You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

Guest Pistonbroke

His unluckiest team in the league comment is just the icing on the cake, what a fucking waste of skin that cunt is.

Plus Rooney banging on about his treatment being a disgrace, fucking cheek of the cunt.

Man United are slowly becoming a laughing stock. 

1-1 a good result. Keeps them 6 points off top four, but there was enough hope there in the performance for them to think they will be OK. Maybe they will be, I don't know; but what I do know is that I don't want a total meltdown and a firing, not yet. If it implodes too quickly they can rectify it.

The ideal situation is they stay hopeful for top four all season, that he keep moaning and dragging everyone at the club into his vortex of dysfunction, but ultimately they just miss out on top four and have to play UEFA Cup football in the back end of beyond next season (obviously don't want them winning it, this season or next).

They will back him with more money and then he will do it all over again.

Then, after two full seasons of Mourinho they will have spent hundreds of millions and will still be sitting outside the top four. He will have been backed and will have caused all sorts of turmoil inside the corridors of that club.

That's what I'd like to see. Obviously it goes without saying that it would be so much better again if in that time frame we win the title playing the best football and winning the hearts of neutrals and making new fans the world over.

• Upvote 3

1-1 a good result. Keeps them 6 points off top four, but there was enough hope there in the performance for them to think they will be OK. Maybe they will be, I don't know; but what I do know is that I don't want a total meltdown and a firing, not yet. If it implodes too quickly they can rectify it.

Not sure about the bit in bold to be honest.

I said that about Moyes - they sacked him, the problems continued.  I said it about van Gaal - they sacked him, the problems continued.  Now we're saying it about Mourinho, but it's harder to make the case that it's down to him with his CV.

I think the problems there are systemic and going to repeat themselves no matter who the manager is.  Pochettino would be the best choice for them but if he went there and then Woodward went out and spent megabucks on over-the-hill players who don't want to press, they'd be right back where they started.

Now if the owners came in and cleaned house in upper management and replaced them with a well-respected DOF like Monchi or Zorc, well, then I'd be worried.

• Upvote 1

Not sure about the bit in bold to be honest.

I said that about Moyes - they sacked him, the problems continued.  I said it about van Gaal - they sacked him, the problems continued.  Now we're saying it about Mourinho, but it's harder to make the case that it's down to him with his CV.

I think the problems there are systemic and going to repeat themselves no matter who the manager is.  Pochettino would be the best choice for them but if he went there and then Woodward went out and spent megabucks on over-the-hill players who don't want to press, they'd be right back where they started.

Now if the owners came in and cleaned house in upper management and replaced them with a well-respected DOF like Monchi or Zorc, well, then I'd be worried.

You might be right, but two decades of their sustained success, both on and off the pitch, has left me wounded. I'm wary of someone coming in to fix it. 

I look at their squad and I still see a lot of good players, even if some of them are over the hill and way overpaid. With the right manager I could see them rectifying the mess rather quickly. Hopefully you are right and the problems go way deeper than that, but it's best to be sure. Mourinho can continue to suck the life out of them for the next two years - not completely imploding, but doing just well enough to keep them hopeful...

Then in two years, after fortunes have been spent and their income streams have been hit hard, and their debt level has gone through the roof, it dawns on all of them that they are perennial also-rans. A UEFA Cup team, though never actually threatening to win it.

While that happens to them we win the Premier League and go from strength to strength. 

You might be right, but two decades of their sustained success, both on and off the pitch, has left me wounded. I'm wary of someone coming in to fix it. 

I look at their squad and I still see a lot of good players, even if some of them are over the hill and way overpaid. With the right manager I could see them rectifying the mess rather quickly. Hopefully you are right and the problems go way deeper than that, but it's best to be sure. Mourinho can continue to suck the life out of them for the next two years - not completely imploding, but doing just well enough to keep them hopeful...

Then in two years, after fortunes have been spent and their income streams have been hit hard, and their debt level has gone through the roof, it dawns on all of them that they are perennial also-rans. A UEFA Cup team, though never actually threatening to win it.

While that happens to them we win the Premier League and go from strength to strength. 

Agree with most of that, The summary is really that Mourinho is not the man for that job,

They want a new dynasty and Mourinho is a quick fix merchant, spends a fortune, won't buy players that can develop and it's all a about a couple of trophies and then off,

United wanted to fall in love again and have got themselves a one night stand, 

• Upvote 1