You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

There's been 2 different views expressed on the last few pages, one by actual Liverpool supporters and one by a die hard romantic of our old manager. The latter refuses to accept that there are ppl like me who supported Brendan when he was here inspite of him not having any major experience. The season we challenged for the title, we were fooled to thinking it was due to Brendan's tactics and not a certain mad genius. But we also recognized the fact that towards the end of his tenure, we were seeing total drab football and could see that the team was going nowhere. 6-1 humiliation by Stoke was probably the last straw but when the owners gave him one more chance, we dint like it but we still stuck by him but to no avail. His reputation went out because he binned off his friends and shirked from taking responsibility on his shoulders.

Why should we not give the support to klopp who in 9 months with a team of players signed by a different person took us to 2 finals. Promise you this - if ever we see klopp giving the same kind of football and press statements that we were getting from Woy and Brendan, then the support will turn on him. I don't think he's the kind of guy who will not call a spade a spade.

A true Liverpool supporter will always stand by his manager but is intelligent enough to realize when a person's effort is not good enough anymore. We are all in this ride with klopp so people can choose to hop on board or stfu. Not go on any how the other managers could have done when they already have gone through the phase and achieved nothing.

Sorry to the group that has views of true Liverpool supporters. I tried so hard not to respond but gave in. Won't be responding any more.

• Upvote 2

JP, honest question mate - do you feel that your view of Klopp is tarnished due to your affection to Rodgers and how defensive you get over the criticism he receives, or do you genuinely think he is not a good manager?

Maybe at the start I didn't like him because we got rid of Rodgers for him, now I wouldn't take Rodgers back if Klopp was sacked so I don't think it is the reason.I didn't agree with things he did last season and don't like what he's done in the transfer market, part of me does think I'm being harsh on him and if I am it's because the Europa league final is fresh in my mind and it overshadowed the good work he did do.

I'm hoping next season after some good results I start to see the positives again, right now I'm not loving his personality like others and I prefer a tactical manager to one who's biggest asset is man management.

• Downvote 1

Maybe at the start I didn't like him because we got rid of Rodgers for him, now I wouldn't take Rodgers back if Klopp was sacked so I don't think it is the reason.I didn't agree with things he did last season and don't like what he's done in the transfer market, part of me does think I'm being harsh on him and if I am it's because the Europa league final is fresh in my mind and it overshadowed the good work he did do.

I'm hoping next season after some good results I start to see the positives again, right now I'm not loving his personality like others and I prefer a tactical manager to one who's biggest asset is man management.

Fair enough. I know what you mean - during the lead up to the referendum I ended up arguing with people who voted the same way because I thought their reasoning was nonsense, if that makes sense.

The only thing that has bothered me with klopp is when he balled ibe out towards the end of the season and you could see him shrink into himself from his facial expression. I think klopp is good at building people up, but he was obviously getting ibe wrong. Not everyone responds to the same stuff. I felt well sorry for ibe that day.

There's been 2 different views expressed on the last few pages, one by actual Liverpool supporters and one by a die hard romantic of our old manager. The latter refuses to accept that there are ppl like me who supported Brendan when he was here inspite of him not having any major experience. The season we challenged for the title, we were fooled to thinking it was due to Brendan's tactics and not a certain mad genius. But we also recognized the fact that towards the end of his tenure, we were seeing total drab football and could see that the team was going nowhere. 6-1 humiliation by Stoke was probably the last straw but when the owners gave him one more chance, we dint like it but we still stuck by him but to no avail. His reputation went out because he binned off his friends and shirked from taking responsibility on his shoulders.

Why should we not give the support to klopp who in 9 months with a team of players signed by a different person took us to 2 finals. Promise you this - if ever we see klopp giving the same kind of football and press statements that we were getting from Woy and Brendan, then the support will turn on him. I don't think he's the kind of guy who will not call a spade a spade.

A true Liverpool supporter will always stand by his manager but is intelligent enough to realize when a person's effort is not good enough anymore. We are all in this ride with klopp so people can choose to hop on board or stfu. Not go on any how the other managers could have done when they already have gone through the phase and achieved nothing.

Sorry to the group that has views of true Liverpool supporters. I tried so hard not to respond but gave in. Won't be responding any more.

Your entitled to your view but I don't agree.I don't think we were fooled in to believing his tactics played a big part the season we challenged, I don't think the 6-1 proved his time was up, I don't care what a manager says in a press conference and don't think Rodgers said much if anything wrong.I also don't care what he did with his backroom staff.

Klopp deserves support and all I have said is my gut feeling is telling me he's not going to win a title here.I didn't want Rodgers sacked after one bad season so I definetly don't want Klopp sacked before he's had a season with his own signings.Right now things don't look great so unlike others I can't just think things are ok because of Klopp, hopefully Klopp has a good plan and when we see his team play everyone will be a lot happier.

• Downvote 2

As a Celtic fan, I was made up when we got him. But nah, id rather Roy Keane. Its gonna be a cunt of a battle against that shower this season. If he loses an old firm and says "well im happy with our performance" then I will hand JP over to satan personally