You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That refereeing performance

lebron

No doubt most of the blame has to go to our squad of bottlers (some even to Klopp), but can you remember seeing a more inept (or dare I say biased) performance from a referee (and crew)? Three clear handballs in their area in the 1st half, none which were given. 

'Clear' is strong. The first one was a lot more debatable than the other 2, probably should've been given but the other 2 are not penalties for me

He was a typical European ref. Didn't allow contact and a physical game. It's up to our players to adapt to the situation. Benteke came on and all he did was give fouls away, which he would've gotten away with in the Prem

'Clear' is strong. The first one was a lot more debatable than the other 2, probably should've been given but the other 2 are not penalties for me

He was a typical European ref. Didn't allow contact and a physical game. It's up to our players to adapt to the situation. Benteke came on and all he did was give fouls away, which he would've gotten away with in the Prem

The Firmino one was stonewall, as was the one along the ground. I'll give you the Rami one (when he smashed it out of play).

I disagree on the physical contact as well, the Sevilla players did pretty much what they wanted (Gameiro in particular did a good Soldado impression), their defenders kicked lumps out of Sturridge and Firmino too. 

Oh well, back to the player bashing I suppose....

• Upvote 3

The referees were terrible. We were worse.

Would have been pretty pissed off had we been robbed of a deserved win. We weren't. Sevilla were deserved winners. 

After a performance like tonight, we need to start looking at our own backgarden first.

• Upvote 1

The referees were terrible. We were worse.

Would have been pretty pissed off had we been robbed of a deserved win. We weren't. Sevilla were deserved winners.

After a performance like tonight, we need to start looking at our own backgarden first.

Correct.

For me the first handball was a pen, but the way Firmino went to ground made it look like he was after a pen for the contact (which wasn't a pen) and it's no surprise it wasn't given.

The second handball was a bad call as it should have been a corner (but not a pen).

The third, for me, was a definite pen.

The jump into Milner when he was in the air already, was a pen.

But it doesn't surprise me that none of them were given. None were nailed on.

I'm pissed, and I've lost a lot of the passion I used to have for the game, but overall it comes down to this... When we were on top we were a bit better than them.

After they equalised, they were much better than us.

We've not got enough winners in the team. The thread about that was spot on.

Oh, and Moreno can fuck off immediately.

You only ever see the losing side moaning about the ref funnily enough.   None were penalites, their goal was onside.

Outclassed in the second half by a better team, prob easier blaming the ref tho.

Knobhead. Were you watching builders from hell/?. You are very lucky I can't neg you,.

• Downvote 1

No 3 was a stonewall penalty. He was dragging his arm along the ground in a completely unnatural position and denied a clear goal scoring opportunity. No 1 probably was too but marginal enough to excuse.

I haven't seen a reffing performance as bad as that for us since Athens. The guy at Athens I am convinced was bent. This guy was shockingly bad but not sure if there is any motive to be bent?

The one that blew 20 seconds before the MINIMUM of time added on was reached. Yep, he completely shat himself that we would get another goal. He was corrupt as fuck, absolutely no doubt about it. I'm not a big conspiracy theorist but that one was clear as day.

This one probably just inept as you say, but to give no penalties after three handballs and an assault (on Milner) was a bit curious.

You only ever see the losing side moaning about the ref funnily enough. None were penalites, their goal was onside.

Outclassed in the second half by a better team, prob easier blaming the ref tho.

You can't be serious? We were shit 2nd half and Morenos more to blame than the ref but none were pens? Firminos was as blatant a handball you're likely to see, if that's not handball can you explain to me what is because I haven't a clue. The one on the floor would be given 7/10 aswell, just because some bald twat in a caravan sticking up for the referees union says it's not means fuck all.

The ref was poor, but our second half performance was so bad his role was completely irrelevant.

You think we would have lost if we were 3-0 (or even 2-0) up from the 1st half? Of course it's relevant. As I said in my opening post, our players are mostly to blame for that 2nd half, but a penalty or 2 completely changes the dynamic of the game.

You can't be serious? We were shit 2nd half and Morenos more to blame than the ref but none were pens? Firminos was as blatant a handball you're likely to see, if that's not handball can you explain to me what is because I haven't a clue. The one on the floor would be given 7/10 aswell, just because some bald twat in a caravan sticking up for the referees union says it's not means fuck all.

You're right, you haven't a clue.  I'm sorry but just go read the rule book and you'll find out none were penalties and their goal was valid.

I wish the ref did have a shocker, give us three penalties, disallow their goal and let Lovren's stand but the truth is he got every single decision spot on and even video evidence brought into the game, would have yielded the same decisions.  

You're right, you haven't a clue.  I'm sorry but just go read the rule book and you'll find out none were penalties and their goal was valid.

I wish the ref did have a shocker, give us three penalties, disallow their goal and let Lovren's stand but the truth is he got every single decision spot on and even video evidence brought into the game, would have yielded the same decisions.  

Ha-ha, you are bonkers! The on-/offside decision was correct, although I can see some in the heat of the moment losing concentration due to the linesman's flag being raised. Speaking like an authority on rules of the game, you couldn't be more wrong on the handballs though!