You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

Guest Pistonbroke

He mentioned himself that he had top offers on the table since being sacked from us, I don't believe any of that bull shit for one second, why the fuck would you choose Celtic if you had top offers being made? He probably turned down Villa. 

He mentioned himself that he had top offers on the table since being sacked from us, I don't believe any of that bull shit for one second, why the fuck would you choose Celtic if you had top offers being made? He probably turned down Villa. 

He's hardly going to say "I've been offered some shitty jobs I wouldn't touch with yours, mate".

He's hardly going to say "I've been offered some shitty jobs I wouldn't touch with yours, mate".

The Villa job is a better one than the Celtic one, at least you can prove yourself there. Scottish football is a wasteland, he has to win everything or he's a failure.

Getting Villa promoted is a bigger achievement than winning Celtic the league in a one team division.

Guest Pistonbroke

Maybe's he shouldn't have said anything then, not like he's not renowned for talking crap. 

I always said Rodgers would be in the champions league and he would win a title this season or next.

Hahaha fucking brilliant.

Forget the points, look at the goal difference for a real impression of the difficulty:

a244a4c.jpg

There's a bloke who sits outside Victoria Station in Manchester every day holding half a Starbuck's cup and begging for loose change.  I'm pretty sure he could secure them a top two finish next season at worst.

I actually came here immediately on seeing the news just for Stig's reaction, anticipating teacups flying around but after reading it I realised I'd forgotten to take account of the fact that I've drank in pubs whose teams would probably have a decent shout at top half of the table.  So yeah, he probably will do just fine there.

• Upvote 1

The Villa job is a better one than the Celtic one, at least you can prove yourself there. Scottish football is a wasteland, he has to win everything or he's a failure.

Getting Villa promoted is a bigger achievement than winning Celtic the league in a one team division.

One begs to differ.  He's already had Swansea promoted so has that on his CV.  There's no value in him going back to the Championship whereas at Celtic he has a great chance of adding trophies to his name.

Guest Pistonbroke

Okay.  For the record I think you're stupid, too.  

No problems, just hope you never ever discuss a manager or player talking crap again, I wouldn't want your hypocritical meter going off the scale. 

Hahaha fucking brilliant.

Forget the points, look at the goal difference for a real impression of the difficulty:

a244a4c.jpg

There's a bloke who sits outside Victoria Station in Manchester every day holding half a Starbuck's cup and begging for loose change. I'm pretty sure he could secure them a top two finish next season at worst.

He probably did manage a top flight Scottish team at some point in his life.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Granted, but it's still better than being Aston Villa's manager.  Anything is.

Maybe's now, but the offer (if it was made from Villa as it is only speculation) would have been around the time they sacked Sherwood. Plenty of time for a decent manager to turn things around. 

Maybe's now, but the offer (if it was made from Villa as it is only speculation) would have been around the time they sacked Sherwood. Plenty of time for a decent manager to turn things around. 

Yeah, but it's Aston Villa.  There's a reason they had Tim Sherwood there in the first place.