You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

In the pantheon of awful Brazilian footballers called Fred, there's a new contender in town.

Apparently the fee for Fred was around £52M. You get to buy one player for 50M+ and you choose to buy that?

All the good ones on the top shelf taken, let’s look at the next shelf shall we? Sound familiar?

• Upvote 2

Just wonder if that attacking approach yesterday was really coming from shitcoat, or did someone force him?

I mean their defensive control were totally absent. He’s shit, he’s yesterdays football and all that, but he does know how to set up a defense. Far from it yesterday so I just wonder.

The good thing is that the players ran their asses off yesterday so they clearly haven't quit on him. Usually that's when owners will pull the trigger but there is no real evidence on the pitch that they don't want to play for him.

They just look completely disorganised and have no style, but as long as the players don't visibly stop caring he can sell the fact that they could improve. Hopefully that means he'll stay till the end of the season.

It's always all about Mourinho.

That petulant press conference last night showed it. He was apparently sticking up for himself against the press. But, in demanding respect, he was actually quite disrespectful to the other managers in the league, effectively saying that he's won the Premier League more than them so he's boss and they're shit.

While I'm not arsed about them, he was also disrespectful towards United fans and the club in his decision to play Ander Herrera in a back 3, particularly when he doesn't usually play 3 at the back and when he had a defender (allegedly!) on the bench in Lindelof. The team selection was all about Mourinho. A public display of petulance and dissatisfaction at the board for failing to get him a centre back this summer, despite him already spending north of £60m on a couple of them already. Fuck the result. Fuck an important 3 points against a team who they might be competing with for a top 4 place. It stunk of Mourinho trying to prove a point.

Burnley and Watford away are next for them. Two potentially tough games. They could effectively be out of the title discussion by the end of September.

• Upvote 2

I absolutely love Zizou and it’s class he has 3 European Cups from his 3 seasons in management, but it’s almost certainly an anomaly. From his POV I personally hope he never manages again so he can just point to that record and smile, rather than risk proving it was bolstered unrealistically.

If he starts taking new jobs on it can surely only dim from there, and accepting this United one would be madness without a proper managerial apprenticeship. The job he was required to do at Madrid and what would be required at United are currently so far apart as to be comical.

Look at the difference in what he’d inherit. Apart from the imbalance in United’s squad, where are the self-managing senior pros like Ramos and Ronaldo who will help drag them along, a la the Chelsea of Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba etc during their endless managerial sackings?

With the funds United have and their global standing it’s certainly a job which can be done very successfully if taken on in the right way, by a savvy appointment with a joined-up modern approach behind the scenes. It’s a long way from certain Zidane would be that man. He’s not close to having shown he can rebuild a squad and manage the sort of job required there.

Big risk, which if Mourinho goes I hope they take over going for someone like Pocettinho.

I'm relieved that Ancelotti is now at Napoli and not still available.

The good thing is that their attitude is what is holding them back. If Klopp had gone there he'd have been up against it, they'd have been demanding household names be brought in and you'd start getting shit like "it's too big a leap going from a club like Dortmund to the biggest club in the world".

They'll want a Hollywood manager and to be honest I can't think of any, not these days.

The good thing is that their attitude is what is holding them back. If Klopp had gone there he'd have been up against it, they'd have been demanding household names be brought in and you'd start getting shit like "it's too big a leap going from a club like Dortmund to the biggest club in the world".

They'll want a Hollywood manager and to be honest I can't think of any, not these days.

Robert Duvall?