You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Im surprised no-one is criticizing Robertson for the first goal. All he has to do is block the shot, he's already there.

Instead he turns his arse on it. Really, really poor defending.

Personally I think it's all your fault for starting the match thread when not being on a winning run.

Who is going to start the next one?

No agenda? Are you mad? It’s blatantly obvious. They had fuck all to pick on the entire game so decided to use a moment when he was elbowed in the face to push the idea that he’s dodgy and unconvincing, then went in with both barrels blaming him for Wanyama’s blooter. Neville, in particular, is so far entrenched in his opinion that he really comes across as a total fucking blinkered fool (not that it’s any challenge for him). Just one of the many, many deeply irritating things about yesterday’s game.

I meant current agenda by a few fans on here, not the media has an whole because they have a MASSIVE agenda.

Achterberg’s survival has been one of the most puzzling aspects of Klopp’s tenure. Jurgen has put his own team together. Fitness, nutrition, coaching, mini me, the lot. Yet a goalkeeping coach who has a track record of making every goalkeeper he works with a worse player has somehow managed to hang on?

Needs sorting out.

• Upvote 1

Loris Karius insists he is his own biggest critic after responding to suggestions he is too error-prone to become Liverpool’s long-term No 1.

The German keeper has emerged from Simon Mignolet’s shadows in recent weeks to become the club’s new first-choice keeper – and the former Mainz man has issued this plea to Jurgen Klopp amid talk the Reds could sign a new big-money keeper this summer.

Since his status as Liverpool’s No 1 was confirmed, however, five matches ago, the big German has not escaped criticism.

Some apportioned blame for his punch which led to Victor Wanyama’s spectacular equaliser in the 2-2 draw with Tottenham at Anfield on Sunday, while he was beaten at his near post by Leroy Sane in the victory over Man City.

With equally big tests ahead – the Champions League restarts at Porto next Wednesday – Karius is unconcerned.

“Maybe I could have done better against Man City. I didn’t see it as a massive mistake because [Leroy Sane] hit it quite well,” he said.

“In other games I haven’t had too much to do. I’ve come for crosses and collected them. At Swansea [Alfie Mawson] put it right in the corner and there wasn’t much I could do.”

Karius was asked if he was aware of the criticism of his performances and whether they would affect him.

However, the keeper insists he only focuses on the matter in hand and had this message for potential critics.

“You can’t get frustrated [by what they say] as you know there will be games when the team needs you more and you have to be there focused,” he said.

“I wasn’t begging in the other games: ‘Please, please, I need a save.’ I knew it would come. I had more to do against Tottenham and I tried to help the team.

“My head is right. I feel like I’ve learned a lot from last season and I feel good.”