You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mountains

Mook

Done all the Snowdon range when I was a lot younger and fitter. Enjoy the Lake district a bit more these days. Can still get up Helvellyn on a nice warm summers day ! Never had that inclination to go trudging up really high mountains abroad although I envy people that can do it. Some of the photos in the thread look amazing . Been up to 12/13,000 ft couple of time in the Alps on cable cars and ended up with the headache from hell so mountaineering definitely not my bag.  

Snowdon and Ben Nevis have amazing views, I can only imagine the tropical mountain views...

The only mountain I've been up is Ben Nevis, done it three times now, twice you couldn't see 10ft ahead of you but the middle time it was clear blue skies, apparently you can see Ireland on a clear day, the view is incredible. Only problem is the walk can be a bit tedious, the last mile or so to the top in particular.

48347-051.jpg

Highest mountain I've been up was Pico do Arieiro in Madiera.

It was high above the clouds, and looking down on a blanket of cloud was one of the most amazing views I've ever witnessed. Traveling up it was pissing rain and quite cold, as soon as we passed through the cloud the Sun was beaming and it was roasting hot. (well, naturally since the clouds were below us). Must post a pic later if I get the chance.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need to go to Seattle, there's some seriously awesome mountain biking in that area. Have you been, Mook?

Afraid not, I was watching a programme set there and noticed how spectacular the backdrop was so posted it on here.

Quite fancy it now.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The view from the top of Snowdon was voted the best view in Britain this week apparently.

PygTrack-3.jpg

It beat the three sisters of Glencoe into second place.

090419b.jpg

Where are these? In Scotland?