off for his playing ability. If you do, you never seen him play. He was the ultimate midfielder, if he was playing today, with the world coverage of football he would be lauded as one of the best, if not the best.

He could do anything. He'd tackle your bones of, followed by a wonderful pass or a shot that would break the goalies fingers. That man was a machine. 

A mix of Vieira, Keane and Gerrard. He was a monster.

• Upvote 8

Reading through this, a clear distinction needs to be made here on celebrations I think. 

They're fine when its our players doing them. When it's anyone else, they're massive twats.

Case in point, Moreno gegging in with Sturridge was great, because Moreno is a likeable moron so it's funny. It was also funny when Carra did it, because it was the least Carra act he ever committed in his life, and only did it as he was coming to the end.

And anything Firmino does when celebrating goals is automatically great because it's him.

• Upvote 5

I don't have an issue with any style of celebration when it's clear there's a level of improvisation to it.

It's the shite that is obviously rehearsed before hand that is cringy, Tottenham handshakes and Pogba spring to mind.

Anything involving Spurs, Pogba and (especially) Jesse Lingard is automatically shit and deserving of a ban.

• Upvote 3

I don't have an issue with any style of celebration when it's clear there's a level of improvisation to it.

It's the shite that is obviously rehearsed before hand that is cringy, Tottenham handshakes and Pogba spring to mind.

Agreed. What is done in the spur of the moment is usually great, as adrenaline is released and a rush of blood to the head makes you do usually crazy things when a goal is scored. All that prehearsed shit is a hangable offense.

Good clips them mate, thanks. On the phone so will send you a rep treat later

Souness as a player was just incredible and it was very rare that an English based player would attract the attention of the big clubs in Italy at that time. Even fewer would actually make a success of it. I think he spent two seasons in Italy with Sampdoria and scored a few goals helping them to be reasonably successful. His best years were at Liverpool, mind - as they should be for any player.

As a manager he did well at Rangers but all else after that was forgettable. Perhaps his health problems effected his decision making ability when it came to the rag interview but that's being generous.

Player - A+

Manager - C-

Dodgy interviewing decisions - U

Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini has agreed a shock move to Turkey, according to reports on Wednesday.

The Belgium international has been linked with an Old Trafford exit since the summer as he has entered the final four months of his contract.

Recent reports have suggested that Fellaini is looking for a new challenge and will turn down any offer from United.

The 30-year-old has found himself behind talented young midfielder Scott McTominay in the pecking order recently, possibly accelerating his decision to leave.

According to the Turkish outlet Fotomac, Besiktas have reached an agreement with the former Everton man’s representatives after several rounds of talks.

Jose Mourinho recently stated that he believes Fellaini wants to stay in Manchester, but couldn’t guarantee it.

“I’m happy with his contribution, he is being a great professional for us,” Mourinho stated.

“I know he wants to stay with us, he knows I want him and the club wants him but there is a paper to sign and you only sign it when you are happy with what is in the paper so let’s see what happens.”

That Son from spurs handshakes do my head in. If I was a player before the game id agree and learn his little hand shake then during the game when celebrating I'd look like I was just about to start his little handshake routine but then slap him across the face with the back of my hand and say don't be a bitch.. then maybe do a spinning back kick right to his chest.

I prefer Firmino's celebrations when someone else scores. He's usually doing something mad in the background.

DTmgv4gWsAAE5sC.jpg

Haha that's brilliant.

I posted this on the GF and reminded me of it.

27858034_1832716483415122_64017550655659

Fucking hell. Slam Souness for the S*n, slam him for his lack of managerial skills. All fair dues.

Never ever slack him off for his playing ability. If you do, you never seen him play. He was the ultimate midfielder, if he was playing today, with the world coverage of football he would be lauded as one of the best, if not the best.

He could do anything. He'd tackle your bones of, followed by a wonderful pass or a shot that would break the goalies fingers. That man was a machine.

A mix of Vieira, Keane and Gerrard. He was a monster.

Amazing player : here's some of his best bits.........enjoy

https://youtu.be/0fM5wmUc2Jk

• Upvote 1

A bit of perspective needed on Souness, chaps. Yes, if he were playing today he would potentially be one of the best midfielders in the world.

But the reality is he'd either be suspended for half the season for a series of red cards for violent conduct, or be serving a life sentence for murdering Mourinho by crushing his skull with his bare hands during a live game on Sky.