You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mountains

Mook

Snowden is the highest mountain in Wales and the three sisters are in Glencoe in the Scottish Highlands.

Wow, I didn't realise there were such spectacular views available in the UK. I'll have to look into making some trips.

The southern Alps in new Zealand take some beating.

Yeah I'd love to go and take a look at the south island sometime.

It's shocking the number of people who've lived in the North Island their whole lives and have never been to the south. I reckon more people here have been to Oz than have been to the rest of their own country.

Yeah I'd love to go and take a look at the south island sometime.

It's shocking the number of people who've lived in the North Island their whole lives and have never been to the south. I reckon more people here have been to Oz than have been to the rest of their own country.

Guilty as charged, Australia and South Island of NZ have spectacular views. I should definitely see more of UK.

It's deffo beautiful in an ugly kind of way 

I've got a mate who is obsessed with all that brutalist architecture, he's got pictures of it up all over his house, I find it quite fascinating to look at myself although I think there's an architecture thread for that you shower of bastards.

I've got a mate who is obsessed with all that brutalist architecture, he's got pictures of it up all over his house, I find it quite fascinating to look at myself although I think there's an architecture thread for that you shower of bastards.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to hijack this thread, certainly not with the woeful gag i came up with anyway. 

I just have this uncontrollable urge to shoehorn Bootle based nonsense into most threads. 

• Upvote 2

The view from the top of Snowdon was voted the best view in Britain this week apparently.

PygTrack-3.jpg

It beat the three sisters of Glencoe into second place.

090419b.jpg

Did David Blunkett do the voting? Scandalous decision.

There's better views in the Lake District than from the top of Snowdon, I've not seen better views than from around Ben Nevis and Glencoe, though.

Absolutely sickening that my dodgy knees have kept me out of the mountains for so long.

• Upvote 2

Mount Rainer with Seattle in the foreground.

7ebb5dcbc3accf57c9435d0842f0c21c.jpg

Viewing Mt Ranier from the Space Needle is just about the most incredible view I've ever witnessed. I could have stayed up there all day; as Miss _b said "It isn't fair, they have all the landscapes here."

All the landscapes and the Brothers Danner.

We also went to Mt.St Helens, which was a good hike. I studied it during GCSE Geography and to visit was an almost surreal experience.

Oh and we also went to Twin Peaks.

• Upvote 3

One for Mook...

Less than an hour ago I rolled into OMG sports bar on Koh Lipe, Thailand, looking for some footy, any footy would do.

Ordered a Leo, there were 5 Asians and 1 westerner in the whole place, grabbed my Leo, looked at the Western guy eating sausage and mash, (I think it was link sausage but that's for another thread) asked if I could sit down...

Before I'd even had time to contemplate his reply he hit me with...

"You a climber then?"

Before I could even deduce if he was Scottish or Irish, he repeated it.

"You a climber then?"

Now, those who know me off of the forum will know that I don't really look like a climber, if a climber even has a look.

But I replied anyway

"I am."

If I was Scottish or Irish I would have said "aye"

"How the fuck did you know I was a climber?"

"Your Montane shorts, I've got the same ones"

• Upvote 1