You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

The Sanchez signing is a direct byproduct of being managed by Mou Mou. It's an attempt to win at all costs in the short term, disguised as "ambition". In reality, it's desperation. 

Why else would a club cave in to Alexis' ridiculous demands? Bayern could've signed him in the summer and didn't. Heck, even Man City seemed offended at what him and his party were asking. 

The Sanchez signing is a direct byproduct of being managed by Mou Mou. It's an attempt to win at all costs in the short term, disguised as "ambition". In reality, it's desperation. 

Why else would a club cave in to Alexis' ridiculous demands? Bayern could've signed him in the summer and didn't. Heck, even Man City seemed offended at what him and his party were asking. 

I don't like Mourinho and I'm not that arsed about Sanchez, but I'd like to have seen a few more attempts to win at all costs in the short term from us over the last 28 years.

The Sanchez deal is actually being reported now as £14m AFTER TAX, which is about £500k/week before tax.

Remarkable. I know United have money to burn, but it's a very good thing for us that they enjoy setting it on fire so much instead of using it wisely. Sanchez is going to be very good for a year or two, then mediocre, and then pretty crap for the 4.5 years of that deal. Long-term it looks absolutely ridiculous. He'll be costing them £25m/year when he's 34.

Plus what does it do to the rest of their team? What will De Gea ask for now? He'll surely be after similar wages - after all, he's far more important to their team than Sanchez!

Daft short-termism. Long may Mourinho reign, I say.

They are exceptionally rich and can afford world class so how can you criticise a team for trying to win the league?  Mourinho wins everywhere and can get a clean sheet anywhere.  If he sorts out the attack, they will win the league if city have a slight blip.  I expect City to have a hangover next year and I would make Utd favourites.

However, i expect he will leave them in a massive mess and their next appointment is huge but i would have taken a title in 1995 and then a bit of a mess later!

Not all that different from them signing Van Persie in my opinion

They are exceptionally rich and can afford world class so how can you criticise a team for trying to win the league?  Mourinho wins everywhere and can get a clean sheet anywhere.  If he sorts out the attack, they will win the league if city have a slight blip.  I expect City to have a hangover next year and I would make Utd favourites.

However, i expect he will leave them in a massive mess and their next appointment is huge but i would have taken a title in 1995 and then a bit of a mess later!

They're going to pay a 29 year old who was a second banana at best at Barca and did nothing of significance at Arsenal 400k a week. 

It's stupid whichever way you want to look at it. 

• Upvote 1

Daft short-termism. Long may Mourinho reign, I say.

Guess it depends on your definition of short term - its probably no crazier than the idea of us building a 5 year plan around Salah for instance.

I think three years nowadays at top clubs is looked at as a complete cycle. Klopp got a rolling start as we were not in very good shape but probably is now into that same cycle. By that I mean if we do not win some significant stuff in the next two years who will be surprised when our top players look to move on. And by then people will certainly be grumbling that Klopp cant get it done.

Just seen this - are they mad? Just mean more compensation they'll have to pay him when they sack him! He must be laughing all the way to the bank

I bet you he isn't.  He'd have to dig deep into the old muscle memory bank just to remember how to smile.

He makes Ryan Giggs look like Terry Titter.

• Upvote 1

They're going to pay a 29 year old who was a second banana at best at Barca and did nothing of significance at Arsenal 400k a week. 

It's stupid whichever way you want to look at it. 

He scored 30 goals last season. I think that probably just about qualifies as significant.

United are signing one of the best players in the league. I'm not sure it's really cause for celebration for us.

He scored 30 goals last season. I think that probably just about qualifies as significant.

United are signing one of the best players in the league. I'm not sure it's really cause for celebration for us.

The fact that hes not been great for a while and is also a moody fucker represents a bit of a risk still. I'd also say that United's back line is also a bit shit and could have done with strengthening.

No I didn’t want him to go to them, short term he’ll make them stronger. Could be harder for us to get above them in the league. Long term it is crazy money and could well unsettle the others

• Upvote 1

Neither the manager or the club seemingly give a fuck about the long-term and, sadly, they're a long way off it mattering.

It will matter

If they don't win the league next year the pressure will be HUGE on Mourinho, 3 years, no title and will have probably spent £500-700 million trying. Add to that his shit style of football and i would say he could be a goner if they don't win it.

Also, should they not win it, existing players will still want pay rises, new players will still want crazy wages to join. Contracts getting run down by players, no re-sale value, buying clubs unable to afford the wages to help them offload the dross (we've been there many times)

I know they make shit loads of cash but it could easily go wrong for them. Even Barca struggled with Neymar, Messi, Saurez's wages. It did become a problem for them when contracts were up for renewal. Same with Madrid and Ronaldo. The bottomless pit does run dry for clubs who make they're cash through revenue (unlike the oil clubs)

Saying all that Sanchez is a good player, unfortunately, it does make a Mourinho team stronger because he needs a magician type player to make his shit defensive system work. He needs a player who can beat 2 or 3 men at a time to allow the midfield to get up the pitch from such a deep position. He had that in Hazard, Ronaldo, Drogba, Robben etc

I hope the fuckers implode though. With City, Chelsea, Spurs and us around this huge spending in wages could easily catch up with the cunts. Especially if they don't win the title soon. 

Got to laugh at all the mancs crying online that the full cost of the Sanchez deal getting highlighted.

Moaning that only VVD transfer fee was and no city overall costs

Its a agenda against them and Mourinho

Nothing to do with them trying to out soend everyone or paying a guy 13ml after tax and pushing up wages for everyone.

I do like them all saying its great not my money get as much as they can out the Glaziers pockets

Watch them all moan about costs of watching football soon