You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Is it too pop-psychological to wonder whether Shitcoat would resent his players scoring a goal as freeform as Salah and Firmino did today? Praising such virtuosity means less attention on him.

They wouldn’t have his backing to go off script so it wouldn’t have happened, most likely.

Reminds me of a story about Jack Charlton when he was Newcastle manager, where Peter Beardsley scored a late solo goal to make it 2-0 but still got a bollocking in the dressing room for taking the risk.

I get the impression that Mourinho isn’t as arsed about the whole thing as he once was. Hope I’m right.

• Upvote 1

They wouldn’t have his backing to go off script so it wouldn’t have happened, most likely.

Reminds me of a story about Jack Charlton when he was Newcastle manager, where Peter Beardsley scored a late solo goal to make it 2-0 but still got a bollocking in the dressing room for taking the risk.

I get the impression that Mourinho isn’t as arsed about the whole thing as he once was. Hope I’m right.

As much as I can't stand him,i'd say he finds it harder and harder working with the modern player. If Ronaldo was the prototype modern brat in many ways 10 years ago,at least he backed it up with being a dedicated pro who loved the game and had a winner's mentality. Terry was a cunt but a great player who had that mentality as well. He managed loads like that and I think those guys liked his cult of personality and respected that in his day he was a top manager.

Pogba is the new type of player he has to manage and I think he hasn't a clue how to deal with them. All social media bullshit with shite haircuts and stupid dance routines.

Just had a little peep at RedCafe and they're losing patience with Pogba.

Most of them are. Although, some are maintaining that he'll come good and still has enormous potential. Potential. Hmmmm? He's 25...

Also, others are insisting that he's "world class" but just needs another top class ball winner alongside him. And a top class playmaker. Then, these other world class players will help release Pogba's world class abilities that are cruelly being masked because of the players around him..

Erm...if you're a world class midfielder, can't you do all these things that Pogba apparently can't and which they want others brought in to do for him.

He's shite. End of!

• Upvote 1

Most of them are. Although, some are maintaining that he'll come good and still has enormous potential. Potential. Hmmmm? He's 25...

Also, others are insisting that he's "world class" but just needs another top class ball winner alongside him. And a top class playmaker. Then, these other world class players will help release Pogba's world class abilities that are cruelly being masked because of the players around him..

Erm...if you're a world class midfielder, can't you do all these things that Pogba apparently can't and which they want others brought in to do for him.

He's shite. End of!

Some on there discussing the manager's job are also wanting to give it giggsey.  Mental

He's shite. End of!

I've been saying this ever since he came to the PL. I hardly ever saw him for Juve so I was taking it on reputation that he was a fantastic player. I've not been impressed with him pretty much since the first time I saw him. He does have some good games and he's definitely got some talent, he also has flashes of real quality, but that's all it ever seems to be - flashes. But my overriding feeling has always been that he's extremely immature and is far too concerned with looking flashy. 

• Upvote 1

I've been saying this ever since he came to the PL. I hardly ever saw him for Juve so I was taking it on reputation that he was a fantastic player. I've not been impressed with him pretty much since the first time I saw him. He does have some good games and he's definitely got some talent, he also has flashes of real quality, but that's all it ever seems to be - flashes. But my overriding feeling has always been that he's extremely immature and is far too concerned with looking flashy.

Could be talking about Charlie Adam there

• Upvote 2

Pogba is physically a beast. You can see it in most games. He holds people off with ease. He’s also a very good dribbler and long range passer. The thought process is then that he really should be a top player because the rest of the game is learnable and easier, which it is. Positional sense and decision making isn’t something any player is born with. Everybody is taught it. It seems to me that because he’s been physically better than his peers he’s just walked all over them until he’s hit open age. The problem with him now is that he’s fucking clueless because of it but it’s not just that he’s also oblivious to it. He’s had his period at Juve where nobody over here seen him. They’ve dominated the league for years and could afford to carry a young player like that. Even then if you look back at the big games he played in for them like the champions league final he was largely anonymous from what I remember.

All this has now given him an ego and because of that I don’t think he wants to learn. He wants to play in the middle of the pitch but without responsibility. They’ve played against a lot of teams early on where like most of the top teams they’ve just dominated the ball and won because of the sheer quality/money they’ve spent. The season is now hitting the business end and teams are coming up with ways to expose it.

The united fans and pundits are coming up with this theory that he just needs to be let off the leash by putting another centre mid in there. I think they’re kidding themselves. Those positions whether off the striker or in a 3 will still require him to work especially against the top teams and he just doesn’t fancy it.

It’s great to watch from a Liverpool point of view because it’s almost an impossible problem to solve. He’s not going anywhere because they won’t sell a player they’ve spent 90m on and nobody would pay anywhere near that for him now anyway. They are always going to struggle in the big games because of him so it’s a catch 22. It’s honestly comical to watch him ball watching as he ambles back into a position in front of the defence. He clearly doesn’t like Mourinho either but you can’t really blame him for that.

• Upvote 1

Some on there discussing the manager's job are also wanting to give it giggsey.  Mental

How is it mental? If I were given Woodward's job the very first person I'd call to be manager would be Giggs!

Well, after Hodgson, I suppose. He'd be my first choice, but Giggs would be right up there. It'd be great to watch him destroy whatever standing he had among their fans by leading them to consecutive seventh place finishes.

Oh, wait. You mean from THEIR perspective. Right, in that case, it is mental.

• Upvote 1

He is their perfect manager in many ways. They're not a football club they're show business, much the same way as he's just arsed about money and doesn't seem to particularly like football.

You can imagine Klopp getting exited watching a Sunday league game, Mourinho could watch 70s Brazil and still be sat there like a teenager who's just been told he's got to give his nan a kiss or he won't be getting any trainers for Christmas.

• Upvote 2