You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

I want to see a compilation of the goals he let in, not the saves he made. I could come up with a compilation of Mignolet saves that would make him look like Lev Yashin, but if you aren't seeing the goals conceded you aren't getting a true picture.

Competition for Mignolet?

Yeah, right.

How these chumps get paid to write that shit I'll never know.

I'm no fan of the media but competition is exactly what he is, we haven't invested Buffon type money in him that would make him the de facto number 1 and Mignolet is the current number 1 so as with any performance based job you could only assume that the person who performs best will be given the job.

Might very well turn out to be Karius (and you would hope so otherwise whats the point) but I wouldn't take the fact he's been described as competition for Mignolet as a slight on Karius.

I'm not taking it as a slight on Karius.

I just call bullshit.

I'll write the honest version:

"Liverpool have signed a new number 1 in Loris Karius, the young German star from boss Jurgen Klopp's former club Mainz 05. With competition for the young man already on the books in Simon Mignolet it would appear Liverpool have finally sorted out their keeper position for years to come, though it remains unclear whether the Belgian intends to stay on in a back-up role. When asked if he plans to sell the Belgian Klopp was quoted as saying "Simon is a very good keeper who we would like to keep around. If he wants to start that is a good attitude but he's going to have to show he's better than Loris, that is football. If Simon is not happy with this situation then we can look at options,"

Meanwhile Liverpool fans have taken to twitter to voice their opinion. Steven from Huyton says: "Thank fuck mignolet is finally being replaced, he's cost us far too many points in his time here and never really kicked on from his good start in his first season." whilst Jamie from Bootle said: "The keeper position is hopefully sorted at Liverpool, now get rid of that dickhead Moreno and sign a real left back." Comment below to have your say."

• Upvote 1

Hmmm. I dont buy this 'competition' line. mignolet isnt going to get better at kicking the ball, distribution and generally not conceeding goals he really should have kept out (League Cup Final example). He can make some quality saves but they're just not often enough.

Another keeper as 'competition' isnt going to make him better and cut out the mistakes. A quality goalkeeper coach would help for starters. Unfortunately, error prone keepers dont tend to lose those attributes. They keep them and the best option is to upgrade not, pin your hopes on 'competition.'