You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

They really don't, it''s De Gea that's the difference maker. They have a bend don't break defense and give up tons of shots. We're not far behind them defensively. 

Take away conceding nine away to Spurs and City and we'd have an almost identical goals conceded record to them. I know it doesn't work like that it's not like we're consistently conceding more goals in games than they are.

From AS match report in Spain: it was done with pure football against Mourinho’s troglodyte model, in which so much money has been invested so that De Gea can hoof a long ball towards Fellaini and Lukaku. Sevilla won and so did football”.

From Marca: The general opinion of this team that was once respectable and no longer is has plummeted. It’s an unattractive, fearful team, rich in resources but lamentable in its play,” he added. “Mourinho is starting to look like a washed-up rock star, one of those guys that goes around holiday hotels for pensioners playing old hits on an organ with the base and the percussion playing on a tape recorder.”

• Upvote 4

Step up the Spanish press

The Spanish media found itself pointing the finger at an familiar face, Sport insisting: “Mourinho is living on the past.” On a night like this “fear took everyone but none quite like Mourinho”, El Mundo Deportivo said. “All those millions, unused,” lamented El País, who talked of “a huge display of football from Sevilla against a Manchester United who are millionaires but misers; so much money, so poor”.

In AS, the editorial called this “one of Sevilla’s biggest feats, at the historic and venerable Old Trafford, [one] that will be written into history for ever, and it was done with pure football against Mourinho’s troglodyte model, in which so much money has been invested so that De Gea can hoof a long ball towards Fellaini and Lukaku. Sevilla won and so did football”.

“You pay for meanness in the end,” wrote Roberto Palomar in Marca. “And Manchester United is a walking monument to mean spiritedness. Poor, miserable, they had everything in their favour to go through … and it was Sevilla that went through.”

“The general opinion of this team that was once respectable and no longer is has plummeted. It’s an unattractive, fearful team, rich in resources but lamentable in its play,” he added. “Mourinho is starting to look like a washed-up rock star, one of those guys that goes around holiday hotels for pensioners playing old hits on an organ with the base and the percussion playing on a tape recorder.”

Went over to redcafe to see what the response was to the Mourinho "I knocked United out of Europe twice" comments (many have finally turned on him as a result, going to be tough for him to win the fans back now) and came across this gem about their transfer strategy:

13/14: Mata. "This will be the catalyst to push Moyes' team on." Nope.

14/15: Di Maria, Falcao, Herrera, Blind, Shaw, Rojo. "Fecking incredible window. United are back!" Nope.

15/16: Martial, Depay, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Darmian. "The midfield is finally sorted. This is it." Nope.

16/17: Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan, Bailly. "Stuff of dreams. Fifa-esque transfer window. We're back to the elite." Nope.

17/18: Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof. "Excellent window. Spine of the team hugely strengthened! Wait, Sanchez?! Watch out, Europe!" Nope.

It does not matter who we buy, we are in the European B tier now.
  • Upvote 3

Wish people would leave mourinho alone. Dont want them fuckers to end up getting a good attacking manager with the insane resources they have at hand.

Oh, I'm a big fan as well.

Maybe we should band together to raise enough money to fly a plane over OT next game that says "Leave Jose Mourinho Alone!"

I dont think we should be too triumphant just yet. We could easily be dispatched by Seville in the next round.

Why fucking bother. It doesn't matter what happens in the next round. It doesn't matter who is the better side. Today was a day for accidentally bumping into the same cunts who accidentally bumped into me after Saturday. Their joy was short lived. Thank fuck.

The day I can't piss myself laughing at them gormless smug cunts getting fucked is the day I wrap it up. Double that delight with that dog manager making a cunt of himself during and after the game.

Otherwise what is the point.

• Upvote 6

Why fucking bother. It doesn't matter what happens in the next round. It doesn't matter who is the better side. Today was a day for accidentally bumping into the same cunts who accidentally bumped into me after Saturday. Their joy was short lived. Thank fuck.

The day I can't piss myself laughing at them gormless smug cunts getting fucked is the day I wrap it up. Double that delight with that dog manager making a cunt of himself during and after the game.

Otherwise what is the point.

This. A lad in work always hot desks near us, straight over first thing Monday giving it big guns. Today? Thought he was working off site until I seen him sat with the accounts girls mid morning.

• Upvote 2

The last three paragraphs in this article(the last being pretty well ace) just about sum him, and them, up. Great read.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/14/so-much-money-so-poor-spanish-press-manchester-united-sevilla-champions-league

In AS, the editorial called this “one of Sevilla’s biggest feats, at the historic and venerable Old Trafford, [one] that will be written into history for ever, and it was done with pure football against Mourinho’s troglodyte model, in which so much money has been invested so that De Gea can hoof a long ball towards Fellaini and Lukaku. Sevilla won and so did football”.

“You pay for meanness in the end,” wrote Roberto Palomar in Marca. “And Manchester United is a walking monument to mean spiritedness. Poor, miserable, they had everything in their favour to go through … and it was Sevilla that went through.”

“The general opinion of this team that was once respectable and no longer is has plummeted. It’s an unattractive, fearful team, rich in resources but lamentable in its play,” he added. “Mourinho is starting to look like a washed-up rock star, one of those guys that goes around holiday hotels for pensioners playing old hits on an organ with the base and the percussion playing on a tape recorder.”

• Upvote 2

Went over to redcafe to see what the response was to the Mourinho "I knocked United out of Europe twice" comments (many have finally turned on him as a result, going to be tough for him to win the fans back now) and came across this gem about their transfer strategy:

13/14: Mata. "This will be the catalyst to push Moyes' team on." Nope.

14/15: Di Maria, Falcao, Herrera, Blind, Shaw, Rojo. "Fecking incredible window. United are back!" Nope.

15/16: Martial, Depay, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Darmian. "The midfield is finally sorted. This is it." Nope.

16/17: Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Mkhitaryan, Bailly. "Stuff of dreams. Fifa-esque transfer window. We're back to the elite." Nope.

17/18: Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof. "Excellent window. Spine of the team hugely strengthened! Wait, Sanchez?! Watch out, Europe!" Nope.

Add in Victor Valdes another high profile name flop for them.

Their players are not the problem, they have some very good players, it's their useless cunt of a manager. All he know how to do is set up a defence and sign a big lump up front. The worst thing for utd is they could have bought attacking players for half the price and they would probably not be much worse off. I hope their board don't get wise to the fact you sign the right player and not players to appease the fans.