Quantcast
Loris Karius - Page 79 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain

Loris Karius

Mignolet is finished here. No point disenfranchising him yet though, as we might still need him this season. The way this is panning out is Klopp is having more of a look at Karius, just in case he can prove worthy.

Apparently he was good in Germany, so we signed him but then he was rubbish for us. Now we are easing him back in to see if he can show the sort of form that prompted us to buy him in the first place.

On today’s evidence, while it was very pleasing to get the win, the first goal wasn’t good enough. You can’t get beat at the near post like that. Close the gap, firm wrists, and block it away for a corner. Sane hit it hard, but it should have been saved.

The slight unfortunate thing for Karius is that while it blots his copy book, Gomez was at least as much at fault for getting under the ball just before that.

My best guess is Ward survives as a clear number two and both Mignolet and Karius are sold in summer, and we sign a goalkeeper to come in and boss it. Oblak preferred, but Alisson would be great too. We’d have to break the world record for either and put a real hole in the Coutinho money, but the team is getting so good now - especially once VVD and Keita are in place, that we really can’t have an iffy goalkeeper.

We want to be playing for the biggest prizes. The current goalkeeper situation is out of step with the way that the rest of the team is shaping up.

Why the fuck does he always seem to think he can just run after a ball and catch it? At least, Mignolet tries to put in a dive every now and then.

Reached a point where I would just give Ward the jersey so that we can at least confirm our suspicion that he is also shite. With Karius and Mignolet, we already have confirmation that they are pure dog turd.

Says to me that both Karius and Mignolet are toast in the summer but Klopp believes Karius might as well get that one last chance to prove himself....again. Klopp doesn't ultimately rate Ward either. Has something gone on we're not aware of? 

Neither of them are good enough but Mignolet is better. Karius isn't going to do anything except continue to be shitter than Mig. He's had loads of games and he's been poor at least 80% of the time. Instead of the "let's see if Karius can step up" thing, which I do understand, I'd say "let's just play the slightly better keeper" and then get someone better ASAP

Agree with DimReaper 100%.

He's had 27 games and been utter crap in most of them. I don't think he's made 5 notable saves in 2 years. 

Mig is not good enough but at least puts together the odd solid run and occasionally attempts to make a save. 

• Upvote 1

City had 4 shots on target today.

Both out keepers are a huge liability for our team the January window is open and we’ve a load of money it would be nice to make an attempt to sort out the weakest part of our side and not wait till the summer.

Have we got a load of money though?

Just buy a bloody good keeper Jurgen. Please.

That said I have not seen all the goals conceeded. That first one from Sane was a rocket though.

I've tried to defend Karius but it was awful. He is static,nervous,no footwork but I do feel sorry for him that he's had to be number two to a keeper who is marginally better than him and that he couldn't serve an apprenticeship under a top keeper. He will probably do ok back in Germany but its gone wrong here for him. Problem is that we need two goalies and not just one.

That's funny ?!

Its all in the delivery, comedy is about timing and inflection.

Say it like this:

The funny thing is nether are    as good as   JAMES    or Freidel!!

Honestly, this reaction is way over the top. He was beaten on his near post. Should’ve done better, no question, but it was a very powerful shot.

The other two goals, maybe De Gea would’ve had a chance, otherwise I don’t think anybody is saving them.

Just seems like some have been waiting for the first opportunity to hammer the lad. It’s quite galling.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, this reaction is way over the top. He was beaten on his near post. Should’ve done better, no question, but it was a very powerful shot.

The other two goals, maybe De Gea would’ve had a chance, otherwise I don’t think anybody is saving them.

Just seems like some have been waiting for the first opportunity to hammer the lad. It’s quite galling.

He's not good enough. Maybe as understudy he will become so with time, but we'll win nothing with him as our first choice keeper for a while.

Personally I would pay through the nose to get Buffon in the summer to rotate with Karius.

Nah, it's just he's obviously not good.

Complete Mignolet on the first goal. Nothing he could have done about the other two, agreed.

As Souness said this afternoon neither Karius or Mignolet ever make a save that surprises you or a match winning performance,. Get rid ffs 

As Souness said this afternoon neither Karius or Mignolet ever make a save that surprises you or a match winning performance,. Get rid ffs

Souness shouldn’t be allowed opinions on transfers after his spectacularly awful dealings here. He accelerated our decline big time.

Even a stopped clock/failed manager is right twice a day though. Should be our priority in the summer.

Nah, it's just he's obviously not good.

Complete Mignolet on the first goal. Nothing he could have done about the other two, agreed.

People have made their minds up that he’s not good. The rest is just confirmation bias.

I think we are far too critical of our goalkeepers, in general. Look at the reaction in Anfield if he doesn’t clear the ball all the way up the field as soon as it reaches him. Full on rage directed his way. It’s absolutely bizarre. I can’t imagine a worse atmosphere in which to develop a goalkeeper into a genuine first teamer.

If we keep on winning it really doesn't matter which one of them is between the sticks. Klopp basically said he's not arsed about the near post goal today and said he had a solid game. Karius has the jersey for the moment. 

Next games for us.

Swansea A

Huddersfield A

Spurs H

Southampton A

West Ham H

A nice run of games for him to improve and get some confidence. Spurs will be hard, but they tend to fold at our place and we are very good at not losing at home. 13 unbeaten now?