You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

42 minutes ago, Ginny said:

Ffs does my head in this cunt. Wish he’d fuck off 

Sad thing is there is nowhere for him to go now Courtois has gone to Madrid

Only thing that could change that would be PSG when Buffon retires they go for Oblak or him and i reckon Oblak will be easy to get 

Damn shame as they would be fighting Leicester and Everton for 7th without him 

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Sad thing is there is nowhere for him to go now Courtois has gone to Madrid

Only thing that could change that would be PSG when Buffon retires they go for Oblak or him and i reckon Oblak will be easy to get 

Damn shame as they would be fighting Leicester and Everton for 7th without him 

Wouldn't rule out Madrid being sneaky here,  get Courtois cheap, buy De Gea for cheap or free and then clean up on Courtois. 

The state of this.

“They play like I like to play, which is like the World Cup final,” the manager said. “That is the attitude I like my teams to have in every match. We didn’t have that. This is something you learn when you are a kid in the academy. You don’t need experiences at the highest level to learn that. It is a basic law of football.”

The greatness that is Ian Wright:

"If I was a businessman, I'd see how it goes for the rest of the season then look to offload," Wright said.

(If you were a businessman Ian, you would be shite. If you was a businessman, well....)

"It's because of the wages he's on."

Yip

The Chile international impressed on his debut for United, in the FA Cup against Yeovil last January, but has since delivered mixed performances, scoring only three goals in 23 appearances.

Wright told 5 live's Monday Night Club: "For me, right now, if United had paid money for him they'd be thinking: 'How are we going to get that back?'

Luckily they didn't Mr. Businessman but they aren't getting back Micky Harry One.

"Sanchez will have to take a hit on his weekly wage [if he joins another club]. Nobody will pay a fee for him, because of the way he's playing."

Two of the things that will not be happening here.

Man Utd: Jose Mourinho says Paul Pogba will not captain club again

By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

• From the sectionMan Utd
Paul Pogba
Pogba has captained United this season in the absence of defender Antonio Valencia.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has told Paul Pogba he will not captain the club again because of concerns about the midfielder's attitude.

Pogba was told of the decision before Tuesday's Carabao Cup tie with Derby.

Mourinho has attempted to underline his authority after an error by Pogba led to Wolves' equaliser at Old Trafford on Saturday and the player's subsequent comments criticising United's tactics.

Pogba, 25, tried to play down his comments in a tweet on Monday.

In his programme notes for Tuesday's game with Derby, Mourinho said he was unhappy with some members of his squad.

"[The game against Wolves was] an important lesson; a lesson that I repeat week after week after week, a lesson that some boys are not learning," he said.

"Every team that play Manchester United are playing the game of their lives, and we need to match that level of aggression, motivation and desire - 95% isn't enough when others give 101%."

Following last Saturday's 1-1 draw, Pogba said the wanted the team to be able to "attack, attack, attack" at Old Trafford.

"We are at home and we should play much better against Wolves. We are here to attack," said the France World Cup winner.

"When we play like [that] it's easier for us."

Pogba - who rejoined the club from Juventus for a then world record £89m in 2016 - fell out of favour at United last season and suggested he was dissatisfied with life at Old Trafford.

France boss Didier Deschamps recently said the perception of Pogba as "individualistic" was inaccurate, and that his midfielder was misunderstood by fans and the media.

Analysis - who will walk through United exit?

This feels like a significant moment for Manchester United.

It has been obvious for a while that Paul Pogba does not see eye-to-eye with the man responsible for paying a club record £89m to sign him from Juventus. It has also been clear for a while that Barcelona are keen on him.

Now, Jose Mourinho has opened the door.

But the big question is, which one of them will go through it?

Letting Pogba go would be viewed as a monumental failure for Mourinho and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward given it is only a few months since the player impressed as France won the World Cup.

The alternative is to stick with him, but that would almost certainly mean Mourinho's position had become untenable given he was also blocked from signing the players he wanted in the summer.

image.gif