You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Seems to be. has there been a lot of anti Achterberg on social media? there's been a good bit on here which is probably relative to the rest of the internet.

I haven't noticed Achterberg shitting his nest in the last two games, He maybe a poor coach but harsh to blame him for turning Karius from one of the best young keepers in Germany to possibly the worst keeper in the PL. That's a flaw in the players make up and he's just not ready for this, 

He's been written off far to quickly for my liking. He's made a fair few fuck ups but he's new to the club and still pretty young. Getting shit from all angles cant be helping him at all.

You're all a gang of cunts.

Fuge knows.

I've seen 3 years of the execrable Mignolet. I can stick with Karius for a few more months.

• Upvote 7

What is so much Klopp has seen in Karius that we couldn't? Another young, clumsy keeper from a low-level german team. Unless he proves himself otherwise. And soon.

German goalkeeper of the year 2016 and behind Mainz finishing well above their expectations for the last couple of years. He is a very good goalkeeper who is finding his feet at a much bigger club. He may need taking out of the firing line at some stage but he will be a top goalkeeper at some stage in the near future. Goalkeepers tend to hit their peak in their late twenties and early thirties so its a bit early to expect miracles of Karius. I am happy we have Klopp dealing with this situation and will be happy with what he decides.

Its absolutely ridiculous to write a goalkeeper off at this stage of his career. We had Friedel who was excellent for many years after leaving us and even David James hit the heights of 'mainly competent' when he left us too. Pepe is still doing ok at Napoli as well.

• Upvote 2

Very clever by Klopp.

One atrocious game by Mignolet and everyone will suddenly remember why we bought Karius in the first place.  The short memories of the fans are the only reason anyone in their right mind could want the pear-monger back between the sticks.

Or,  whatever happens in tonight's game, he's been the better of the two keepers this season.

Or,  whatever happens in tonight's game, he's been the better of the two keepers this season.

No doubt that Mig has been better than Karius this season and deserves the start tonight.

"Better". Mignolet has made 8 saves this season and conceded 8 goals (for comparison, Karius has made 14 saves and conceded 12). Don't get it twisted, this is simply to take Karius out of the firing line.

Need to stop making excuses for our keeper (whomever that is) tbh. 

Everyone using De Gea as some example should go back and review his first season - he started very well then had a couple of dodgy games - he was never shite and in fact for the last half of that season was quite good.

He started terribly, he was at fault for both goals in his first game against City in the Community shield. 

"Better". Mignolet has made 8 saves this season and conceded 8 goals (for comparison, Karius has made 14 saves and conceded 12). Don't get it twisted, this is simply to take Karius out of the firing line.

well would need to look at all the goals...i seem to recall one of migs was the one lucas gifted vardy so defo not blaming him for that....also mig saved a penalty at arsenal i recall...i honestly can't recall karius doing anything as impressive - but your point is fair enough about the firing line...plus if Klopp meant what he said about two keepers genuinely competing then he has to give mig a fair shot.

well would need to look at all the goals...i seem to recall one of migs was the one lucas gifted vardy so defo not blaming him for that....also mig saved a penalty at arsenal i recall...i honestly can't recall karius doing anything as impressive - but your point is fair enough about the firing line...plus if Klopp meant what he said about two keepers genuinely competing then he has to give mig a fair shot.

I don't get why we'd need to look at the goals individually when for basically the third season in a row, Mignolet is statistically almost just as likely to concede as he is to save something. It's like saying "yeah, that striker is fucking shit and can't score goals, but we need to analyze the players making runs around him and if the service to him is perfect, and then we'll know if he's any good." 

Mignolet is once again, not making any saves. I'm just not that concerned with knowing if he's unlucky or whatever.