You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

I've got no axe to grind against Rodgers. He gave it a good go here, almost won the title, but came up short in the end and was rightly replaced. He has a new job and I wish him well.

With that said, I agree that he doesn't help himself. I scanned the beeb link and noticed the word "outstanding." What's wrong with underplaying it? Something like, "The boys worked hard tonight and I'm glad we got an away goal, but the tie is finely balanced and it's only half time..."

Where do you go when something that is really outstanding should happen? What words are left to use?!

The Americanisation of the English language. Hype everything so much that words lose all meaning. It's how they sell bullshit to the masses.
  • Upvote 3

I've got no axe to grind against Rodgers. He gave it a good go here, almost won the title, but came up short in the end and was rightly replaced. He has a new job and I wish him well.

With that said, I agree that he doesn't help himself. I scanned the beeb link and noticed the word "outstanding." What's wrong with underplaying it? Something like, "The boys worked hard tonight and I'm glad we got an away goal, but the tie is finely balanced and it's only half time..."

Where do you go when something that is really outstanding should happen? What words are left to use?!

Its up there with the Martin O'Neil Magnificent

Saw that Van Persie link earlier. If they sign him Rodgers will be gone by christmas. Im a worried Celtic fan for next season. His whole demeanour lacks belief.

The Celtic board could have used the past 4 years to completely restructure the club knowing that with Rangers out they would win the league regardless of the transition. Instead they've cost cut and lowered the quality of the team to the point where Celtic supporters are worried about lower end English championship/division 1 players coming in and spoiling the party.

Karius is someone else on a wind up. The funny part is he's not too far off from the shite JP's been posting since it was clear his man was out of his depth at a big club.

Atleast someone on here has sense, Karius has made some points which are believable and make sense.If he is a troll his only reason would be to make people think it's me.I can guess a few people who it could be, most of his points I do agree with but the comment about Hodgson managing Suarez does make me suspicious.

• Downvote 1

Karius is someone else on a wind up.  The funny part is he's not too far off from the shite JP's been posting since it was clear his man was out of his depth at a big club.

K-mong is also clearly out of his depth trying to be a WUM on here.  Fucked up symmetry going on here.

JP is so thick he doesn't realise he is a WUM. You've gotta feel for the lad really, I guess support workers don't get round to their clients as often these days.

Maybe I don't know what a wum is, is a teacher telling someone 2+2=4 a troll?

If I'm telling you something that is a fact and you don't like it I don't consider that trolling, maybe I am wrong though and don't know the true meaning.

• Upvote 1

The Celtic side have been well outclassed in America in this preseason tour - and will be again in Europe this year. They are just not very good.

Rodgers probably thought he was being clever and would be a hero at Celtic - the opposite is true. It is a lose - lose situation for him. If Celtic win the title it will have nothing to do with him, they win it every year anyway. If they do not win the title it will go down as one of the greatest fuck ups in recent footballng history.

The Celtic side have been well outclassed in America in this preseason tour - and will be again in Europe this year. They are just not very good.

Rodgers probably thought he was being clever and would be a hero at Celtic - the opposite is true. It is a lose - lose situation for him. If Celtic win the title it will have nothing to do with him, they win it every year anyway. If they do not win the title it will go down as one of the greatest fuck ups in recent footballng history.

No matter whether he wins or loses, he will still be a hero to 3 ppl here atleast