You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

8 minutes ago, dick sack said:

Anyone else think he was subtly inferring that Robertson may have been on performance enhancing drugs or have the years of drug abuse finally caught up with me?

I just find it hard to believe any of his comments are genuinely complimentary without there being an insidious snide agenda lurking somewhere behind them...

If you want clarification then you need to ask a Blueshite taxi driver.

I agree with Lee. I think he was just calling his players lazy bastards in a roundabout way. Getting sacked before it’s mathematically impossible to get top four is worth about £9m to him. And he’s doing his best to provoke the Utd hierarchy.

40 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

He looked like he was suffering from shellshock in his post-match interview. Utterly bewildered, like a man who has just been mugged by reality. Maybe it is finally dawning on him just how inept he has become.

He's a dead man walking, and will (like Moyes was) be sacked the instant his side can no longer qualify for the top four.

He will have £20 m in his bin to ease the pain.  Cunt

Just another way of saying “How could ANYONE compete with them with what I have at my disposal?”

Subtitled: Wasn’t a fair fight, therefore the tactical wizard hasn’t really been outperformed.

That these sort of lines are being used nowadays is certainly a sign of the times for his career and indicator of an extreme desperation to deflect blame, but I wouldn’t take a syllable of it as genuine.

27 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Why is Lukaku pretending to be that lower league striker Akinfenwa?. He's put on so much muscle he can barely run and still gets bullied by Van Dijk, even Mane shoved him into an offside position when they had that free kick in the first half.

Lukaku has to shoulder some responsibility for his sluggishness and lack of game improvement, but it's telling that only Bobby Brown Shoes has ever been able to get any consistency out of him. His goalscoring figures have actually been very good over the last 4-5 years, but his overall performances were more consistent under the Spaniard at Everton, and he's been able to replicate that form with Belgium under the same manager. Martinez doesn't isolate Lukaku, instead ensuring that players such as Hazard, Mertens, Carrasco etc are always buzzing around the target man. Mourinho keeps his wider attackers like Martial, Sanchez and Rashford too far away from goal so they are less able to link up.

I think I read ithere yesterday where someone claimed that Lukaku has been found out because he isn't physically overpowering opponents like he was able to in youth sides to stand out, because he was bigger than most of them. I'm not sure it was ever the case with him. You could definitely say that about Freddie Adu who found it tough going when outside his comfort zone of dominating less physically developed players at youth level.

10 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Seems like Lukaku has been looking at Philly’s artwork....

They say the best players carry a picture around with them, a flashing radar screen of every other moving part on the pitch. On a cold, wet, merciless day at Anfield Lukaku seemed to be carrying a picture of something else altogether, a game of noughts and crosses perhaps or a hastily sketched pencil drawing of a hamster.

2 hours ago, dick sack said:

Anyone else think he was subtly inferring that Robertson may have been on performance enhancing drugs or have the years of drug abuse finally caught up with me?

I just find it hard to believe any of his comments are genuinely complimentary without there being an insidious snide agenda lurking somewhere behind them...

Given who we’re talking about, there’s definitely an ulterior motive in whatever he says. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s inferring something like what you’re suggesting. 

More likely he’s taking a swipe at his own players, though, particularly whatever grock they have at left-back by praising his opponent in the same positon. 

Could also be taking a swipe at his own physios, other medical staff and nutritionists.

Anybody but himself. 

4 hours ago, dick sack said:

Naw, I'm pretty sure throwing his own players under the bus makes shitcoat hard.

I was initially a bit annoyed at the concentration on Utd and Mourinho's deficiencies in the media, but thinking about it, I'm actually quite pleased we're not getting massive hype and can keep focussed on what we're doing rather than getting carried away. It's also great seeing the shoeing Mourinho and Utd as a whole are getting these days, they're a total mess.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I was initially a bit annoyed at the concentration on Utd and Mourinho's deficiencies in the media, but thinking about it, I'm actually quite pleased we're not getting massive hype and can keep focussed on what we're doing rather than getting carried away. It's also great seeing the shoeing Mourinho and Utd as a whole are getting these days, they're a total mess.

How very dare you.  He is a serial winner not backed by the board he needs lots more time and  money.