You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That refereeing performance

lebron

I've just cracked opened a packet of Jammie Dodgers. "Best ever recipie" it says on the packet. Fuck off Burton's, you lying cunts. They're about half a thick as they were the last time I bought a packet, which was only the other month, and the quantity of filling is a disgrace.

The shiteness of modern biscuit manufacturing, eh?

• Upvote 2

Reading the echo article it sounds like the cunt has something against English teams. He might not have been bent but he was certainly biased. I'm old enough to remember the Inter game in 1965 which stopped us winning the European Cup that year. That was the most bent ref ever. Inter even bought him a villa and were never punished for bribing him. On another day against Servilla, we get 2 pens and go in 3-0 up at half time. The way we played in the second half we'd have lost 4-3 anyway. This team are leaderless bottlers. If they played a match against Souness, Case and a goalie they would get hammered.

• Upvote 1

We got fouled about 5 yards out from the box and he played a disadvantage Ffs as the ball went backwards about 15 yards out wide to Clyne, we where shite but the ref was a cunt who set out to give us nothing.

One of there defenders went down low and kept his legs tight together and his arms out wide like a fucking goalkeeper and stopped the ball going through with his hand wtf how's that not cheating/foul

Have to agree. Of the big decisions, handballs 1 and 3 were definite pens to me and handball 2 also could've been given but that one is fair enough. The commentary over here even mentioned that the ref couldn't give a corner because if he does he's acknowledging the handball and therefore should be giving a penalty. I do vaguely remember a 4th shout in the 2nd but I can't really remember exactly what happened as I was already well pissed off at that point. That advantage played when there wasn't one was bullshit as well, he even looks like he's going to give it while Clyne fucks about with the ball then it gets shifted down the wing to be dallied upon again and he re-plays the "advantage".

What really did it for me though was that it looked as though we couldn't breathe on them without a foul being called but they could pretty much get away with whatever they wanted. As others have said, we weren't anywhere near good enough in the 2nd and effectively capitulated by feeling sorry for ourselves that we'd been hard done by. For me the poor 2nd half reaction from the players is why so many are defending the refereeing (to a point anyway) because no one wants to hear that shit from any of those that gave up on the pitch once shit got tough. That being said, we get even one of those pens called and the dynamic of the game is different. We get anything remotely close to consistent refereeing and maybe the players don't capitulate.

Of course maybe we lose 4-3 as well. As they say It's done with now, but I do hope we never get that swedish cunt again.

it's hard enough to beat 11 men with this very mentally questionable lot, but when you have to beat 12 it's a very tall order indeed. said that when he was forever in our earholes talking shite every two minutes in the first half. also, the law of averages decision wise in that game do not stack up and the bloke was a fucking risable cunt. it did not smell right.

far too honest also, we are not snide enough. you can't even be robust when every time you do something some wanker is rolling around on the floor killing the game once they got a foothold down to some rank utter stupidity.

confident Klopp is going to show the ruthlessness needed. he has seen enough now and we can't have the last 3 league games ending up meaningless next season, that's for sure.

You only ever see the losing side moaning about the ref funnily enough.   None were penalites, their goal was onside.

Outclassed in the second half by a better team, prob easier blaming the ref tho.

i've just got back after a few days away with very little internet or even a data phone signal.

but having talked to a few people today about the game ( mainly neutrals ) they said the same as you , I did see the game and thought at the time the ref had done us over but thats not how it was in reality , 

Failed to bury them in the first half and then got a massive bumming in the second is the truth , Very hard to take but the team needs major surgery as Klopp himself now admits ,

Ah well those players that get binned off can't say they didn't get their chance. He's been more than fair with Rodgers squad of losers

People can say 2 of the 3 handballs weren't pens but in my opinion, 2 of those 3 are given as handball anywhere else on the pitch all day. That means they'd be fouls and in the box, that means a pen.

Players know the consequences of sticking their arms out to 'make themselves look big' and stop an attempted play past them. You only have to watch refs at free kicks in and around the box now warning players about arms and hands sticking out.

To answer the original question from the OP I can easily remember a worse refereeing performance, the club world cup final of 2005 against Sao Paolo was absolutely marred by completely inept refereeing, that also resulted in us losing the game.

On Wednesday the real issue was we didn't have someone in the referees was all game a role normally carried out by Henderson.

No doubt most of the blame has to go to our squad of bottlers (some even to Klopp), but can you remember seeing a more inept (or dare I say biased) performance from a referee (and crew)? Three clear handballs in their area in the 1st half, none which were given. 

not to mention an offside goal for us correctly chalked off, then one for them allowed to stand, plus a nailed on pen for us, we never got, that ref will probably have a nice spanish holiday.

not to mention an offside goal for us correctly chalked off, then one for them allowed to stand, plus a nailed on pen for us, we never got, that ref will probably have a nice spanish holiday.

There goal wasnt offside

The ball came off our player so he is on

a bastard ref will see what they want to see. you might get a decision or two in favour that is not correct if the guy is straight. regardless of opinion. we all know you can watch a certain incident and out of 10 people half will see it one way, half the other.

not every single fucking decision not given in favour right or wrong and that is what this bellend was up to from whistle one. it was the same bullshit in the other two finals we have played outside these shores and it has had a huge bearing over the results. you don't always have to play great to win either.

this is just a comment on the thread title, not on our weak capitulation which was also obvious. yeah, we need to put an end to this pussy behaviour and that is for Herr Klopp to sort through a systematic cull because it's a repeated pattern of behaviour in this squad now.