You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

United have employed David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho since Ferguson retired, yet none of their supporters can figure out why most of their attacking signings fail and they play boring football.

How can their supporters honestly believe that their problems will be solved by spending even more money than the obscene amounts they've already spent? They are comically blinkered.

Guest Pistonbroke

I think he is yesterdays news tbh. What worked at Inter and Chelsea isn't working now and the "Special One" is now a boring self obsessed cunt 

He's in for a huge shock if he goes to PSG and has them parking the bus or playing under par. The French fans don't give a shit about names or reputations. 

With all due respect, I think you're wrong, and as much as I hate the way he gets his teams to set-up they're hard to beat and put a lot of points on the board.

He is a cunt though, and his brand of football HAS to yield trophies at a club like United otherwise he's going to get replaced, because a big club won't put up with defensive football that doesn't deliver trophies for too long.

But...he's in the CL knockout stages, and he won the Europa League last year. 

Yes they are but that's not enough to beat City to the title these days. If we had a defence we would be ahead of them too, Take De Gea out of the team and they are struggling to make top 4.

With all due respect, I think you're wrong, and as much as I hate the way he gets his teams to set-up they're hard to beat and put a lot of points on the board.

He is a cunt though, and his brand of football HAS to yield trophies at a club like United otherwise he's going to get replaced, because a big club won't put up with defensive football that doesn't deliver trophies for too long.

But...he's in the CL knockout stages, and he won the Europa League last year.

Whilst you can only beat what's in front of you they basically had that cup handed to them with the draw they got.

Guest Pistonbroke

And as usual while "milkgate" has been going for three days now the BBC still haven't opened the comments section on their website .

And yet when Klopp was under pressure a few weeks back it was open day for every blert to voice an opinion....

Those HYS sections are just a free for all WUM audition. They also lack the humour of most other forums. 

As usual Mourinho has gotten the media running around going on about the handbags in the tunnel instead of putting to him with all the money he's spent why Man City showed up at Old Trafford and gave them a footballing lesson and Utd only resorted to kicking it long. 

In some ways I'm impressed by how he has the press/media eating out of his hand. 

Then I remember he's a grade A cunt.

• Upvote 1

I keep hearing how much of a great manager he is.

He has won 2 league titles, 1 cup, a Europa league and 2 league cups in the past 7 years while managing Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea. All 3 of these clubs have massive resources. Have those clubs won any less while not under his tenure during this time?

He was an excellent manager who is now a good manager at huge clubs.

If he had that 7 year record at those clubs at the beginning of his career he would not be thought of in the same terms as he currently is.

I keep hearing how much of a great manager he is.

He has won 2 league titles, 1 cup, a Europa league and 2 league cups in the past 7 years while managing Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea. All 3 of these clubs have massive resources. Have those clubs won any less while not under his tenure during this time?

He was an excellent manager who is now a good manager at huge clubs.

If he had that 7 year record at those clubs at the beginning of his career he would not be thought of in the same terms as he currently is.

To be fair, he is a very good manager as winning trophies takes a lot more than just spending money (Obviously it helps!).

He's just a massive cunt as a person.

He's a nob.

Always was.

I've got more time for Mourinho than I have for Guardiola. 

Guardiola wouldn't have achieved what Mourinho did with Porto or Inter. 

He barely got a tune out of City last season, he finished 3 points off 5th.  The first half of the season was terrible, luck seemed to change when you found £27m behind the couch in January and bought Gabriel Jesus. 

Then this season, like magic after spending £198m on 5 players, it all seems to click into place.  Incredible coaching. 

Still don't think you've had a penalty given against you in the league this year.  Bit odd, but ok.

You've also been awarded 4 pens, which is probably par for the course.  Wait, no, it's double what Liverpool or United have been awarded. 

It's a Guardiola love-in, it's a City love-in, it makes the league and the journalists feel all important to curate this team and manager, and all the other clubs are dirty and shit and in the way of Guardiola's genius.  Ref's don't want to ruin the party, just like Clattenberg said about that Spurs game, they go into games with narrative, and at the moment they don't want to be 'the reason' that City fail.  Be it Kompany not getting sent for being the last man, or softly punishing the myriad fouls that City commit to stop teams successfully breaking against them, it's all part of the 2017/18 City title winners procession. 

I'm a crank, obviously.  

Guardiola is much more preferable to Mourinho. Guardiola comes across as a human being - cares about issues in Spain/Catalan, seems more dignified.

With that said, he started with probably the best squad in he Premier League and improved it further with £200M spent tuning it up the way he wanted. And there will be plenty more spent too.

The big difference with Mourinho is Guardiola has more of an attacking way he wants to play, so they are easier on the eye and they have a go. As well they might, with all those riches on display.

Where we factor into that is that we have an eleven that can go toe to toe with Man City, and we would never be cowards like Man Utd. But our downfall is squad depth over the course of the season. When we shuffle the pack the quality drops too much, and there are some obvious deficiencies in the team that have not yet been fixed with the cheque book. Klopp has to get a Bosman here and there and also grow the kids.

We are not paupers but we can’t do it all in one fell swoop, and that’s the big difference with Man City. Guardiola is a good manager, no doubt about it, but it would be interesting to see how he’d fare in Klopps shoes without everything he needs handed to him on a plate.

• Upvote 1

Yeah not like we had what 10 pens the year we were 2nd.

Anecdotes are great, but data is better.

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Premier_League_Penalty_Statistics.html

Top teams in the division, last 10 years, pens awarded in the league:

CITY - 71

CHELSEA - 60

LIVERPOOL - 57

UNITED - 53

ARSENAL - 44

SPURS - 43

Pens given against, last 10 years

CHELSEA - 27

CITY - 30

UNITED - 31

SPURS - 39

LIVERPOOL - 40

ARSENAL - 52

I've got more time for Mourinho than I have for Guardiola. 

Guardiola wouldn't have achieved what Mourinho did with Porto or Inter. 

He barely got a tune out of City last season, he finished 3 points off 5th.  The first half of the season was terrible, luck seemed to change when you found £27m behind the couch in January and bought Gabriel Jesus. 

Then this season, like magic after spending £198m on 5 players, it all seems to click into place.  Incredible coaching. 

Still don't think you've had a penalty given against you in the league this year.  Bit odd, but ok.

You've also been awarded 4 pens, which is probably par for the course.  Wait, no, it's double what Liverpool or United have been awarded. 

It's a Guardiola love-in, it's a City love-in, it makes the league and the journalists feel all important to curate this team and manager, and all the other clubs are dirty and shit and in the way of Guardiola's genius.  Ref's don't want to ruin the party, just like Clattenberg said about that Spurs game, they go into games with narrative, and at the moment they don't want to be 'the reason' that City fail.  Be it Kompany not getting sent for being the last man, or softly punishing the myriad fouls that City commit to stop teams successfully breaking against them, it's all part of the 2017/18 City title winners procession. 

I'm a crank, obviously.  

This is complete guff.