You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Haha, to be honest I did not know that, but he did grow up as a Liverpool supporter, thats not up for debate. 

Yup. He was a paid up memeber of his local supporter’s club, wasn’t he? Even at the time he went to United.

Christ it doesn't take them long does it? Chatting to a few mancs in the office and they're coming back up the hill again. The similarity with the bitters is growing on a daily basis. Apparently his limited and disastrous stint at Cardiff doesn't count and being a successful manager of a Norwegian club is more than adequate proof that he'll have the mancs flying again. Don't rule out a top 4 finish or winning the CL apparently.

26 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yup. He was a paid up memeber of his local supporter’s club, wasn’t he? Even at the time he went to United.

Yes thats true.

Looking at that picture again though, that photoshop is actually terrible, how did I miss that?

• Upvote 2

Reportedly the Mancs are now talking with Paul Mitchell, the former Southampton DOF, for their Director of Football position.

Can't see them getting both him and Pochettino, if that's true. They had a fairly prickly relationship at Southampton if memory serves. Plus Poch resisted pretty hard when Levy made noises about hiring a DOF, I don't think he likes to share power.

Either way, it would be nice for us if Woodward appointed the long-term manager first (or at least picked him) and then the DOF. Good way to continue throwing away piles of money as the recruitment people are divided into two camps, as we would know very well.

• Upvote 2

This is just a temp fix. Don't know why people are surprised. They've already got the likes of Henry Winter starting how Pochittino is the right man starting the press campaign. They want a director of football to so they need that in place before the manager. 

The season is fucked for them anyway. Its all about getting the big names onside again. So fully expect Sanchez and Pogba back in the fold. Reckon Lukaku might be in the man looking in. 

Martial will get tied down so I reckon is Sanchez, Rashford and Martial up top. Pogba back in the middle. 

No point in getting a experienced manager in to see out 20 odd games. 

I have been holding out hope of the chubby hamster knocking them back for Madrid, but to be fair he had ample chance last summer and didn’t go for it. Perhaps he doesn’t fancy that job.

I fail to see how leading Spurs out at their new stadium for the first time is that big a box to tick on his career wish-list. That’s all it could be if he’d be prepared to leave next summer but absolutely wouldn’t have done during this.

Got a strong feeling it will be him. Hopefully they louse up the DoF appointment and squander his potential by setting them at odds with each other as per Ne Moe.

Just had a look on a spurs forum because I'm bored and seen this.

"Man U is a smaller club. Simple as that. The cunts on here who measure football clubs by their market capitalisation have never played the game and now have no relevance on here."

Are all football fans completely deluded. On what level anywhere are spurs a bigger club than the mancs. 

‘You don’t have to be...  ...to be...  ...but they are...’ seems to be the modern day delusion amongst fans who feel a sense of entitlement. You only have to look at the match thread for Friday on the Wolves forum. With a few realistic exceptions we’ve been relegated to the role of cannon fodder to be blown away three or four nil.