You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mountains

Mook

You're massive wrong uns, I'm nauseous just looking at some of those images and heights. 

Congratulations Bitch, still negged though. Can't believe you're going to be like, proper unavailable. She must be incredibly special. X

Anyway, my mountain climb this morning... ha, as if. My mountain view when taking dick head rescue dog out for his walk at 8 this morning...

Aran mountain range from Llyn Tegid. 

20211023_082416.jpg

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, melons said:

You're massive wrong uns, I'm nauseous just looking at some of those images and heights. 

Congratulations Bitch, still negged though. Can't believe you're going to be like, proper unavailable. She must be incredibly special. X

Anyway, my mountain climb this morning... ha, as if. My mountain view when taking dick head rescue dog out for his walk at 8 this morning...

Aran mountain range from Llyn Tegid. 

20211023_082416.jpg

You live on a mountain don't you???!!! I'm sure you told me that a few years back. Or a fucking big hill at the very least? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

You live on a mountain don't you???!!! I'm sure you told me that a few years back. Or a fucking big hill at the very least? 

Yeah but the only time I walk up half of it is if I've got to go down the drive and get the post. We're about half way up a hill by comparison to some of these mountains pictured. It's the Berwyn Mountain range. 

Actually, Easter sunday is another day we are a sure thing to go up, clock up around 5 miles just hiding the kids Easter eggs all over the place before 7am. We then wake them up, get 2 camping chairs out to plonk in a field where we get an ace view of then walking past most of the eggs. The rule is what they don't find, we get to keep. 

First one is when we start with the eggs around 5.30 second image some time has passed and they're still hunting. You can just about make out the kids on that one.

Screenshot_20211023-125213_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20211023-125246_Photos.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, melons said:

Yeah but the only time I walk up half of it is if I've got to go down the drive and get the post. We're about half way up a hill by comparison to some of these mountains pictured. It's the Berwyn Mountain range. 

Actually, Easter sunday is another day we are a sure thing to go up, clock up around 5 miles just hiding the kids Easter eggs all over the place before 7am. We then wake them up, get 2 camping chairs out to plonk in a field where we get an ace view of then walking past most of the eggs. The rule is what they don't find, we get to keep. 

First one is when we start with the eggs around 5.30 second image some time has passed and they're still hunting. You can just about make out the kids on that one.

Screenshot_20211023-125213_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20211023-125246_Photos.jpg

Gear-Soprano-Robes-Tony-612747_P610_01_1

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, melons said:

About right, but I could only dream of it being tarmac...  6 hours of digging when we're snowed in, and that was after 5 days of waiting for it to thaw. 

20211023_131455.jpg

Just to the right you can just make out the shallow grave Rich would have been buried in, exausted and empty, after she'd managed to snare him in her web...

• Upvote 2

On 22/06/2021 at 22:55, Mook said:

Annapurna 

FB_IMG_1624397559446.jpg

The Annapurna circuit is on my to-do list. It’s about a 20 day trek of high altitude trekking with some of the best views on planet earth. 
The Everest base camp trek was the hardest physical thing I’ve ever done in my life, so I reckon this would be up there. 

Edit: Look at that picture. Imagine being so skilled and fit that you could actually climb that. I love shit like that. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Avid followers of me on FaceAids will

already have seen these so I make no apologies for that. 

Ben Lomond yesterday was forecast to be windy but easing through the day and possible cloud base of 900m, thankfully the cloud was much higher and we got fantastic views all day long. 

Had the mountain top all to ourselves and I asked Mrs TheBitch the question. 

C631F265-9FE6-4A32-88DE-A9996338B6D6.jpeg

Mrs TheBitch is punching.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

The Annapurna circuit is on my to-do list. It’s about a 20 day trek of high altitude trekking with some of the best views on planet earth. 
The Everest base camp trek was the hardest physical thing I’ve ever done in my life, so I reckon this would be up there. 

Edit: Look at that picture. Imagine being so skilled and fit that you could actually climb that. I love shit like that. 

Mate of mine did that too and he said the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/10/2021 at 14:12, TheBitch said:

I dont necessarily think fitness is the key on its own.While you wont be much use if you are carrying a load of excess weight I've heard stories of people who were fit as a fiddle but couldn't handle the altitude sickness and those who weren't very fit but handled the altitude problems unusually well.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sat reading the updates of this thread for the first time in a while as I listen to the post-derby podcast and decided I’d rewatch the video of when I went up Tryfan a few years back and it turns out it’s in the wrong thread and not embedded, so I’m putting it in here now.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
6 hours ago, TheBitch said:

I put this in the book thread but it’s worth adding here too it’s that good. 

I love the story of George Mallory and this book has only made me love it more. 

The detail and accuracy are phenomenal.

7D3465B3-7D30-4117-8252-2C89180378E1.jpeg

E10F16C7-36A0-4A30-973C-6A177FCA431A.jpeg

D0872819-57D2-48CD-A4A3-F8EEE303DE73.jpeg

Nice one, I'm going to have a look for that.

1 hour ago, TheBitch said:

If it wasn’t my grandads book, I’d have sent it up to you, mate. 

It’s a brilliant read. 

I've found a 'very good' condition one for £4 online so will order that after I see how my weekend goes. Looks a great book.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...