Quantcast
Loris Karius - Page 83 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain

Loris Karius

Agree also. We will find out if he's good enough between now and the end of the season anyway. Lets see how he performs with a run of games under his belt

This is it for me. We've seen how Mignolet performs over what feels like an eternity. It's not nice. With Karius, he is starting at Mignolet's level and there's at least a possibility he may improve.
  • Upvote 1

Maybe this is due to the change to the shear speed of the game in the prem.  He just cant move up a knotch in speed of thought.

This is a bit of a myth as the Bundesliga is often as fast as the Prem and has just as many goals,maybe more but the step up to a bigger club maybe a valid reason.

This is a bit of a myth as the Bundesliga is often as fast as the Prem and has just as many goals,maybe more but the step up to a bigger club maybe a valid reason.

Completely agree.

I honestly thought that Karius' time at Man City, pre-Mainz, would have been hugely beneficial. Evidently not.

I think Klopp is hoping that a run in the team and playing with the same defenders will help him improve and that is valid thinking. I thought he looked pretty good in the West Brom game and wasnt too bad in the Everton game either but went right back to his former ways in the City game.

Theory...

Mig to Napoli. Alisson to us. Karius on the bench. This window.

Is Reina still at Napoli? Can't see him being too chuffed at Mig turning up. Who are Roma playing in goal in this theory - I feel you need to square the circle?

Karius is as bad a keeper as I’ve seen, he genuinely has made a error that has led to a goal the majority of times he has played. I can’t see any upside to him or potiental to improve, he’s just a really poor keeper. Mignolet despite his flaws is a lot better.

• Downvote 1

A lot of their problems, which I think are nearly all down to Achterberg, are down to indecision  and that indecision affecting the back 4. I hope VVD taking command will help take the dithers out of them

• Upvote 1

He never seems to get his feet right, it's absolutely bizarre.

He should stick to modelling on Instagram.

He never seems to get his feet right, it's absolutely bizarre.

He should stick to modelling on Instagram.

he holds his arms too low .  Bringing them down to stop a ball is a quicker action than trying to raise them. All in all i reckon he needs completely re-wiring  

• Downvote 1

I can understand those saying Mig's got his chances and we need better. Some says let Karius get a run to find out if he'll improve. This would be a valid argument if we were talking about Danny Ward.

Karius isn't a bad keeper. He isn't a keeper at all. No point at all to let him have a run of games.He'll never improve, there's no base to improve from.

Maybe he's Henry's daughters' boyfriend or something forced upon Klopp. I just can't understand why he's in our squad.

From the Echo:

“John Achterberg

A surprise name, perhaps, but it is interesting to note the role Achterberg plays in the scouting and recruitment of goalkeepers at Anfield – as well as their coaching.

The Dutchman is known for having an encyclopaedic knowledge of goalkeepers from across the world, and his opinion is both sought and valued by Klopp.

Achterberg is sent to scout players and is heavily involved in video analysis of prospective targets. With Liverpool almost certain to recruit a new No.1 in the summer, expect him to be involved in the process.”

From the Echo:

“John Achterberg

A surprise name, perhaps, but it is interesting to note the role Achterberg plays in the scouting and recruitment of goalkeepers at Anfield – as well as their coaching.

The Dutchman is known for having an encyclopaedic knowledge of goalkeepers from across the world, and his opinion is both sought and valued by Klopp.

Achterberg is sent to scout players and is heavily involved in video analysis of prospective targets. With Liverpool almost certain to recruit a new No.1 in the summer, expect him to be involved in the process.”

Great. Just fucking great.

• Upvote 2

Guys.

I'm not going to say Karius is the new Lev Yashin but I think he might have just pioneered a revolutionary goalkeeping technique. It turns out when the opposing team shoot at your goal you're allowed to get in the way!

• Upvote 2

I realise he had nob all to do tonight, but still he looked a damn sight better than Mignolet - his confidence, his decision-making, his communication with defenders and his awareness of what was going on around him were all competent, which is far better than anything Mignolet has ever shown.

I didn't foul my gusset once, which is more than I would have been able to say if softlad had been in goal.

• Upvote 3