You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

Guest Pistonbroke

So what does everyone think of Celtic's chances in the group stages? 

Just caught up with the Draw, they are going to get annihilated. 

Just caught up with the Draw, they are going to get annihilated.

Doesn't matter, at this point it's about experience and accumulating money to improve the team and make sure they qualify again next year.

Then they repeat the process, invest wisely and repeat it again.

Once they're consistently qualifying and the level of player they sign increases they can look at progressing.

People forget that despite the name Celtic are shopping in the lower end of the premier league but more often than not the champio ship in terms of level of player.

Well im sure the Celtic owners will enjoy the windfall as they wint invest fuck all into the team. Why bother when they can ein the league each year without spending

They ll have to spend to compete with rangers each year.

At the moment that celtic team looks weak as piss when you look at the team they had 13 years ago with larsson Sutton hartson in it.

How long before they have a team as strong as that again.

They are capable of beating anyone at parkhead. Tony Watt v Barcelona for example.

Well im sure the Celtic owners will enjoy the windfall as they wint invest fuck all into the team. Why bother when they can ein the league each year without spending

Bang on mate. I watched the Celtic game with my mate the other night instead of our game v Burton. Terrible performance, typical of Celtic away in Europe. The Isreal side played boss to be fair and Celtic were very lucky. Rodgers made some baffling changes as well. My mate half way through the second half went 'we need to scrape through here its worth 20 odd million'. I laughed and reminded him that all the money the club bring in from Europe, TV rights, sponsorship, season tickets, merchandise.... barely gets touched when it comes to investing in the team. Even the area around the ground is shite. The club has fucking millions but the owners line their own pockets.Its like the dark days of the Kelly Boys and what they called the 'Biscuit tin'. Celtic are run by cunts. The club and fans deserve better. Im surprised a bigger deal ins't made of it either because we hardly pay big wages. Where does the money go? Fucking disgrace how that club is ran. 

That said, made up with the draw, another 'Watt' night against Barca would be boss and giving City a bloody nose would be nice too. Cant expect to get out of the group though. 3rd and a tilt at Europa is the best we can hope for. The league is more important. Good start so far. Old firm in a few weeks. lets see how Rodgers copes then. He wont know whats fucking hit him. 

Brendan Rodgers on Joe Hart...

“Liverpool is a great club and if his future is not at Manchester City and he’s got the chance to go to Liverpool then I’m sure it is something that he would look at seriously.

“You’ve got Simon there and the goalkeeper they brought in who is injured but I’ve always rated Joe – I think he is an outstanding keeper.

“His close friend James Milner is there as well – ‘Milly’ and Joe are very close.

“It will be interesting because it’s a great club and if he is to go there then it would be a great move for Joe.”

Brendan Rodgers on Joe Hart...

“Liverpool is a great club and if his future is not at Manchester City and he’s got the chance to go to Liverpool then I’m sure it is something that he would look at seriously.

“You’ve got Simon there and the goalkeeper they brought in who is injured but I’ve always rated Joe – I think he is an outstanding keeper.

“His close friend James Milner is there as well – ‘Milly’ and Joe are very close.

“It will be interesting because it’s a great club and if he is to go there then it would be a great move for Joe.”

I opened this thread for something like this. 

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic result yesterday. Made up for him he is getting hero treatment up there after the start to the season. Will walk the league. I was worried after the imps defeat but the manner Celtic tore them cunts apart yesterday was a joy to behold. Barton was dog shit and all.

250893127a104a85b7352d2ad4e6d62a.jpg

d26d4317948ef72d215bd55f907920f7.jpg

sent from Turdseyes maa's bedroom

He is a beast. Be interesting to see how Rodgers accommodates both him.and Griffiths when he has been going with one up front.

sent from Turdseyes maa's bedroom

He does indeed look a beast, those lot couldn't deal with him at all.

Weren't we supposed to be looking at him when he was at Fulham?

He does indeed look a beast, those lot couldn't deal with him at all.

Weren't we supposed to be looking at him when he was at Fulham?

He turned premier league clubs down because he wanted to go somewhere and improve first. He'll bang them in up there and nice little bonus of CL football against city barca and monchengladbach.

• Upvote 1