Quantcast
Mountains - Page 2 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Mook

Mountains

Done all the Snowdon range when I was a lot younger and fitter. Enjoy the Lake district a bit more these days. Can still get up Helvellyn on a nice warm summers day ! Never had that inclination to go trudging up really high mountains abroad although I envy people that can do it. Some of the photos in the thread look amazing . Been up to 12/13,000 ft couple of time in the Alps on cable cars and ended up with the headache from hell so mountaineering definitely not my bag.  

Snowdon and Ben Nevis have amazing views, I can only imagine the tropical mountain views...

The only mountain I've been up is Ben Nevis, done it three times now, twice you couldn't see 10ft ahead of you but the middle time it was clear blue skies, apparently you can see Ireland on a clear day, the view is incredible. Only problem is the walk can be a bit tedious, the last mile or so to the top in particular.

48347-051.jpg

Highest mountain I've been up was Pico do Arieiro in Madiera.

It was high above the clouds, and looking down on a blanket of cloud was one of the most amazing views I've ever witnessed. Traveling up it was pissing rain and quite cold, as soon as we passed through the cloud the Sun was beaming and it was roasting hot. (well, naturally since the clouds were below us). Must post a pic later if I get the chance.

• Upvote 1

Love those documentaries when they fly over a mountain range or along a long river and all those sorts of things. Reminds me of that Cine 2000 thing at Alton Towers back when I was a teenager.

• Upvote 1

I need to go to Seattle, there's some seriously awesome mountain biking in that area. Have you been, Mook?

Afraid not, I was watching a programme set there and noticed how spectacular the backdrop was so posted it on here.

Quite fancy it now.

Mount Rainer with Seattle in the foreground. 7ebb5dcbc3accf57c9435d0842f0c21c.jpg

I think, from what I've read it's quite tough to climb, people have used Rainer as a stepping stone for bigger peaks in the Himalayas, it's on my to-do list.

• Upvote 1

I didn't realise you could see Mont Blanc from Geneva, really fancy going there now.

This is the view from the top (looking towards Italy)

10688391_10152818111956320_4803156020707

• Upvote 2

The view from the top of Snowdon was voted the best view in Britain this week apparently.

PygTrack-3.jpg

It beat the three sisters of Glencoe into second place.

090419b.jpg